Trelawny League - Saturday 7 December 2019

TRELAWNY LEAGUE

PREMIERSHIP

Probus    3-0        Troon AFC

CHAMPIONSHIP

Falmouth Town AFC 3rd       4-2                Ludgvan Reserves

Illogan RBL Thirds                  2-4             Mawnan Reserves

Mullion Reserves           3-5            St Ives Mariners

West Cornwall FC             Aban            Four Lanes (injury)

DIVISION 1

Redruth United Reserves         2-3          Perranwell Reserves

DIVISION 2

Constantine Reserves      0-4        St Ives Town FC Reserves

Falmouth United               6-0                Storm FC

St Buryan             2-1         Lizard Argyle Reserves

ARTHUR PEARCE CUP

Goonhavern Athletic Reserves       8-1          Probus Reserves

DUNN CUP

Camborne SoM       1-0               Newlyn Non-Athletico

Stithians               3-4                Newlyn Lions

LEAGUE CUP

Frogpool & Cusgarne        3-6             Constantine

Gwinear Churchtown      6-3                RNAS Culdrose Reserves

LOCKHART CUP

Penzance Reserves         4-3            St Erme (aet)

Praze       1-6          St Just

St Day Thirds          5-4                Rosudgeon Reserves

Troon AFC Reserves           2-9               Frogpool & Cusgarne Reserves

RUSSELL HALL CUP

Chacewater          7-1            Stithians Reserves

Four Lanes Reserves     1-7          Tregony FC

Threemilestone Reserves   9-1  New Inn Titans FC Reserves

Praze 1-6 St Just

The away side won and deservingly so. We weren’t at the races at all and made some bad decisions as a team. 
Id like to see st just win the league cup, but hope we can change things when we meet in the league. 

The referee young Oliver Knibb had a good game. Some wrong decisions and maybe should have shown a card or two but that’ll come with experience the more games he takes control of. 

Thanks for coming to back to the pub, at least we won something (necking a pint) 👌

40 minutes ago, zebedee said:

West Cornwall v Fourlanes abandoned after 20 mins due to a serious knee injury to a Fourlanes defender .

I hope it’s not to bad and back playing soon 

Gutted after being 1-0 up and looking good in the game but players health come first. 

although he was the official allocated referee very proud of our chairman’s Dan inch’s reactions in immediately helping to get Scott comfortable, and taking the appropriate precautions until medics could arrive. Top work dan proud to have you as the head of our club. 

wish Scott a speedy recovery. Never a nice thing to see. 

Today at Penlee Park we saw the best bit of honesty we have seen for quite a while. 88mins on the clock, Penzance are losing 3-2 and win a corner. The ball comes over, big scramble, Penzance shout goal but the ball is cleared. The ref waves away the Pz players and for a few seconds the game carries on. The ref then goes to the St Erme lino who indicates it went over the line. 3-3 and into extra-time. Well done the player with the flag. 

Back to the start.

Lockhart Cup First Round

Penzance reserves 4-3 St Erme.

Att - 48

Penzance go in front in the first minute and for the next 15, dominate. They miss 5-6 clear cut chances. 

St Erme get back into it and are good on the break, and their defence and keeper get the upper hand for a while. They equalise after 24 mins and then for the first time since 27th August, Penzance are behind in a match when the visitors score again after 44 mins.

The lead lasts for 2 mins as Pz get on level terms immediately.

Penzance go behind again on 59 mins, throw everything at St Erme who hold firm at the back urged on by their keeper who made a few great saves. 

We score to make it 3-3 and then again in the 99th minute. St Erme push forward, Pz panic at times but survive. In the second half of extra time, Penzance hook the ball out from under their bar to save the match.

Full-time, a really great game. Pz hit the upright 3 times and bar once during the game. 

Next round, we face St Just, the only side to get the better of the Magpies this season so far.

Many thanks to the referee.

15 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Today at Penlee Park we saw the best bit of honesty we have seen for quite a while. 88mins on the clock, Penzance are losing 3-2 and win a corner. The ball comes over, big scramble, Penzance shout goal but the ball is cleared. The ref waves away the Pz players and for a few seconds the game carries on. The ref then goes to the St Erme lino who indicates it went over the line. 3-3 and into extra-time. Well done the player with the flag. 

Back to the start.

Lockhart Cup First Round

Penzance reserves 4-3 St Erme.

Att - 48

Penzance go in front in the first minute and for the next 15, dominate. They miss 5-6 clear cut chances. 

St Erme get back into it and are good on the break, and their defence and keeper get the upper hand for a while. They equalise after 24 mins and then for the first time since 27th August, Penzance are behind in a match when the visitors score again after 44 mins.

The lead lasts for 2 mins as Pz get on level terms immediately.

Penzance go behind again on 59 mins, throw everything at St Erme who hold firm at the back urged on by their keeper who made a few great saves. 

We score to make it 3-3 and then again in the 99th minute. St Erme push forward, Pz panic at times but survive. In the second half of extra time, Penzance hook the ball out from under their bar to save the match.

Full-time, a really great game. Pz hit the upright 3 times and bar once during the game. 

Next round, we face St Just, the only side to get the better of the Magpies this season so far.

Many thanks to the referee.

Was a great game to be involved in and St Erme ran their hosts very close indeed, it was a great battle from start to finish.

St Erme themselves could’ve been further ahead at the break but Cornish teddy boy seems to have not given enough praise to the home team keeper in my view who made 3 outstanding one on one saves to keep them in it, yes Penzance wasted some  glorious chances but that said the game really could’ve gone either way on the day.

The equaliser in the 89th minute was very tough to take, if only the ref has spotted the blatant foul at the front post then the rest would not be being discussed but these things happen.

Credit to the young RB who somehow cleared from below his own cross bar right at the death which would’ve taken the game to pens, if honest I’ve not seen defending that good at this level ever so fair play.

Good luck to Penzance in the next round, once again was a great game in front of a decent crowd that added to the drama on the day and was eerily quiet at half time as the hosts aren’t used to be being behind very often at all.

Have a great Christmas to everyone at Penzance, we’ll see you in the new year when we do battle all over again.

Probus 3 Troon 0

Thank you to the Troon players for observing a minutes silence in our first home game since in my dad passed away last week. 

We took the lead when a corner from George Marris went straight in. Troon hit the bar from a free-kick and that was the closest they came to scoring in the game. We restricted them to half chances and I thought we did ok defensively for our first clean sheet in the league this season - our centre backs combined age was 106 years old (of which I'm responsible for 44 years!).

We increased our lead halfway through the second half (I can't remember who scored!) and I should have increased the lead from a corner when I somehow managed to volley the ball over from about 6 yards! We eventually made it 3-0 with 10 minutes to go when a cross found Jago Bayley, who laid it off to Dean Southworth, who finished well.

Thank you to Troon for a good, competitive game and for coming back to the club afterwards. Thanks also to the referee, Sam Doble, who had a good game.

On 07/12/2019 at 10:56, Dave Deacon said:

TRELAWNY LEAGUE

PREMIERSHIP

Probus    3-0        Troon AFC

CHAMPIONSHIP

Falmouth Town AFC 3rd       4-2                Ludgvan Reserves

Illogan RBL Thirds                  2-4             Mawnan Reserves

Mullion Reserves           3-5            St Ives Mariners

West Cornwall FC             Aban            Four Lanes (injury)

DIVISION 1

Redruth United Reserves         2-3          Perranwell Reserves

DIVISION 2

Constantine Reserves      0-4        St Ives Town FC Reserves

Falmouth United               6-0                Storm FC

St Buryan             2-1         Lizard Argyle Reserves

ARTHUR PEARCE CUP

Goonhavern Athletic Reserves       3-0             Probus Reserves

DUNN CUP

Camborne SoM       1-0               Newlyn Non-Athletico

Stithians               3-4                Newlyn Lions

LEAGUE CUP

Frogpool & Cusgarne        3-6             Constantine

Gwinear Churchtown      6-3                RNAS Culdrose Reserves

LOCKHART CUP

Penzance Reserves         4-3            St Erme (aet)

Praze       1-6          St Just

St Day Thirds          5-4                Rosudgeon Reserves

Troon AFC Reserves           2-9               Frogpool & Cusgarne Reserves

RUSSELL HALL CUP

Chacewater          7-1            Stithians Reserves

Four Lanes Reserves             v                Tregony FC

Threemilestone Reserves   9-1  New Inn Titans FC Reserves

Goonhavern Res vs Probus Res finished 8-1!

Not sure where the 3-0 came from!

4 hours ago, Titus Bramble said:

Goonhavern Res vs Probus Res finished 8-1!

Not sure where the 3-0 came from!

The results are only as good as what appears on the full-time site . At 21.22 Sunday evening still showing as 3-0!9628D33E-CBD5-4566-B3C9-490BE0D8D3B5.jpeg

Sometimes they do if they get a score wrong or if they send in the wrong score for the wrong team (sometimes the case when a Club has more than one team in the league) - the texts can look similar.

These flag up on my system anyway (when there are discrepancies) so I always raise the question if/when unsure of a result. Most of the time, the team will submit their teamsheets with the scorers etc so it's often easy to tell what the actual score was :)

16 minutes ago, Foot Loose 1 said:

Team sheet posted by Goonhavern show 8 goals scored

I don’t think any of us are doubting that it really was 8-1, I’m just at a lost as to why the texts sent in said something different!

On 07/12/2019 at 17:47, paulo bestiniho said:

Gutted after being 1-0 up and looking good in the game but players health come first. 

although he was the official allocated referee very proud of our chairman’s Dan inch’s reactions in immediately helping to get Scott comfortable, and taking the appropriate precautions until medics could arrive. Top work dan proud to have you as the head of our club. 

wish Scott a speedy recovery. Never a nice thing to see. 

what a jk the appointed ref for this big game was the main man at the club for the home side west cornwall.

if he had any sense he would of not let this game be played with the state of the pitch.

i wonder who the ref will be next time hopefully not the chairman for the home side!!!!

smells fishy...........

The opposition were contacted during the week and asked what they could do and we offered dan after not having luck looking for an official one. We had no response at all. 

dan was then later officially appointed to the game as he is a qualified and we still had not had a response. He has reffed us a few times this season and has helped other teams too. 

Also like to point out... we have nothing to do with ref appointments. 

glad dan was appointed tho. The techniques he applied and quick thinking another ref May not have been capable of in dealing with Scott’s injury 

So whilst your nostrils are full of the sent of something fish like maybe the Oder is coming from something else. 

27 minutes ago, footylad202 said:

what a jk the appointed ref for this big game was the main man at the club for the home side west cornwall.

if he had any sense he would of not let this game be played with the state of the pitch.

i wonder who the ref will be next time hopefully not the chairman for the home side!!!!

smells fishy...........

Did anyone from Four Lanes volunteer to ref this game so that the West Cornwall Chairman didn't have to?

As captain on the day for the home side, I think it's worth pointing out that there were no complaints or questions regarding the condition of the pitch, or the referee situation before kick-off at all from either side. Up to the unfortunate injury to Scott it was a fairly contested game between two good sides with mutual respect for each other.

Everyone seemed to leave the ground in agreement that the injury was sadly one of those unfortunate accidents that occur, and that we as players all run the risk of picking up an injury every time we step foot on any pitch. So it's a shame to now see posts on here and Facebook from Four Lanes to the contrary of that.

Would also agree with Bestinho in that I am very proud of the way Dan handled the injury, without him there I'm not sure whether the away side had an equally qualified physio of their own who would have been able to respond as calmly and quickly as he did, not to mention stay with him until the paramedics turned up (something that most of his own teammates didn't seem to bother doing).

Personally don't see any reason for any bad blood between the two sides and very much am looking forward to facing off again later in the season.

Wishing Scott a speedy and full recovery.

5 hours ago, footylad202 said:

smells fishy...........

Probably best that everyone went Christmas shopping rather than a VOLUNTEER took control of the game then! I have been known to have disagreements with referees (they were usually right!) in the past but I would much rather play a game than go into town shopping! 😂 

4 hours ago, Jeff Stelling said:

As captain on the day for the home side, I think it's worth pointing out that there were no complaints or questions regarding the condition of the pitch, or the referee situation before kick-off at all from either side. Up to the unfortunate injury to Scott it was a fairly contested game between two good sides with mutual respect for each other.

Everyone seemed to leave the ground in agreement that the injury was sadly one of those unfortunate accidents that occur, and that we as players all run the risk of picking up an injury every time we step foot on any pitch. So it's a shame to now see posts on here and Facebook from Four Lanes to the contrary of that.

Would also agree with Bestinho in that I am very proud of the way Dan handled the injury, without him there I'm not sure whether the away side had an equally qualified physio of their own who would have been able to respond as calmly and quickly as he did, not to mention stay with him until the paramedics turned up (something that most of his own teammates didn't seem to bother doing).

Personally don't see any reason for any bad blood between the two sides and very much am looking forward to facing off again later in the season.

Wishing Scott a speedy and full recovery.

As a Four Lanes player I would 100% agree that the ref handled the situation very well. It’s never nice to see anyone in that amount of pain let alone your team mate. Big thanks to Dan, and for stepping in to ref too.

Injuries do happen and are unavoidable at times but in hindsight given the amount of potholes this could have been avoided?

However no one was going to say they didn’t want to play given the importance of the game, but everyone (from FL) was aware of the conditions.

I might be wrong here but pretty sure the Sunday cup game due to take place the following day was called off as the pitch was deemed unplayable due to the condition of it.

There was certainly no bad blood towards West Cornwall, only a bit of angst seeing Scott in that way.

Looking forward to seeing you boys on the field again.

On 08/12/2019 at 19:26, Dave Bartlam said:

Four Lanes Reserves 1 - 7 Tregony

Yeah 7-1. Had a few back this week but still a few out. Thanks to fourlanes manager Chris leckie?i should know his name, I played for his Sunday side many years ago! Who stepped in and reffed. He pulled us all in at the start and said pls support me I’ll try my best but I’ve only got my crocks on, so probably won’t be up with play. He did very well! 

Just been speaking to the volunteer that stood in to ref a game last weekend... A guy that has literally been bugging me for weeks for games because he is keen to get on the Referee Course and take up the whistle full time...

He's said after that experience, he isn't considering doing the course and he won't be stepping in as a volunteer again. So not only are we driving qualified refs away with our behaviour, we are now driving away the volunteers.

Come on people, sort it out!

6 hours ago, Dave Bartlam said:

Just been speaking to the volunteer that stood in to ref a game last weekend... A guy that has literally been bugging me for weeks for games because he is keen to get on the Referee Course and take up the whistle full time...

Is he an ex-player Dave?

He is indeed - and a good one at that.

A huge shame because he was extremely keen to get involved with refereeing. I tried to convince him to get on the next course however, I don't think he's interested anymore. So, he's no longer playing and now isn't interested in reffing... Another person has left the game 😕

13 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

That indeed surprises me that he’s an ex-player. One would have thought he would have been aware of the stick that referees may get! 

He's one of these that has stopped playing due to injury - yet wanted to stay involved in the game however, I don't think he realised what he was letting himself in for 😕

1 hour ago, Dave Bartlam said:

I don't think he realised what he was letting himself in for

That amazes me!

Nevertheless, surely one game isn't enough for him to make this decision to not do any more. The more he refs, the more he will feel he can influence the players and everyone will gain match satisfaction.

9 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

That amazes me!

Nevertheless, surely one game isn't enough for him to make this decision to not do any more. The more he refs, the more he will feel he can influence the players and everyone will gain match satisfaction.

That's what I said to him - that being a qualified ref with give him the tools to actually deal with it. But even now, I come off games thinking "why the f**k doni bother"? You could have all the experience in the world and be doing everything 100% right - however if people want to be morons, they will be morons. 

I'm a genuine believer that if teams (including managers) just let referees ref the games, most refs will come off that field having had a good game. People don't understand the aspects of game management from a refs point of view. Did you see the new ref that was in the premier League on Saturday? He made a couple of [perceived] errors and the managers tore into him at the end of the game... Had that have been a player playing his first PL game, the attitude would be "it's his first game, let him get used to the pace" 

1 hour ago, Dave Bartlam said:

That's what I said to him - that being a qualified ref with give him the tools to actually deal with it. But even now, I come off games thinking "why the f**k doni bother"? You could have all the experience in the world and be doing everything 100% right - however if people want to be morons, they will be morons. 

I'm a genuine believer that if teams (including managers) just let referees ref the games, most refs will come off that field having had a good game. People don't understand the aspects of game management from a refs point of view. Did you see the new ref that was in the premier League on Saturday? He made a couple of [perceived] errors and the managers tore into him at the end of the game... Had that have been a player playing his first PL game, the attitude would be "it's his first game, let him get used to the pace" 

Having listened to the abuse that a certain manager gave a certain lino up at Bodmin a couple of weeks back it still amazes me that the top half of the Cornish league has the god given right to abuse refs & linos & I mean call them everything under the sun but they are somewhat told don’t worry if he says this or that but if he says your a C —t then we might be able to act😳. A certain ref would have had a red card out at Trelawny level & rightly so , so there should be a line drawn at all levels with a zero tolerance & that’s it. I’ve certainly been no better over the years but when you hit a certain point in life you do start to appreciate more these men in the middle. 
A work in progress hopefully soon  including myself.