Cornwall Football Forum

RRL ECPL FIXTURES SATURDAY 14TH DECEMBER

Gerrans & St Mawes 4 St Teath 1

North Petherwin v Veryan (Postponed)

Padstow United 5 Godolphin Atlantic (Newquay) 3

St Blazey v Torpoint Athletic (Postponed)

St Cleer v Roche (Postponed)

St Dominick 6 Foxhole 2

St Minver v Plymouth Marjon (Postponed)

St Stephen 4 Mount Gould 4

8 minutes ago, coady-9 said:

Win or lose always go for a drink at Dom looking favourites for me

Exactly part of the game, even if it’s only for 10 minutes.

Title is well and truely wide open especially with Mount Gold and Foxhole both dropping points recently. Going to be interesting in the new year.

3 minutes ago, Massive88 said:

Exactly part of the game, even if it’s only for 10 minutes.

Title is well and truely wide open especially with Mount Gold and Foxhole both dropping points recently. Going to be interesting in the new year.

We also had a no show after the game football is dying different game to how it used to be

10 hours ago, Big shack said:

Played against st Stephen today was like playing  against 12 men with that ref as he was first names with the home side. Cant wait for the rematch at tothill can she double figures !!

Hi Shaquille, I was at the game today, and also saw the referee call multiple players by there name, and I agree it is absolutely disgraceful that the referee remembers players names, hopefully he will be rightly dealt with for these horrendous manners. As for double figures, i was impressed by st stephens today, but I don’t think they are quite good enough to put ten past yourselves. Maybe you should stick to the NBA Mr O’Neal.

Foul Throw (yet another forum contributor hiding behind a nom de plume) what do you mean another 2 red cards for Foxhole? I reckon that in the previous 60 odd games including friendlies we've played since the start of last season we've had precisely one other red card (in the league cup semi)! As one of several Foxhole fans who made the long trek yesterday, trust me when I say that both dismissals had absolutely no bearing on the final result - St Dominick were far too good for us on the day and would have beaten us if we had 11 on all game (or even 13 or 14). I can't speak for anybody else but I had no issue with either red card. Marjons had two sent off against us only last month but there has been no mention (let alone criticism) of them at all!

1 hour ago, Darin Morse said:

Foul Throw (yet another forum contributor hiding behind a nom de plume) what do you mean another 2 red cards for Foxhole? I reckon that in the previous 60 odd games including friendlies we've played since the start of last season we've had precisely one other red card (in the league cup semi)! As one of several Foxhole fans who made the long trek yesterday, trust me when I say that both dismissals had absolutely no bearing on the final result - St Dominick were far too good for us on the day and would have beaten us if we had 11 on all game (or even 13 or 14). I can't speak for anybody else but I had no issue with either red card. Marjons had two sent off against us only last month but there has been no mention (let alone criticism) of them at all!

Marjons have not had a red card all season, there was 2 yellows resulting in a sin bin. I suspect that is why there was no mention or criticism of them

Thank you for the clarification Maybenextyear. I saw the player who had earlier been booked then banished to the dugout, and the coach walking towards the perimeter gate following a discussion with the referee, but did not notice either subsequently return to their position (although I accept that may well have been due to their being less than 10 minutes remaining). I'm happy to be corrected. On the subject on sin bins, Foul Throw will be interested to learn that Foxhole have only suffered this once this season.

3 hours ago, Darin Morse said:

Thank you for the clarification Maybenextyear. I saw the player who had earlier been booked then banished to the dugout, and the coach walking towards the perimeter gate following a discussion with the referee, but did not notice either subsequently return to their position (although I accept that may well have been due to their being less than 10 minutes remaining). I'm happy to be corrected. On the subject on sin bins, Foul Throw will be interested to learn that Foxhole have only suffered this once this season.

Darin there was no problem with the coach and to their credit all of the Foxhole players shook hands with me at the end of the game with absolutely no animosity. I must say another very honest report from you. 

On 16/12/2019 at 19:17, karaoke said:

Yes, I have been there many times over the years, it's a typical Plymouth Council pitch, no dugouts, basic changing rooms but pretty flat. I shouldn't think any higher league would accept them.

Don't think that Mount Gould would want promotion beyond ECPL. Don't mean this in a derogatory way, but they have a Sunday league look about them. Their squad contains players such as Chris Wright, Danny Brook and Jimmy Alexander. Superb players for numerous Peninsula League sides in the past, but probably winding down now and want to enjoy playing football without too much travelling.

2 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Don't think that Mount Gould would want promotion beyond ECPL. Don't mean this in a derogatory way, but they have a Sunday league look about them. Their squad contains players such as Chris Wright, Danny Brook and Jimmy Alexander. Superb players for numerous Peninsula League sides in the past, but probably winding down now and want to enjoy playing football without too much travelling.

None of those played when I reffed them so don't know if they are regulars

There's a lot of criticism of Mount Gould on here - some of which I think is unjustified. The conduct of players and supporters is something I cannot condone - but only the club itself can do something to address. I offer no comment on that, other than to say this is not restricted to MG!

As a club MG have been around for many years. The P&D league had declined massive over the last 10 years, to a point where I believe there are only 10 teams in the Premier Division, most if not all, playing on poorly maintained council pitches with awful changing facilities. That in itself is not fun. Tamarside were the first P&D club to make the move to the ECPL and clubs like Plymstock, Plymouth Parkway and Elburton Villa have all followed suit, with varying degrees of success. 

I believe MG do want to progress. They have improved the changing facilities massively and they have plans to install dugouts and a pitch barrier at Tothill Enclosure, which by the way is one of the better surfaces in the league, if not the greatest of venues. The likes of the players mentioned above are not going to be around forever. MG do have links to junior clubs and have on occasions incorporated young players into their side.

In hindsight, I think MG would probably have preferred to go into the new Devon County League set up. Tothill Enclosure would not take that much to get up to scratch. Plympton Athletic for example,  play at Lee Moor in the Devon County League where facilities are far from great.

The bottom line is, MG are in the ECPL and we have to play them! Yes, they're physical. Yes, there are some on and off field antics that may not sit right with some of us. But I've been to plenty of East Cornwall clubs - some even this season - received very similar treatment and witnessed similar displays of poor conduct from players and spectators alike. Don't think for one minute this is a new thing! I think some of you have very selective memories... or you don't like it when the shoe is on the other foot? 

I embrace teams like MG into the league. It may not be that enjoyable on the day - because they'll make it very hard for you - but it's a test and one that I will be looking forward to later in the season.

Well said,Shouter-a wonderfully sensible and well-balanced posting.

As for Mount Gould,I fully believe they are an excellent addition to the League(the team everyone wants to beat),and if anyone thinks they are a problem to play against,

I offer this thought: Wait until you visit Foxhole !!! -"you aint seen nothing yet"

Ticcks are already on sale for the M.G./Foxes clashes !

5 minutes ago, Adlestrop said:

Well said,Shouter-a wonderfully sensible and well-balanced posting.

As for Mount Gould,I fully believe they are an excellent addition to the League(the team everyone wants to beat),and if anyone thinks they are a problem to play against,

I offer this thought: Wait until you visit Foxhole !!! -"you aint seen nothing yet"

Ticcks are already on sale for the M.G./Foxes clashes !

Do wonder if there is a bit of anti Plymouth sentiment at play as well. Remember Plymouth Parkway Reserves , and Tamarside before them, catching a bit of stick when they played in the ECPL. Especially when they were successful.

1 hour ago, Way Of The Park said:

Do wonder if there is a bit of anti Plymouth sentiment at play as well. Remember Plymouth Parkway Reserves , and Tamarside before them, catching a bit of stick when they played in the ECPL. Especially when they were successful.

Possibly, but is any wonder when they seem to hold such strong anti Cornish sentiment themselves. At one point on Saturday one of the MG bench turned to the home supporters and called them a " bunch of Cornish c***s" after being on the end of a few laughs for slipping on his arse. They won't win many friends in this league with attitude like that.

Think some of you that are posting are missing the major points as no one is knocking that Mount Gould are a good side but the issues are the behaviour of the players on & off the pitch,there supporters who’s behaviour which is embarrassing in any walk of life ,there management team constantly threatening opposition players & to top it all the above constantly knocking Cornwall as a place & it’s people well sorry you asked to join a Cornish league & if you don’t like it don’t play in it as I’m sure the P&D will welcome you back & let the rest of us enjoy a Saturday afternoon.

3 hours ago, Jason Prynne said:

Think some of you that are posting are missing the major points as no one is knocking that Mount Gould are a good side but the issues are the behaviour of the players on & off the pitch,there supporters who’s behaviour which is embarrassing in any walk of life ,there management team constantly threatening opposition players & to top it all the above constantly knocking Cornwall as a place & it’s people well sorry you asked to join a Cornish league & if you don’t like it don’t play in it as I’m sure the P&D will welcome you back & let the rest of us enjoy a Saturday afternoon.

I think you are also missing the point slightly Jason. As I said, I have experienced equally embarrassing behavior and conduct from other clubs in the league (someone has already mentioned one) both this season and in my previous involvement in the ECPL. I just think it's highlighted because MG are new, from Plymouth and are likely (nothing is for sure) to win the league at the first attempt. It's nothing new.