Torrington   0-5  Newton Abbot Spurs

KITCHEN KIT PENINSULA LEAGUE WEST

Liskeard Athletic   0-1  St Blazey

WALTER C PARSON LEAGUE CUP,  

2nd Rd

Elmore   4-1  Camelford

St Austell   2-4   Bovey Tracey

3rd Rd

Brixham   3-3   Mousehole (aet, Mousehole win 5-3 on pens)

RGB CORNWALL SENIOR CUP, THIRD ROUND

Callington Town  1-0  Wendron United

Falmouth Town   3-2    Helston Athletic

Millbrook   2-2  Newquay (aet, Millbrook win 3-2 on pens)

Porthleven   1-3    Wadebridge Town

Torpoint Athletic   1-0   Bodmin Town

Elmore 4-1 Camelford

i couldn’t make this game, but from my regular updates. Camelford travelled with a very ‘light’ team and Elmore came out flying being 2-0 up after 13 minutes. Camels were back in the game on 24 minutes from Kian but gave away an og just before half time. Second half saw Camels press, but as happens in cup ties got caught at the end making it 4-1. Well done Elmore and good luck next round. 

I took in

St Austell 2-4 Bovey Tracey. 
Scoreline really flattered St Austell who were outplayed across the park and going 0-4 up with ease. St Austell had a rousing last 15, spurred on by Giler to score two, but in fairness Bovey had completely switched off and were joking amongst themselves. Felt really sorry for the lad  Dingle in midfield - he ran all game but was ‘supported’ by a big 6’3 lad who can’t tackle or head (fantastic left foot though) and a third midfielder who just looked like he didn’t want to be there.  Comfortable win for Bovey who, IMO look possible cup contenders. 

Cornwall Senior Cup

3rd Round 

Torpoint Athletic 1-0 Bodmin Town

Att: 105

Scorer & MOM: Curtis Damerell 

A very close game which ended with 10 men a piece after hand bags on the 68th minute.

Curtis Damerell 20 minute goal from 25 yards was a beauty!

What I will say, well done to Nick Giles (Bodmin Town) and Ian Stephens (Torpoint Athletic) for being the two linesman. It’s a poor show from the CCFA that there was no appointed referee assistants at third round level, especially with two senior teams in Cornwall!!! Come CCFA sort your life out!!!!

1 hour ago, Bobjfh said:

Elmore 4-1 Camelford

i couldn’t make this game, but from my regular updates. Camelford travelled with a very ‘light’ team and Elmore came out flying being 2-0 up after 13 minutes. Camels were back in the game on 24 minutes from Kian but gave away an og just before half time. Second half saw Camels press, but as happens in cup ties got caught at the end making it 4-1. Well done Elmore and good luck next round. 

I took in

St Austell 2-4 Bovey Tracey. 
Scoreline really flattered St Austell who were outplayed across the park and going 0-4 up with ease. St Austell had a rousing last 15, spurred on by Giler to score two, but in fairness Bovey had completely switched off and were joking amongst themselves. Felt really sorry for the lad  Dingle in midfield - he ran all game but was ‘supported’ by a big 6’3 lad who can’t tackle or head (fantastic left foot though) and a third midfielder who just looked like he didn’t want to be there.  Comfortable win for Bovey who, IMO look possible cup contenders. 

Whatever your opinions on the way the game unfolded one aspect stood out,  at  Poltair this afternoon we were treated to a Refereeing masterclass from Simon Long, supported by two excellent linesmen.

5 minutes ago, David Bray said:

Whatever your opinions on the way the game unfolded one aspect stood out,  at  Poltair this afternoon we were treated to a Refereeing masterclass from Simon Long, supported by two excellent linesmen.

Makes a change!

44 minutes ago, The Windmill On The Shirt said:

Cornwall Senior Cup

3rd Round 

Torpoint Athletic 1-0 Bodmin Town

Att: 105

Scorer & MOM: Curtis Damerell 

A very close game which ended with 10 men a piece after hand bags on the 68th minute.

Curtis Damerell 20 minute goal from 25 yards was a beauty!

What I will say, well done to Nick Giles (Bodmin Town) and Ian Stephens (Torpoint Athletic) for being the two linesman. It’s a poor show from the CCFA that there was no appointed referee assistants at third round level, especially with two senior teams in Cornwall!!! Come CCFA sort your life out!!!!

They will never do that!

23 minutes ago, David Bray said:

I should have added that - the Ref was outstanding (as were his linemen)

18 minutes ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

So you want 22+ players x 2 to be cancelled to provide 2 linesman for 1 game? The whole country is hemorrhaging officials and the lower leagues such as Duchy, Combo and P&D are having games without referees every week already. Get yourself on a course if you want to be so obtuse!

To be fair, If was an official, no one would like me as I was be Card happy and be very strict.

As the great Brian Clough said we can talk about this for 20 minutes and decide I’m right and move on!

14 hours ago, The Windmill On The Shirt said:

It’s the biggest cup in Cornwall, they should cancel lower league matches to get the officials

Lower league sides also pay for referee appointments. So in turn deserve the same. Maybe if clubs stop abusing referees there would be more willingness to take up the whistle. 

10 hours ago, The Windmill On The Shirt said:

To be fair, If was an official, no one would like me as I was be Card happy and be very strict.

As the great Brian Clough said we can talk about this for 20 minutes and decide I’m right and move on!

I hear this all the time so stop complaining and be pro-active or is it a case of u get scared when players shout at you, yet you will doit yourself. Take it up for a season help the shortage. 

Great battle at Jenkins Park Millbrook with a makeshift defence managed to win the match on Penalties due to man of the match Chris Waring in goal who was on top form saving 3 penalties. Even the Gaffa got on the score sheet and helped get Millbrook over the line. Also want to say how quick the emergency services were to help the Newquay player and well done to all those who assisted keeping the player warm and comfortable while waiting. A very tough game for Millbrook far from thier best 

Couldn't the CCFA encourage games to be played  midweek (floodlights permitting) and not insist on a set Saturday .

The Devon F A have a similar competition The St.Lukes Bowl  which involves all the professional and Senior clubs of the County and always mutually arrange midweek ties.

The SWPL  WCP Cup is also very flexible for midweek fixtures using a full compliment of appointed officials

37 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Terrible scenes at Liskeard yesterday. Women & children frightened at what was going to happen, one father took his young son out of the ground, vowing never ever to return again. A little harsh, & unfair on Liskeard, as it was a supporter of the visiting team who caused the fracas . 

Terrible scenes blazey won lol

1 hour ago, leedsunited said:

Terrible scenes at Liskeard yesterday. Women & children frightened at what was going to happen, one father took his young son out of the ground, vowing never ever to return again. A little harsh, & unfair on Liskeard, as it was a supporter of the visiting team who caused the fracas . 

Terrible scenes at every Bodmin match. Very few people return as can been seen by the amount of local fans that go to priory.

4 hours ago, leedsunited said:

In my experience, young children seeing this would talk about very little else for days and demand to go again next week.😣

(I'm not condoning it though).

Have to feel for the young St.Blazey player, going to get teased every week about 'Daddy' having to fight his battles .. poor kid. Supporter assaulting a player is not very good for football, luckily ( the last time was at St.Austell ) many moons ago, I would imagine Mr.Richards at St.Blazey will be a very busy man in the upcoming days . Possibly fortunately not many of the old guard left .. heads would of rolled then for sure 

4 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Have to feel for the young St.Blazey player, going to get teased every week about 'Daddy' having to fight his battles .. poor kid. Supporter assaulting a player is not very good for football, luckily ( the last time was at St.Austell ) many moons ago, I would imagine Mr.Richards at St.Blazey will be a very busy man in the upcoming days . Possibly fortunately not many of the old guard left .. heads would of rolled then for sure 

Manager insulting officials weekly isn't very good for football either 🤣