Cornwall Football Forum

We offer a warm welcome to Helston. A very warm welcome!!!

Looking forward to defending our Cornwall Senior Cup this coming Saturday against Helston FC at Bickland Park. Its going to be a tough game, Helston are a cracking outfit, that, there is no doubt. Buoyed by our magical win over Longlevans last Saturday in the FA Vase, the lads are buzzing and up for it. I am sure we will provide Helston with a warm welcome, very warm :) Lets get it on...….. BOOM. UTT !!!! 

cornwall senior cup 2019.PNG

2 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

I'll be surprised if you play after the damage to the pitch after your last game!

Roller stuck out in the middle of the pitch I'm told!

Silly rollering the ground when so wet , will only cause compactation and the drainage will be even worse.

1 hour ago, BIG AL said:

Silly rollering the ground when so wet , will only cause compactation and the drainage will be even worse.

A bit of sense there Al, but when needs must you don't always have a choice.

Certainly with the damage from the vase game rolling would be the only solution, but when to roll and what weight to use is a fine line.

When I use a heavier roller I would always run a slitter behind it.

12 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

A bit of sense there Al, but when needs must you don't always have a choice.

Certainly with the damage from the vase game rolling would be the only solution, but when to roll and what weight to use is a fine line.

When I use a heavier roller I would always run a slitter behind it.

Yes there was always this discussion when I use to look after the grass tennis courts. The know all’s in the club would keep demanding that the base line areas needed rollering and when I did and they collected water, I was to blame.

Haha me and Dodger were just coming back from knocks I think Leeds! Never minded Hoops borrowing my shirt mate, you could see he was a great young player only getting better and stronger every game. Turned out alright didn’t he!! 👍😀 Think Trev let me have half hour and I scored a couple so I was happy! Trev didn’t get much wrong did he! 👍️ Think Hoops played wide right that day with Sammy and Ticks up front! Decent centre forward for a centre half Eric!! Brilliant bunch of boys 👌🏆🏆