Cornwall Football Forum

A special night in Mousehole

This Thursday 19th December Falmouth Town FC travel to Mousehole. For once the result is secondary.  December 19th is the anniversary of the Penlee lifeboat tragedy.

There will be a big F troop turn out and total respect for the people of Mousehole will be given.  We have made a collection for the lifeboat appeal and will present Mousehole with a wreath before the game.  

With regards to the game,  In my opinion Mousehole are the best team we've played this season so a very tough game is expected.  We will cheer our team on but more importantly our thoughts on the night will be for those who lost their lives that horrible night in 1981 and for the people they left behind. X

9 minutes ago, Rayvon said:

Have to say well done to Falmouths respect but unfortunately I do not think this is a very appropriate date to play a football match and I'm sure the CCFA could have been a bit more thoughtful when drawing up there fixture list. Just my opinion of course.

I cannot remember a match, locally ever being played on a Thursday except a cup semi final. Is it the ccfa or the Exeter based contingent responsible, I am not sure?

1 hour ago, Rayvon said:

Have to say well done to Falmouths respect but unfortunately I do not think this is a very appropriate date to play a football match and I'm sure the CCFA could have been a bit more thoughtful when drawing up there fixture list. Just my opinion of course.

Absolutely nothing to do with the Cornwall FA! Anyway, if Mousehole wanted to play on this date surely that’s ok.They brought the date of the fixture forward.

5 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

Mousehole work very closely with the RNLI and have done for some time - personally I think it is a very good idea to remind people of the loss that took place on that awful night. Well done to Jeff and the F Troop - hope the game goes ahead and I also hope all attending find ways to support the RNLI. 

I actually agree Bobjfh. Some will and some will not, that's life. But the games on and we are all looking forward to it. 

21 minutes ago, Outsider said:

Big Al, I have just done a search on "ccfa", and, believe it or not, Cornwall FA comes up. This is what the organisation who looks after Cornish Football is called.

Look up Cornwall county football association abbreviated ccfa. I am not always wrong as you are suggesting!

22 hours ago, Jeff Chambers said:

This Thursday 19th December Falmouth Town FC travel to Mousehole. For once the result is secondary.  December 19th is the anniversary of the Penlee lifeboat tragedy.

There will be a big F troop turn out and total respect for the people of Mousehole will be given.  We have made a collection for the lifeboat appeal and will present Mousehole with a wreath before the game.  

With regards to the game,  In my opinion Mousehole are the best team we've played this season so a very tough game is expected.  We will cheer our team on but more importantly our thoughts on the night will be for those who lost their lives that horrible night in 1981 and for the people they left behind. X