Cornwall Football Forum

Premiership

fenman

As it's wet and windy up here , a new debate .

Does anyone think that this could be the best season yet for the Premiership , in terms of teams being equal ?.. My own view is that with the demise of Manchester United , Arsenal and Tottenham and the fact that Chelsea have a young team lacking prima donnas  2 possibly 3 teams may be unlucky to be relegated . By that I mean that they won't stranded way adrift of the 4th from bottom placed club .. I think that the relegation battle could go to the last game . Liverpool will probably win the title  , but could come unstuck yet through injuries and suspensions , and they don't look totally waterproof at the back at times .. The battle for European places could also be interesting with Leicester , Sheffield United , Wolves , Chelsea , Man City possibly Bournemouth all vying for a top 6 spot . I haven't seen a really poor  team in any game that I've watched so far , even Watford don't seem really a bottom of the league side . Norwich will probably go down , they've got some talented youngsters but lack any experienced international standard players to guide them on the pitch . Also they are debt free and refuse to spend fortunes on players , which you can't blame them for from a business sense . Then you throw in teams like Crystal Palace , Everton , Newcastle perhaps ,Aston Villa on their day , they're all capable of beating the so called top 6 .