CORNWALL JUNIOR CUP - Saturday 9 November 2019

CORNWALL JUNIOR CUP, SPONSORED BY BOND TIMBER

2ND ROUND

EAST

Stoke Climsland   0-6           Altarnon            

Queens Rangers   P-P           Lostwithiel           

St Columb Major  6-0              Foxhole Stars Reserves

Mevagissey           v              North Hill

North Petherwin Reserves               P-P             St Newlyn East            

Gunnislake           5-1      St Stephen Reserves

Tregrehan Mills    2-1            Nanpean Rovers  

Biscovey                2-6           Tintagel           

Calstock                 2-5           Kilkhampton

WEST

Illogan RBL Reserves           11-1          Newlyn Lions

Chacewater           2-1             Praze-An-Beeble (Since posting, this game has been switched back to PRAZE)

Gwinear Church Town        1-2            Threemilestone

Newlyn Non-Athletico        4-9            New Inn Titans        (Switched)

Mullion Reserves                 0-3            Frogpool & Cusgarne

Perranwell Reserves           P-P            St Agnes 3rds

Probus                   2-1            St Erme

Wendron United 4ths         3-3         St Ives Town Reserves  (3-3 after 90 mins, Wendron win 4-2 on pens)

Constantine          P-P              Stithians

Ludgvan Reserves              P-P            Goonhavern Athletic

Junior Cup changes so far 

Perranwell Res v St Agnes 3rds ....neither pitch playable !

Constantine pitch unfit ...now checking at Stithians 

Newlyn N A  pitch unfit ....being reversed to New Inn Titans ground 

( New Inn Res v Storm switched to Storm ground  )

Chacewater pitch unfit ....reversed to Praze 

( St Ives Mariners v Mawnan Res now postponed )

Ludgvan pitch unfit game off v Goonhavern 

St Columb Major 6 Foxhole 0

A very convincing victory for St Columb against a team 2 divisions above and top of that division. The Major played some attractive football, considering the weather. The pitch held up quite well

Foxhole has their chances, but for some fine goalkeeping. If it was not for some fine saves and the woodwork, The Major could have reached double figures. 

Overall, it was a comfort victory. Good luck in the next round. Fingers cross I get to see it. 

8 hours ago, zebedee said:

Junior Cup changes so far 

Perranwell Res v St Agnes 3rds ....neither pitch playable !

Constantine pitch unfit ...now checking at Stithians 

Newlyn N A  pitch unfit ....being reversed to New Inn Titans ground 

( New Inn Res v Storm switched to Storm ground  )

Chacewater pitch unfit ....reversed to Praze 

( St Ives Mariners v Mawnan Res now postponed )

Ludgvan pitch unfit game off v Goonhavern 

Well done to all involved in the switches to ensure games were played 👌

5 hours ago, Samd said:

Only one pitch marked with goal posts ready to go.

Game switched to Tintagel, pitch in excellent condition,just very blustery. Biscovey gave a good account of themselves going in at half time 2-2,but Tintagel used wind advantage in the second half to run out winners 6-2.

Praze 1-2 chacewater

The game could have gone either way today. Not a lot between the two sides but have to disagree with the refereeing, he missed a few today and as for the chacewater penalty, he was way off the mark. 

I will however give credit to chacewater and in particular Mark Bell, he did not stop in giving the praze defence a hard time. Good player, well taken penalty and great determination to nick the goal in the last minute.

Good luck in the next round boys

9 minutes ago, zebedee said:

Anybody know these results ?

Mullion v Frogpool

Probus v St Erme 

Probus 2 St Erme 1

We opened the scoring after about 20 minutes with a penalty after the keeper took down our centre forward. The second goal came direct from a corner in the strong wind. We had chances to extend the lead in the first half and in the second but we failed to take them. St Erme pulled a goal back with 15 minutes left with a volleyed finish from 2 yards after a good cross. They pushed for the equaliser but we held out. Our first win for a while!

It wasn't a bad game in difficult conditions under foot and with the strong wind - thanks to Graham Smith our groundsman who worked hard all day yesterday to get the game on. Well done to St Erme and good luck for the season - decent lads. Thanks to referee Jack Rosenfelt. Home against Lanner for us next week. 

30 minutes ago, ArseneWanger said:

Praze 1-2 chacewater

The game could have gone either way today. Not a lot between the two sides but have to disagree with the refereeing, he missed a few today and as for the chacewater penalty, he was way off the mark. 

I will however give credit to chacewater and in particular Mark Bell, he did not stop in giving the praze defence a hard time. Good player, well taken penalty and great determination to nick the goal in the last minute.

Good luck in the next round boys

Thanks Adam and thanks for the grub at the pub.

We,as are you i suspect,are just glad to get this fixture out of the way,having been postponed twice and today switched to Nancegollan with the Chacewater pitch unfit.

Chacewater squad a fair bit short today but we mustered twelve so all good.Praze without Fordy too so i'm sure he was missed.

Away to Duchy Premier side Tregrehan Mills in the next round on Saturday week so will be nice to play a team from outside the Trelawny League.

3 hours ago, zebedee said:

New Inn Titans 9 - 4 Newlyn N A 

Went in goal today, at a wet, windy and cold Illogan Park. Brrrrr. Most of the first half was played behind me. Nuff said. 6-1 HT. Second half, much more even, 3-3. Some good goal, some howlers (holds hand up). Well done NITs. Nice grub at the pub. Many thanks and good luck next round.

43 minutes ago, Soccer Follower said:

Thanks Adam and thanks for the grub at the pub.

We,as are you i suspect,are just glad to get this fixture out of the way,having been postponed twice and today switched to Nancegollan with the Chacewater pitch unfit.

Chacewater squad a fair bit short today but we mustered twelve so all good.Praze without Fordy too so i'm sure he was missed.

Away to Duchy Premier side Tregrehan Mills in the next round on Saturday week so will be nice to play a team from outside the Trelawny League.

No problem nige, we too having a few out (fordy, Alex zam (last seasons top scorer) lythy, Karl to name a few. 

Game was played in good spirits, even though things didn’t go our way.

Good luck, they’re doing well in duchy prem at the moment so it should be a tough test! 

Gwinear 1, Threemilestone 2.

Missed the first twenty minutes or so, but 0-0 when I arrived and judging by the quality of what I saw I didn't miss much! The small pitch never allows a team to play much football. Instead lots of over hit passes pinball in the middle of the park and ball out of play more than in. Add to that the occasional heavy shower, strong wind and heavy pitch and it was never going to be a classic.

Was 0-0 at half time. Tms had to replace their keeper at half time due to a back injury when slipping taking a goal kick, Martyn Jay taking the gloves for the 2nd half.

2nd half much the same as the first apart from Gwinear scoring very early on after Tom wilcock slipped and the little lad out on the right put the ball across Jay and into the bottom corner. Tms equalised about 10 minutes later, Joel Snape making the most of some hesitant defending to score the equaliser from 18 yards. 

Same pattern continued throught the 2nd half, some chances at either end but poor finishing meant extra time looked likely until in the 89th minute when Sam Vage, usually a centre back who had come off bench to play left side of midfield drove in field 10 yards and then pinged a shot right into the bottom right hand corner from 25 yards to win the game. 

On a better pitch this could of been a good game but at least it was one of the few that did manage to get played today.

Att 10. 

Junior cup heartache 😭😭
Gwin 1-2 TMS. 
A last minute wonder goal was the difference today. Thought we deserved to go through or at least ET. Defended well against the win and broke well, out decision making in the final third has cost us. 

Very bitter pill to swallow. Move onto next week, at home to Illogan if the pitch repairs 🙈 was a swamp by the end. 

Well done to TMS, and good luck in the next round. 

Goal scorer was Josh Bevis and he also won man of the match. 

Mullion 0 - 3 Frogpool First

I went down to watch this game today. On getting to the ground, it looked like it hadn't rained at all! I walked through the door and Booooom, the heavens opened! Then they closed... Then they opened... That was pretty much the way it went throughout the game! It got very cold and very wet... Then just very cold (wind chill brrrr🥶)… Then very cold and very wet etc.

On walking into Mullions Club House, I was greeted by their Assistant manager who offered me a cup of tea (thinking I was the opposition Manager). I thought that was a really nice touch! I was also offered a cup of tea after the game aswell! Really nice hospitality so thank you to Mullion FC for that.

Onto the game itself... The conditions were harsh. A sharp wind blew in from the coast and across the pitch which meant the majority of play was on the top side of the field running parallel to the car park. Both teams tried to play football but it was difficult in the conditions. A lot of throw ins and corners/goal kicks which were heavily influenced by the wind.

Frogpool played the better football throughout the majority of the game; they were just a little better than their opposition today. It must be said that I though Mullions goalkeeper (Mike) made some pretty decent saves this afternoon - he kept the score respectable. 

The man in the middle, Adam Batchelor had a quiet game. Both teams just wanted to play football and made his job very easy by adopting the right attitude. The few free kicks that were awarded were correct from where I was standing (nicely sheltered in the stand) - along with a disallowing of a Frogpool goal for offside. He maintained control throughout the game and was clearly respected by both sides.

Well done to all involved.

Goals for frogpool coming in the 21st, 24th and 62nd minutes.

Throw ins: H32 A23
Goal kicks: H19 A7
Corners: H3 A11
Free kicks for foul tackles: H4 A6
Subs: H7 A2