Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rayvon

Blackfield and Langley v Truro City

Recommended Posts

As this game was so well reported on by the Anti City brigade on Tuesday night I thought it was worth opening a thread for the replay. It's strange City can play 10 games without defeat and no one says a word, one bad game and a small crowd and back they come in force. Anyway on to tomorrow's game can Truro play that badly again I hope not but we shall have to wait and see. Interesting to note that Ed Palmer has returned to the fold from Taunton Town, we have been missing a dead ball specialist all season so let's hope it's a Happy return. :goal:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Rayvon said:

As this game was so well reported on by the Anti City brigade on Tuesday night I thought it was worth opening a thread for the replay. It's strange City can play 10 games without defeat and no one says a word, one bad game and a small crowd and back they come in force. Anyway on to tomorrow's game can Truro play that badly again I hope not but we shall have to wait and see. Interesting to note that Ed Palmer has returned to the fold from Taunton Town, we have been missing a dead ball specialist all season so let's hope it's a Happy return. :goal:

It was a poor game for sure, change back to red and black...you'll play better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

It was a poor game for sure, change back to red and black...you'll play better.

Not so sure under floodlights Older imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

57! Which is pretty ridiculous really!

The villages of Blackfield and Langley are very close to Southampton, so I expect attendance was affected by the home match against Everton yesterday and the awful weather lately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rayvon said:

Nearly as bad as Bodmin.

Not sure what Bodmin's attendances have to do with a club three levels higher!

Nevertheless it looks as if they're certainly not interested in the FA Trophy (irrespective of weather and clubs around them) as at least their league figure is slightly better - this season in the Southern League - lowest 63, highest 155 with an average of 109 which is actually up +7.92% on last season!

Still ridiculous!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just getting in before our friend from Bodmin beats me to it Dave, he is obsessed with City's attendances as you well know. 

According to Paul Wotton this was a distraction game in a competition that Truro were never going to progress in. With five players out City were able to rotate there squad which obviously did not work although the performance was an improvement from Tuesday night's. I do do believe we play them in the league again in a couple of weeks time, should show a better indication of the difference between the two teams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Not sure what Bodmin's attendances have to do with a club three levels higher!

Nevertheless it looks as if they're certainly not interested in the FA Trophy (irrespective of weather and clubs around them) as at least their league figure is slightly better - this season in the Southern League - lowest 63, highest 155 with an average of 109 which is actually up +7.92% on last season!

Still ridiculous!

It's not so ridiculous if you consider the demographics of the area!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

There you go Rayvon - perhaps we should apply the same reason for Bodmin’s disappointing attendances. We need to consider the demographics of the county. 

Glad you agree Dave, although I was suggesting comparing the demographics of towns and villages not counties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...