Cornwall Football Forum

clubs punching above their weight

I was wondering which clubs through the various leagues people consider to be punching most above their weight. I don't mean teams that are having success due to any individual's money, but teams that are doing well just through having a good committee and management. Any suggestions?

Millbrook AFC have a super chairman and a small band of loyal supporters who are keeping this club going. The players are getting no expenses and play as a team are definitely doing well in a new league this season but in the last three seasons under a great manager in Macca Brown. They are punching above most bigger teams 

I think Redruth United are doing an incredible job, all our players pay to play and we have a hard working committee moving the club forward. We have a young manager who has had to rebuild a squad 3 times and although we are near the bottom of St. Pirans league we are playing good football and bringing on a very good group of young players for a better future.

6 hours ago, Postman Pat said:

I think Redruth United are doing an incredible job, all our players pay to play and we have a hard working committee moving the club forward. We have a young manager who has had to rebuild a squad 3 times and although we are near the bottom of St. Pirans league we are playing good football and bringing on a very good group of young players for a better future.

I agree. Redruth should, according to population, have a top football side,. As should Camborne. But it'll always be a struggle against the rugby.. 

• 2 weeks later...