Cornwall Football Forum

Hello Everyone

Hi all, joined earlier today, been scrolling through some really interesting posts on here. It's my first year following Cornish football although I have lived here for 15 years or so. Circumstances now allow me time to follow the sport I have loved for over 60 years, My first love is QPR, my first game was 29th Dec 1956, I still go up for a few games each year.  My Cornish team is Wadebridge Town and I have seen most home games this year. I am thoroughly enjoying it although results could have been better. Seeing proper football is like a breath of fresh air, I wish i could have been going a lot earlier, but I am here now and glad I am, 

21 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Welcome Jaf, enjoy yourself.

Are you sure you dont want to be a Tottenham fan?

C'mon, QPR really!

Lay off him Older, what's wrong with supporting the R's? Always put them and Leyton Orient in the same bracket , both London clubs that nobody dislikes.

Welcome to the family Jaf ( just as in all families, we have quarrelling brothers, strange cousins and the eccentric uncles who embarrass themselves at weddings).

Does any QPR fan reading this remember a Football Combination game in the 1960s , played in midweek, which finished Bournemouth & Boscombe Reserves 10 - 1 QPR Reserves? I do! In those days I actually preferred watching the reserves. The crowds for the Football Combination were easily as good as today's crowds in EFL league 2.

1 hour ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

How many did Spurs win by? 

FA CUP 0-0 replay at WHL can't quite remember the score LOL, Seriously Spurs won 3-1, was at both games

2 hours ago, deancourt said:

Does any QPR fan reading this remember a Football Combination game in the 1960s , played in midweek, which finished Bournemouth & Boscombe Reserves 10 - 1 QPR Reserves? I do! In those days I actually preferred watching the reserves. The crowds for the Football Combination were easily as good as today's crowds in EFL league 2.

Personally can't recall it, Used to watch reserve Home games so assume it was at Dean Court, Have posted on a couple of QPR websites to see if any one recalls it, will come back to you if any luck

On 28/11/2019 at 11:32, Keith B said:

I remember Rodney Marsh - what a striker !

Welcome to the web site Just a fan. The banter is good and there's lots of interesting info etc., I recommend the Cornish Soccer Magazine too - a good read. If interested contact Dave Deacon.

Rod was one of my first heroes, R's picked him up for 15k from Fulham. They thought he was finished as he had an ear problem that affected his balance, how wrong they were. Have contacted Dave re Mag, 

5 hours ago, deancourt said:

Dec 1961 at Bournemouth Att 1597 QPR scorer was Mike Bottoms, that's the only info I can find

2 hours ago, Keith B said:

I remember watching Jimmy Hill playing at No 9 for Fulham. A fantastic and classic header of the ball coming over from a corner. Scored many a goal from crosses. Must have been early 1960's (?).

Johnny Haynes would have been there too, first £100 per week footballer