Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Saturday 14 December 2019

Truro City win again and now four points clear at the top of the table.

Blackfield & Langley            0 – 1       Beaconsfield Town

Att: 69

Gosport Borough                 1 – 0       Harrow Borough

Hayes & Yeading United     0 – 1       Truro City

Att: 237

Merthyr Town                      0 – 2       Walton Casuals

Att: 363

Poole Town                           P – P       Hendon

Swindon Supermarine        P – P       Dorchester Town

Taunton Town                      4 – 3       Metropolitan Police

Att: 540

Tiverton Town                      P – P       Farnborough

Weston-super-Mare           P – P       Wimborne Town

Another miserable result for the Anti Truro Brigade and only ten days before Paul Wotton leaves the City or will Mystic Leeds be replacing his Crystal Ball. :Santa:

Just as a matter of interest this was a game dominated by the City who should have been 3 up by half time, it wasn't helped when the home team were reduced to 10 men.

Just a mater of time now we have got a majority government, Boris got the cheque book all ready to go. Just as a matter of interest Tuesday.night's game against Salisbury on Tuesday night has been postponed due to them being involved in a cup replay. City's. Next game is on Saturday when they entertain Yate Town.

19 minutes ago, Rayvon said:

Just a mater of time now we have got a majority government, Boris got the cheque book all ready to go. Just as a matter of interest Tuesday.night's game against Salisbury on Tuesday night has been postponed due to them being involved in a cup replay. City's. Next game is on Saturday when they entertain Yate Town.

Don't count your chickens just yet, Boris has to return a lot of favours 'up north'.

On 15/12/2019 at 10:07, Rayvon said:

Forgot to mention, what happened to all the predictions that Truro City would be playing there home games at the Mennaye this season. Auntie and Uncle are so gullible. :SM_carton:

I was up country at the weekend and intended to go to Hayes and Yeading but circumstances conspired against me so I went to Aylesbury United v Yaxley, which was nearer to where I was based, instead. Aylesbury ground share at Chesham United, Truro's rivals in the South Division. I was sat next to the directors' box where a chap wearing a Chesham-badged jacket was telling everyone that next season Truro will play "their home games in Penzance." He was clearly put out by this, hoping that Chesham avoid Truro next year because " Penzance is ever further away. " Is this just another rumour starting up?

On 15/12/2019 at 20:00, Rayvon said:

I love your optimism. 

The cost of it is going up every year. In the end, that £3mil from the government won't be enough (unless the Pirates have got a bottomless money vaullt somewhere like Scrooge McDuck). 

On 17/12/2019 at 10:04, Gary Walter said:

I was up country at the weekend and intended to go to Hayes and Yeading but circumstances conspired against me so I went to Aylesbury United v Yaxley, which was nearer to where I was based, instead. Aylesbury ground share at Chesham United, Truro's rivals in the South Division. I was sat next to the directors' box where a chap wearing a Chesham-badged jacket was telling everyone that next season Truro will play "their home games in Penzance." He was clearly put out by this, hoping that Chesham avoid Truro next year because " Penzance is ever further away. " Is this just another rumour starting up?

I'm getting Deja Vu... That rumour was around the end of last season(?).

Some Truro fans don't know what's going on at City, yet a Chesham supporter does...😬