Cornwall Football Forum

Outrageous Breach of Laws at Penlee Park

As readers of CTB's report on the Trelawny League fixture between Penzance Reserves and Perranwell Reserves will be aware, the referee allegedly ended the game at least four minutes early and without any addition of time for substitutions, time-wasting, ball out of play or injury because he "did not think either side would score again".

CTB is a sterling servant and supporter of Penzance AFC, whose 3-0 lead after 86 minutes, if treated as a final score, could change the destiny of the Trelawney League title. It is outrageous that he should sanction such an action and support his club being allowed to take the points. Surely CCFA and the League need to investigate this matter and demand that the match should be replayed over two equal halves as the Laws of the Game require.

Otherwise, in a situation in which so many matches are now being refereed by Club representatives, there is a clear precedent for them, when their team is clinging to a vulnerable lead, to do the same as the hapless individual in charge at Penlee Park !

If this result is allowed to stand, Cornish football will retain no credibility whatsoever.

2 hours ago, isaac rosenberg said:

As readers of CTB's report on the Trelawny League fixture between Penzance Reserves and Perranwell Reserves will be aware, the referee allegedly ended the game at least four minutes early and without any addition of time for substitutions, time-wasting, ball out of play or injury because he "did not think either side would score again".

CTB is a sterling servant and supporter of Penzance AFC, whose 3-0 lead after 86 minutes, if treated as a final score, could change the destiny of the Trelawney League title. It is outrageous that he should sanction such an action and support his club being allowed to take the points. Surely CCFA and the League need to investigate this matter and demand that the match should be replayed over two equal halves as the Laws of the Game require.

Otherwise, in a situation in which so many matches are now being refereed by Club representatives, there is a clear precedent for them, when their team is clinging to a vulnerable lead, to do the same as the hapless individual in charge at Penlee Park !

If this result is allowed to stand, Cornish football will retain no credibility whatsoever.

I am just a supporter having no role within the club, and you are just a trouble maker, plus as stated it was a cup match and my timings were out. 

1 hour ago, cornishteddyboy said:

I am just a supporter having no role within the club, and you are just a trouble maker, plus as stated it was a cup match and my timings were out. 

Yeah, right, CTB. Just a supporter, knowing the exact time of birth of a young player, of the only club that retains representatives on league management committees of leagues it has been relegated from. That was a game against Perranwell too, I seem to remember.

A St Just trouble maker, maybe. But JUST a troublemaker ? Show some respect ! To mix metaphors, while skeletons are rattling in your online closet, don't throw stones. .