Cornwall Football Forum

RRL ECPL FIXTURES SATURDAY 14TH DECEMBER

I haven't commented on the ref myself but he did very well in very difficult circumstances but I think the goings on with the traveling support had to take a back seat as he had his hands full with the on pitch happenings,most of the off the ball stuff was that late with out 3 officials you couldn't expect the ref to do much about as he was obviously focusing on where play was( there is some footage on YouTube including one of our players getting his head stamped on).None of what's been said on here has been exaggerated & at one point one of our players boys (9/10 years old)who was watching from the stands with his mum ended up in tears due to the away supports overly aggressive carrying on's,there was a member of the ccfa & a member of the east cornwall committee who in there words have never witnessed anything like in there time in local football & another who is on the St Pirans committee & still a widely respected ref ( who had left before the pitch invasion "as he'd already seen enough") so hopefully they'll have some input on the concerns us & other teams are having.One thing I'd like to make abundantly clear is that the fact Mount Gould are from Plymouth has nothing to do with any of this but this sort of behaviour shouldn't & can't be excepted from any team from anywhere.I have seen Foxhole getting dragged into this & having come up against them many times over the years it's always been very entertaining during the games to say the least but nothing comparable to Saturday's debacle on any level & myself & others are struggling to get our heads around what we all actually witnessed & had an involvement in .

Having watched the st Stephen mount gould game Saturday ,I can say what a game this was ,from both teams having the lead at 1 stage to then being clawed back , a draw was probably the best result , mount Gould came out of the blocks to try and out muscle the st Stephen lads as much as they can , what the yellow men lacked in size they made up for in hard graft , they were no push overs and certainly made it clear they were prepared to go toe to toe with the Gould .

both teams played some great stuff at times and that’s what should be remembered 

unfortunatley this game will be remembered for other things , 

to be honest it seemed like mount Gould were itching for it to kick off from the moment the game kicked off , with coaching staff and and subs constantly encroaching onto the pitch constantly chirping up to the st Stephen lot on the side lines , The general bully boy attitude from the mount Gould was of school child level yes there was on the pitch scuffles which will always happen in tight tense games but there is no need for coaching team and subs to jump into the game to try and attack players , your on the sidelines for a reason not to try and chuck your matchsticks around ,

thought the st Stephen subs did well to calm the situation down , 

also seen a couple of you tube vids which back up a lot of what most have been saying . 
Bee a good game in the return fixture , 

and hopefully a pint or 4  after the game 

Sup

Why did t the ref do something I asked him the same thing his response was simple what can I do he said he was as intimidated by the thugs as the supporters was nearly a week on I’m still in shock to what happened. The young supporter was my boy and with his mum working Saturday I have asked him to come with me to football his response no I don’t like football it’s too scary. Absolute ******* joke that is and if any one disagrees with that hang your head in Shame

• 2 weeks later...

No shock to see it all go quiet and no action taken.

Levels of participation in football is plummeting and matters like this wont help.

No action or punishment, it will happen again and more young supporters who watch this kind of thing happen will not want to play mens football as they grow up, what a shocking example to set, may I add that Mount Gould had (what looked like) a whole youth team there, also learning from their seniors. Embarrassing.

Don't moan when more teams fold in the future due to lack of players. Nobody wants to be involved in that type of game.

On 15/12/2019 at 11:33, Dave Deacon said:

Should Mount Gould win the league, are they likely to have applied for promotion? 

Difficult for them being in a Cornish League Dave.  Devon clubs are not eligible for promotion to the St Piran League and the ECPL isn't a designated feeder league for the Devon League so there is no promotion route for them.

3 minutes ago, Steve Carpenter said:

Difficult for them being in a Cornish League Dave.  Devon clubs are not eligible for promotion to the St Piran League and the ECPL isn't a designated feeder league for the Devon League so there is no promotion route for them.

Makes loads of sense them playing in Cornwall then *rolls eyes*