Cornwall Football Forum

CCFA Have Your Say

Guest Postie Pidge

Guest Postie Pidge

Have Your Say On Grassroots Football

The FA’s National Game Strategy 2008-12 will outline how we will work both nationally and locally to develop football to ensure you can all enjoy the game in a safe, positive environment.

Nearly 20,000 football participants and providers have already had their say in the most fundamental review to date of the state of grassroots football in England. Having your say is important because we want to ensure the Strategy delivers what you want for football over the next four years.

It’s important to us that we now get your feedback on what you think needs to be done to improve football at a local level.

We will be doing this through a series of consultation events with clubs, leagues and referees to discuss the forthcoming National Game Strategy 2008-2012 and what aims and objectives within that format we have in Cornwall.

We are inviting your club to one of our events.

Bodmin FC Tue 12 Feb 7.00pm

Penzance FC Mon 18 Feb 7.00pm

Truro - Trelawney Room County Hall Mon 25 Feb 7.00pm

Launceston FC Thu 28 Feb 7.00pm

You can come along too - let us know by emailing morag.robertson@cornwallfa.com or telephoning 01726 74080 with your name and contact details and which venue.

On the night, there will be a presentation explaining the background to the National Game Strategy; the major themes will be highlighted and then discussed in more detail with the emphasis on how they can be tailored to Cornwall. This will be done in groups if the numbers permit. There will be a feedback session to end the evening. The main aims of the Strategy are overleaf.

The presentation and the hosting of the event will be done by members of the Strategy Sub Group – Barry Cudmore, Geoff Lee, Andy Mitchell, Chris Coombes and Morag Robertson.

I love the members of the Strategy Sub Group – Barry Cudmore, Geoff Lee, Andy Mitchell, Chris Coombes and Morag Robertson. If these people don't take any notice of what is happening in their own county how on earth can they represent the views and ideas of their own county which at the moment they choose to ignore.

I trust these members will be asked to leave the room when it gets down to the serious stuff. Making tea and providing biscuits sounds good to me.

I love the members of the Strategy Sub Group – Barry Cudmore, Geoff Lee, Andy Mitchell, Chris Coombes and Morag Robertson. If these people don't take any notice of what is happening in their own county how on earth can they represent the views and ideas of their own county which at the moment they choose to ignore.

I trust these members will be asked to leave the room when it gets down to the serious stuff. Making tea and providing biscuits sounds good to me.

i wouldnt trust them to make a decent cup of tea ECPL,might get the biscuits right. :c:

If you have any criticisms or suggestions please go along and make your feelings known.

If nobody goes, they can legitimately say that they've asked but everyone but oldasigets is happy with what they do. (them in St Austell and the big, sweet, F.A.)

I'll be going to Penzance. I have been known to speak up about the way the CCFA works. (It could even be entertaining, but no promises.)

I don't really want to find that I'm the only one who gives an ****.

• 2 weeks later...

Penzance meeting tonight. Attendance = 8

Perhaps we get the County Association we deserve.

I am very sad. Does no one really care?

How can you complain about the County Football Association if you can't be bothered to go along and make constructive criticism?

I went. I made all the points I could but felt a bit like a voice crying in the wilderness.

I raised.

1. Communication The ONLY real communication is the referees' appointments. No newsletter. Last meeting like this 5 years ago!. No contact with our Council members. What was the National Strategy 2004 -2008? How will we know about the National Strategy 2008-2012? Why aren't the clubs allowed to vote on ANYTHING?. Why is the AGM such a waste of time?

2. Facilities Why, after spending £7 million on County football, are half the pitches STILL without changing facilities. Why not give small grants for modest facilities that get players out of the rain and showered. (See Nancegollan for a £20,000 facility.) Why are the Football Foundation Guidelines so out of touch with Grass-roots requirements? ("You MUST have THREE toilets for spectators" - "We've never had three spectators." - "That doesn't matter, you might get three one day." - Actual quote!) Why do 3G Astro pitches cost so much for a match with all the money swilling around? ( Not my question)

3 Referees and Discipline What good was the last "initiative" that politely asked players to respect referees? Why not reward clubs who behave as well as fining those that don't. Why not look at schemes that actively reward clubs that respect refs. (See WCSFL scheme). The County records each clubs disciplinary points. Why not issue a commendation/Cash/kit vouchers to clubs/Leagues with the lowest points?

4. 11 a side rules Why not allow flexibility at grass roots? e.g. a) Rolling subs. The present rule is dangerous as injured players are pressured to play on if you have no subs left. B) Try the 10 yard rule without the requirement to caution a player. c) Allow vets to "share" a team place - like "tag" wrestling. Keep em in the game a few more years. d) Allow mixed football ("Can't do that - no facilities") -Half the bloody pitches haven't got any facilities at all!

Why not let junior Leagues decide how they want to do these last items?

Well, I raised these. Barry, Morag Andy noted them down and thanked me .

Just wish a few others had the guts / concern to go and say something

Next time you complain, the CCFA Ltd will be able to say, quite rightly, that you had your chance to tell us about it and you didn't.

Rant over

Is it a platform for discussion and debate or the CCFA telling us what the FA have in mind?

The CCFA outlined the FA.'s consultation strategy and the areas that were being pursued by the 2008-2012 National Strategy and then opened to discussion from the floor.

There were no limits to the discussion.

I have outlined above my areas of concern. I even argued that the CCCFA Ltd's constitution illegally disenfranchised the member clubs. My argument was listened to and a response, of sorts, was offered.

But how many Clubs were contacted and told of these meetings?

The CCFA have your say meetings have also been publicized on the Kernow League Website - all of the fixtures and results reporting in the Kernow League is now done on line through their website so in theory all the managers of all the youth teams within the county should be aware of the meetings as arranged.

St Agnes certainly received correspondence from the CCFA about these meetings.

Guest postman pat

i know that we at titans fc in mining div 3 had notification and we shall be attending the truro meeting next week.i agree with oldasagit its one thing to moan on this website but its pointless when the ccfa bother to arrange a meeting if no one turns up. :c:

How can you complain about the County Football Association if you can't be bothered to go along and make constructive criticism?

Some of us wanted to attend oldasitgets. Believe it or not, I have been know at times to express my opinion on subjects that I deem worthy :o .. However, my wife has social commitments on monday nights and that leaves me at home with three children to take care of. As much as I love my football and a good old fashioned debate/discussion of concerns, my family will come 1st all the time.

I care considerably for local football and will speak out to anybody in defense of it. I am one of those people that have complained about the CCFA and have made no secret of my disapproval of many things in the past and contacted those at the CCFA to voice my disapproval.

However, your statement "How can you complain about the County Football Association if you can't be bothered to go along and make constructive criticism?" is slightly demonstrative of a short sighted opinion, which to be honest I find somewhat surprising from somebody such as yourself who normally demonstrates a pretty decent level of knowledge and education.

Just because people weren't there, doesn't mean that they couldn't be bothered.

Some of us wanted to attend oldasitgets. Believe it or not, I have been know at times to express my opinion on subjects that I deem worthy :o .. However, my wife has social commitments on monday nights and that leaves me at home with three children to take care of. As much as I love my football and a good old fashioned debate/discussion of concerns, my family will come 1st all the time.

However, your statement "How can you complain about the County Football Association if you can't be bothered to go along and make constructive criticism?" is slightly demonstrative of a short sighted opinion, which to be honest I find somewhat surprising from somebody such as yourself who normally demonstrates a pretty decent level of knowledge and education.

But Coopsie, only 8!

O.k. you couldn't attend. Fair enough! But not all 874 other interested and caring parties had family commitments. Surely.

One of the eight was the Referees' Appointments Officer and two were from one club - Mousehole.

I did comment that maybe some were still concerned that they would get aggravation from the CCFA if they complained - a legacy of the bad old days with the late Mr Ryder - that may have put them off.

My "rant" certainly was not, as you seemed to assume, aimed at individuals. It was aimed at a football community that complains bitterly about their County Association and yet couldn't raise above 8 (6) people prepared to turn up to a formal meeting.

If I had a little less confidence, I could have felt a little insecure and vulnerable speaking out, alone, against the football establishment.

But Coopsie, only 8!

O.k. you couldn't attend. Fair enough! But not all 874 other interested and caring parties had family commitments. Surely.

One of the eight was the Referees' Appointments Officer and two were from one club - Mousehole.

I did comment that maybe some were still concerned that they would get aggravation from the CCFA if they complained - a legacy of the bad old days with the late Mr Ryder - that may have put them off.

My "rant" certainly was not, as you seemed to assume, aimed at individuals. It was aimed at a football community that complains bitterly about their County Association and yet couldn't raise above 8 (6) people prepared to turn up to a formal meeting.

If I had a little less confidence, I could have felt a little insecure and vulnerable speaking out, alone, against the football establishment.

I do see your point sir and I 100% understand where you're coming from. I guess it is extremely disappointing from your point of view because you've attended so many of those meetings in the past and now you find that you're asking yourself the question "why the hell do I bother"..

Well to elaborate on your signature at the bottom of your posts, "you don't know what you've got til it's gone".. Clever woman that Joni Mitchell. ;)

Meeting at Truro had 14 in attendance - representing 6 clubs (I think) and several referees.

It was informative and several in attendance stated they had learned things about the CCFA and the FA that they had not known and understood more of the role the CCFA has and how they can help clubs.

The future plans for the FA and any ideas from the floor were aired with several topics being taken away by those presenting the meeting for consideration of addition to future strategies and plans.

A good effort by those holding the meeting Chris Coombes, Morag Robertson and Andy Mitchell and a shame there were not more there representing more clubs because we all had the opportunity to offer our thoughts, ideas and grumbles.

Guest postman pat

i was very dissapointed with the turnout last night as i think i am right in saying we (titans fc ) were the only junior club in attendance.

as aggiemaid said the fa reps. were prepared to listen and tried to answer any queries that we had.i felt there was a big opportunity lost by a lot of clubs last night.these people are there to represent us,it is not very often that they give us the opportunity to have our say.the least we can do is turn up in numbers,after all it is our fa.

i know that people have commitments but surely just one person from your club could have bothered to show an interest in the running of our game in our county.

rant over :c: