Cornwall Football Forum

RRL ECPL Fixtures Satruday 21st Decembe/Boxing Day

Fixtures All 2:30pm ko

Gerran & St Mawes v St Cleer (Postponed)

Godolphin Atlantic (Newquay) v St Stephen (Postponed)

Newquay v St Dominick (Postponed

North Petherwin v Padstow United (Postponed)

Plymouth Marjon 0 Looe Town 0

Roche v St Blazey (Postponed)

St Minver v Mount Gould (postponed)

Veryan v St Teath (Postponed) 

Boxing Day

St Stephen v Foxhole (Postponed)

Sorry B Manning but in view of distance St Dominick had to travel would it not have been wiser to have the pitch inspected earlier in view of the poor weather at the time and expected.  Don't worry I assume you will get half your fee plus your expenses.  Why was a local referee not called in, don't people talk to each other. So who is going to pay St Dominick's expenses.  From what I was told the pitch was very wet but playable.  

ECPL For all your words of wisdom you actually know nothing, so before spouting off on here you should check all the facts.

1/ Newquay have done all they could to get the game played.

2/ Newquay arranged for a local referee to inspect the pitch at 09.30 this morning.

3/ At the time of the pitch inspection and after a reasonable day weatherwise yesterday he could find no reason to call off the game,and advised me accordingly.

4/ I left home at about 12.45 but by the time i reached Goonhavern it was hammering down and with the rainfall we have been having it had nowhere to go except sit on the surface.

5/ I did a thorough pitch inspection and with about 60% of the pitch having standing water and it still raining hard I made the decision to call off the game, a decision may I say that was not taken lightly for i did realise how far St Dominick had travelled.

6/ Two St Dominick players after seeing the pitch remarked to me " we cannot play on that".

7/ As for being told the pitch was playable I am far more experienced than the person who made that remark and I deemed it unsafe..

8/ If you really want to know my fee and expenses please ask the Newquay chairman, I am sure with my permission he will inform you.

Shockers B Manning, when will they learn not to open the mouth before checking all the facts - - - and you and the like having to waste your time coming on here to defend yourself by explaining your common sense and suitable actions! 

As I said. COMMON SENSE.  If the weather was that bad then surely the LOCAL referee should have gone back and checked the pitch.  Thus informing you and the visitors.  And by the way the person who told me this has many more years experience than your good self.  As I said a little common  sense would have sufficed.  You are the B Manning who came onto referee a match at Liskeard and forgot your red and yellow cards and had to ask the assistant for his.  So I think I can take your comments with a pinch of salt.

You mention 'At the time of the pitch inspection and after a reasonable day weatherwise yesterday he could find no reason to call off the game, and advised me accordingly.'  So the massive rain storm that hit Plymouth in the early hours missed Newquay then.   Enjoy your Christmas. 

1 minute ago, ECPL said:

As I said. COMMON SENSE.  If the weather was that bad then surely the LOCAL referee should have gone back and checked the pitch.  Thus informing you and the visitors.  And by the way the person who told me this has many more years experience than your good self.  As I said a little common  sense would have sufficed.  You are the B Manning who came onto referee a match at Liskeard and forgot your red and yellow cards and had to ask the assistant for his.  So I think I can take your comments with a pinch of salt.

You mention 'At the time of the pitch inspection and after a reasonable day weatherwise yesterday he could find no reason to call off the game, and advised me accordingly.'  So the massive rain storm that hit Plymouth in the early hours missed Newquay then.   Enjoy your Christmas. 

Representing the league well on this thread ECPL! 

ECPL, when will you learn,little tip follows, when in hole stop digging. As for years experience try 46 years for me and another point I have never refereed  at Liskeard. So once again you do not know what you are talking about. If you want to know more of my experience etc please feel free to message me.

B Manning I have to say ECPL has a serious down on referees , I can’t see why he doesn’t get it . Newquay worked hard to get the game on ,, pitch inspection at 9.30 , Playable , by the time the Refs arrives weather got worst rained heavily, on arrival ref inspects the playing surface , 60% Waterlogged , unplayable ,  not Newquay’s fault , definitely Not the refs fault . Not rocket science is it , but perhaps ECPL needs something the whinge about as he probably hasn’t got anything better to do . 

1 hour ago, goodsense said:

Newquay worked hard to get the game on ,, pitch inspection at 9.30 , Playable , by the time the Refs arrives weather got worst rained heavily, on arrival ref inspects the playing surface , 60% Waterlogged , unplayable ,  not Newquay’s fault , definitely Not the refs fault .

Have to say well done everyone for doing as much as possible to get the game played, although I guess one could ask why was the pitch inspection so early, bearing in mind the forecast was suggesting heavy rain? Could perhaps say 11.00 have been better?

Presumably by then, and with one eye on the forecast for the rest of the day, the decision might have been different? 

17 minutes ago, Dave Bartlam said:

This scenario happened all around the County... St Ives and St Buryan to name just two... Pitch inspections carried out and surfaces deemed playable. There was a huge downpour between 12:45 and 13:30 which was probably the final nail in the coffin for these pitches. I played on a 3g and even that became waterlogged!

The final nail was the rain Wednesday and Thursday. 

That rain was still in the ground near the surface, it has nowhere to go the whole profile is full of water for many, many inches if not feet!

On 21/12/2019 at 19:41, ECPL said:

All I will say is you rant is typical of the media. For your info the weather across mid cornwall was perfect and grounds were drying and as B Manning said it started to rain as he travelled to the ground, I was in St Austell and the heavans emptied after 12 noon so no doubt St Dominick were already on their way given that the roads were so busy. You are quick to have ago abouththese things but you totally forget referees have families and commitments. Can I suggest you qualify as a referee and make yourself available to do these pitch inspections all around the County.

Sorry Old 1950.  I am an ex referee so I do know what I am talking about.  Oh and B Manning funny you can't remember the game.  You left your red/yellow cards back in the dressing room.  You came over before the start of the match and asked your assistant to borrow his cards.  How do I know it is because I was BLOODY STANDING IN FRONT OF YOU.  Having a touch of memory lapse are we.   

33 minutes ago, B Manning said:

ECPL, I invited you to message me, you have not taken up that invite, I will repeat what I have already posted,  I HAVE NEVER REFEREED AT  LISKEARD. I don’t know who you think I am but I am quite willing to let you know ,I will also bring you up to date with my experience as a referee.

That’s quite amazing though that throughout 46 years of being a ref you’ve never done a match at Liskeard! How come? 

Hi Dave, I have in the past been appointed as an assistant but that only about twice, the reasoning probably is the travelling distance for me as I am from the Truro area. but 100% definate that I have never refereed at that ground. ECPL`s mistake could be that there is another referee from the Plymouth area with the same name as myself. Also  Dave i am from up country and have been in Cornwall for only 20 years. 

1 hour ago, B Manning said:

Hi Dave, I have in the past been appointed as an assistant but that only about twice, the reasoning probably is the travelling distance for me as I am from the Truro area. but 100% definate that I have never refereed at that ground. ECPL`s mistake could be that there is another referee from the Plymouth area with the same name as myself. Also  Dave i am from up country and have been in Cornwall for only 20 years. 

Blimey...two of you!...gawd help us!