Cornwall Football Forum

Won't be long til Duchy/Trelawny become an indoor league. What a miserable start to the season eh!

2 hours ago, Roche Raider said:

Oh dear! where is that may I ask?

Penryn buddy, tried cutting but the ends were chopping up and down came the rain again!

There's a song there somewhere..lol

What is it now 40 odd days with rain at sometime during each day.

Going to change my name to Noah and build a boat methinks. 

10 hours ago, Ieuan Gregory said:

managed to cut pitch at Hayle today,not ideal but was starting to look like a hay field. As you said last week Older difference is between north and south coast

There certainly is a difference between the coasts, I've watched it for years, South coast always seems to get more rain or it clears from the north coast a few hours before here.

Cancellations are the clue, it clears from down west a few hours before here and they get their games on whilst it can still be raining here, the north coast the same it seems.  Obviously with our weather predominantly coming in of the Atlantic we are last to see the weather clear.

The pattern of cancellations is the clue, I've seen the whole south coast off while the north coast all play, cant beat the weather as they say and its  certainly been wet here, and with the temperatures still around the 10 degrees mark the grass has hardly slowed yet, ground temperature here is still at 9 degrees in November! 

Forecast says 2 days of heavy - ish rain...I despair!