Cornwall Football Forum

Blackfield v Truro

They say revenge is sweet and it certainly was today for the White Tigers who turned in a five star performance and dominated the game from start to finish. Two goals from leading scorer Tyler Harvey was enough to ensure City returned home with three points that keeps them well up there in the promotion hunt, the only surprising thing was that Truro only scored the two goals. Another penalty today which makes thirty five penalties taken in four days, oh and a clean sheet especially for Somersetspur, time to celebrate with a nice pint, think proper job will fit the bill.

Ray. What’s the difference in standard between the league above and this one?

The jump between South/North and the National Conference I presume is pretty big due to some clubs being full time and all that?

Do you think the current level where Truro are at is something that they can sustain, both on ability and budget??

Hi Darren good question, I personally think that Truro have found there playing  level at present with a team quite capable of gaining promotion to the National League South which is there aim this season. This is where you start noticing the difference with playing standards and teams on much higher budgets and a lot of ex pro's on there books. Then of course the jump up to the National League (the old Conference) being a different kettle of fish altogether with many of the teams being full time professional as you have pointed out. Where do Truro stand in all this, well as we all  know the Pirates are an ambitious organization with the S4C being the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, it is obvious they are backing Truro City to gain promotion this season  but as from there I am unsure, they are definitely unable to support a serious challenge on the figures from home game attendances as you well know but I feel it's the same with the rugby as well. Be interesting to see what others think including your good self. 

16 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Truro being used for the pot of gold that is the stadium.

Funding rapidly withdrawn if the white elephant is ever built. 

Sorry.

How do you know that the funding is being rapidly withdrawn, do you know something I don't? There are definitely no restrictions on the funding of our football team. As for the S4C it's pretty obvious that nothing is going to happen while this Brexit thing thing is going on. Incidentally you have always made your opinions clear on the S4C. The initial question was regarding the standards of football  between the different leagues which I have tried to explain and also where I think Truro City stand in all this. There are a lot of wealthy people in this world and if any of them would like to invest it in Cornwall's premier football club please feel free. 

Keep the faith.

2 hours ago, Goldeneye said:

I heard that Older had applied to be the head chef at the S4C!!

Now you're talking, my cooking would fill the place!

As for funding. My take on the present situation is as stated, TCFC fill a void in the present financial plan, if the S4C is built they would be a drain on resources from what I see, so the present level of support from the Pirates would soon be gone.

If TCFC are self sufficient I would be amazed  and an apology forthcoming?