Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League Fixtures

In the midst of all the cancellations due to the weather, and all the vaguaries of the other influencing leagues,  I personally think some lee way should be given to the fixtures secretary here... it's a hell of a job to sort out all the permutations, allowing for the league, jnr cup, ko cup, snr game ties and other factions, I think we should all allow him a chance to sort out  things and then we can deal with it eventually. .. let the league sort it out for God's sake........

52 minutes ago, Roche Raider said:

So with all the postponements across county, what happens this weekend? Junior Cup rounds to be attempted again? Can't help but feel these pitches won't drain at all!

A dry week would be welcome, but the forecast is not good!

Not been able to put a machine on the pitch for 2 weeks! 🌧️🌧️🌧️

On 02/11/2019 at 18:47, countyman said:

In the midst of all the cancellations due to the weather, and all the vaguaries of the other influencing leagues,  I personally think some lee way should be given to the fixtures secretary here... it's a hell of a job to sort out all the permutations, allowing for the league, jnr cup, ko cup, snr game ties and other factions, I think we should all allow him a chance to sort out  things and then we can deal with it eventually. .. let the league sort it out for God's sake........

Exactly!  For example, I got the SWPL changes on Saturday evening and my changes were sent to the other leagues yesterday afternoon so that they can work on theirs.  And that's before you layer on the County Cup matches.  It all takes time.  We just need the sky tap to be turned off!

1 hour ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

A dry week would be welcome, but the forecast is not good!

Not been able to put a machine on the pitch for 2 weeks! 🌧️🌧️🌧️

Even if there's no 'rain' this week, most of the pitches here simply cannot drain, and in teams that are in fishing port valleys such as Meva, Polperro, Looe etc, theres no hope for the water to move.