Cornwall Football Forum

Club linesman for Senior Cup this season!

18 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

I’m rather hoping all our SWPL clubs are aware of this but I’ve just been in a discussion with a “concerned club” who thought it best I post the following reminder:-

Each club has to use a club linesman In this season’s Cornwall Senior Cup, until the quarter final stage.

Why, is the Cornwall fa not capable of doing so?

2 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

Are the kick off times at 2pm or can clubs mutually agree to the traditional 3pm ko as long as they have floodlights.

I see no reason for a 2pm ok, the traditional 3pm always was the norm. Perhaps the fa officials li’e an early bedtime!

20 minutes ago, mattelot said:

Especially if it's a Bodmin committee  member .

Hat's off to him that night what a saviour stepping in so the game could continue ... Gilby had to buy him a new pair of pumps as his plimsolls got ruined in that mud at Falmouth ... 😉

Gilby was furious having to part with £7.99 to replace them 

On 06/11/2019 at 20:24, BIG AL said:

I see no reason for a 2pm ok, the traditional 3pm always was the norm. Perhaps the fa officials li’e an early bedtime!

There has to be a result on the day and as alot of the senior side, in the early rounds do not have lights, then an early kick off is scheduled to allow for extra time and penalties. Also been the case for several years that assistants not appointed unless both side were SWPL as there is a cost implication to smaller clubs as well as the shortage of officials.

As to changing kick off time I understand this is permissible providing both sides agree and the County are advised.