Wadebridge Town Reserves              P-P            Millbrook Reserves

ST PIRAN LEAGUE WEST

Helston Athletic Reserves                 5-0           Perranwell

Mousehole Reserves         3-1             Redruth United

St Agnes               1-1           Ludgvan

Wendron United Reserves                P-P             Falmouth Town Reserves

KERNOW STONE LEAGUE CUP

Morwenstow       P-P     Liskeard Athletic Reserves

Great pictures. Do you mind if we use the pictures for our programme?

If you had stepped foot on it then you’d know it wasn’t playable, as was your pitch which was also called off today. You can tell from the photo that the pitch is sodden. 
Next time you come up, would you mind refraining from swearing at someone with their son who has nothing to do with it. 

1 hour ago, WendronOfficial said:

Great pictures. Do you mind if we use the pictures for our programme?

If you had stepped foot on it then you’d know it wasn’t playable, as was your pitch which was also called off today. You can tell from the photo that the pitch is sodden. 
Next time you come up, would you mind refraining from swearing at someone with their son who has nothing to do with it. 

Wasn’t me who went up, photo was posted in our groupchat. i’ll pass on the message 

2 hours ago, Andys said:

Helston Half SWPL 5 v Perranwell 0 - no more needs to be said, but felt sorry for Helston Reserves lads who were sacrificed for vanity. Match excellently refereed by Kevin Knowles

Surely if Helston have breached rules and played 50% of their SWPL team they will be deducted the points and receive a fine.

Don't the rules state no more than 3 players who have played in last 21 days ?

Unfortunately when first team players need game time, the Reserves are the team that they naturally play in. One of them hasn’t started a game all season so hardly ‘50%’. It’s tough on the regulars undoubtedly but as long as the decision is explained properly then no problem.

On ‎09‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 21:16, Themanhimself said:

Tired are ya dobbie hahah all down to personal opinions buddy and I just didn't agree with bringing in 5 1st team lads. 3 ex Bideford lads 

People complain about players only travelling from Devon for the money etc etc and then when they play for the club, they are in the wrong again - cannot win eh? Of course, no other club has ever "loaded" a reserve side have they????

10 hours ago, le boss said:

People complain about players only travelling from Devon for the money etc etc and then when they play for the club, they are in the wrong again - cannot win eh? Of course, no other club has ever "loaded" a reserve side have they????

Correct, but what should have been a competitive game between 2 teams scrapping for points was over as soon as the team-sheet was submitted! I understand fielding 1 or 2 players for fitness, but come on.. 

12 hours ago, le boss said:

People complain about players only travelling from Devon for the money etc etc and then when they play for the club, they are in the wrong again - cannot win eh?

Could it be perhaps that they receive some sort of weekly remuneration/incentive anyway irrespective of games being on or off and therefore Helston felt it only right to get something back from their generosity?

8 hours ago, yeww said:

Correct, but what should have been a competitive game between 2 teams scrapping for points was over as soon as the team-sheet was submitted! I understand fielding 1 or 2 players for fitness, but come on.. 

If a team are defeated because of the submission of a team sheet before they start then surely it does not say much about their character. I know Perranwell teams of old would have used that as motivation and would did all they could to put one over on lauded opponents.

5 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Yup, I would think that is the case, paying them so use them.

Is that not good business sense?

It’s a strange one because I agree with all the posts about Helston fielding first team players - it’s frustrating but it’s in the rules and down to fist team managers to decide if they want to play (and presumably pay) their higher ranked players in Reserve sides. It happened last year in the Prem with Argyle - one week 6 or 7 full time pros the next a squad of 17 year olds. It should motivate teams to play better but does make a bit of a mockery of league positions. The flip side is when some teams play reserve players for the first side (like St Austell in last weeks Senior Cup, Mullion didn’t complain). Postman Pat summed it up best -‘ suck it up and get on with it’.

4 hours ago, le boss said:

If a team are defeated because of the submission of a team sheet before they start then surely it does not say much about their character. I know Perranwell teams of old would have used that as motivation and would did all they could to put one over on lauded opponents.

Is that not good business sense?

Most would probably do the same. 

Lauded? Not yet surely, win a few things first. 

15 hours ago, yeww said:

Same old tricks as always. Seen in days of the past pen prem playing for Helston 3rds in div 6. I believe it was against marazion blues yet failed to win the league.

Surely playing for any team within one club is far better than a player signing and playing for numerous different clubs simply because their normal team doesn't have a game - in most cases at the expense of players who normally play for that club. Have no issue with players playing across teams within one club but surely its time 'multiple club' signings were stopped....

1 hour ago, St George said:

Surely playing for any team within one club is far better than a player signing and playing for numerous different clubs simply because their normal team doesn't have a game - in most cases at the expense of players who normally play for that club. Have no issue with players playing across teams within one club but surely its time 'multiple club' signings were stopped....

Absolutely....one Club registration  .. and it wont stop players playing for other clubs at other levels if they want as the current transfer rules allow for this anyway...but it will at least need a proper transfer to be completed within the system.....and there are then controls within that system which would limit the cavalier use of players jumping across Clubs and levels on a daily basis which is one of the biggest complaints we see locally.....

On 11/11/2019 at 07:39, yeww said:

It don't happen at Mousehole we don't get any players dropping down from the first team.

On 11/11/2019 at 09:33, Dave Deacon said:

Could it be perhaps that they receive some sort of weekly remuneration/incentive anyway irrespective of games being on or off and therefore Helston felt it only right to get something back from their generosity?

Correct Dave, the players in question are paid weekly, so irrespective of what league they are asked to play in they have to go by what the club instructs. 

Now possibly a step forward might be the guys who missed out on the weekend might all be 'busy' for the next fixture which will then leave Helston in a pickle with to which players then attend what games on that given weekend ... 

5 hours ago, John Mead said:

As long as a team complies with League Rules, they are perfectly entitled to select players as they see fit.

Agreed. It’s just part and parcel of football. Happens from the highest level down to the lowest. I’m sure Andre Gomes will need a few games with the Reserves on his road to recovery and you won’t hear the managers of the teams he plays against, nor the Reserves player he is replacing moaning about it. Whether the reason is for player rehabilitation, game time/fitness or for improving teams chances of winning a game, it happens. The rules allow for it and as long as they’re not breached, get on with it!

5 hours ago, Postman Pat said:

Nothing what so ever to do with Helston myself, but these players are playing for their club.Was at training with our club last night and afterwards first team players were asking to play for the development  team because our firsts do not have a game.It goes on all the time. 

Development team....is that your 2nd team with a super cool name?