Cornwall Football Forum

Game on at Bickland Park

1 hour ago, Quiet Man said:

Bickland Park has been declared playable so come on down and lend your support to Falmouth Town in their FA Vase game against Longlevens.

1 hour ago, Varksy said:

Come on Town!

Just looked over the wall at the pitch .it's looking in remarkably good condition considering .well done to the ground staff and volunteer helpers . 👍

2 hours ago, mattelot said:

Just looked over the wall at the pitch .it's looking in remarkably good condition considering .well done to the ground staff and volunteer helpers . 👍

Well done from me as well, never thought this one would get off the ground. May need a bit of major surgery after the game mind.

3 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

If our reserves are cancelled I'll be there👍

Don't forget to bring your fork and your wellies Older.

As a complete neutral. the moment Falmouth equalised in the last minute, and the F Troop response, was an exhilarating connection with everything that is brilliant about this game.  I've not seen anything like it in my time watching Cornish football. It felt a bit as though I was stood in The Shed again.

Watched this one down at Eve parc, not a bad game considering a very soft pitch, the ball rolling quite well all afternoon,  a bit slippy but players managing well.

Feel sorry for the groundsman though, last thing you want on the day is extra time but winning will make up for that...maybe? 

Longlevans shading the game all afternoon until the final substitutions changed the game. Falmouth became more direct and a fortuitous penalty in the final minute set the change in motion, a strange punch from the keeper dropping to the oncoming Falmouth player who promptly side footed a sublime volley 20 yards over the heads of everybody and sailed into the net ...2 all and game on.

Extra time and not quite one way traffic but Falmouth looking the most likely to win it...and they duely obliged with a definite penalty this time...3-2 and probably just deserving the win.

Well done from me, enjoyable afternoon meeting a load of silly old buggers from my past now calling themselves the "F" troop.

F for ???

Attendance 483

19 hours ago, Rayvon said:

Well done from me as well, never thought this one would get off the ground. May need a bit of major surgery after the game mind.

Don't forget to bring your fork and your wellies Older.

Thought you might have come down for this one ray ,for a real matchday experience .clubhouse packed before an d after the game ,big vociferous home support and a never say die attitude from local players on the pitch .😁

Terrific result!  One we'll all remember for years.  All credit to the Town players for digging in right up to the final whistle.  Have to say Longlevens played really well,  some really talented players there.  Matt Friday's highlights video is on The Packet website:

https://www.falmouthpacket.co.uk/sport/18011449.fa-vase-highlights-falmouth-town-3-2-longlevens/

Meanwhile Jack Webber's goal video heads towards 50,000 views!

4 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Watched this one down at Eve parc, not a bad game considering a very soft pitch, the ball rolling quite well all afternoon,  a bit slippy but players managing well.

Feel sorry for the groundsman though, last thing you want on the day is extra time but winning will make up for that...maybe? 

Longlevans shading the game all afternoon until the final substitutions changed the game. Falmouth became more direct and a fortuitous penalty in the final minute set the change in motion, a strange punch from the keeper dropping to the oncoming Falmouth player who promptly side footed a sublime volley 20 yards over the heads of everybody and sailed into the net ...2 all and game on.

Extra time and not quite one way traffic but Falmouth looking the most likely to win it...and they duely obliged with a definite penalty this time...3-2 and probably just deserving the win.

Well done from me, enjoyable afternoon meeting a load of silly old buggers from my past now calling themselves the "F" troop.

F for ???

Attendance 483

eve parc is a housing estate opposite , all roads lead to BICKLAND PARK !!!!! ;)

23 minutes ago, soccceroo said:

eve parc is a housing estate opposite , all roads lead to BICKLAND PARK !!!!! ;)

What a privilege to be at the home of Cornish football yesterday, to witness another superb cup performance from 'The Town' to rank alongside the many others that the Bickland faithful can recall.

Keep up the good work boys and on to the next 'big one' (pitch permitting !) next Saturday.

Ps : Mark hope you enjoyed your time behind the goal instead of in front of it ! -- Stevie P

Up The Town !!

At last I'm at my PC!

For my 20th game this season, what a cracker it turned out to be. 70 or 80 minutes of dissatisfaction at a rather lack-luster game. The the Falmouth 'keeper did really exceptionally well to beat out a snap shop by the visiting No 10 which would have buried Town, and hope sprang. Then the pen. My neighbour and I both thought it was a shoulder-to shoulder challenge and it is interesting, watching the Packet video, that he AR on that side didn't appear to be signalling a pen -  or was he indicating a FK for Town? Then the ref consulted VAR - the Valiant Assistant Referee - after which the pen was awarded and duly converted. Then the wonder goal - as Deacs says, sublime - and extra time. The 2nd pen was very obvious, the rest a bit of footy history. Nice it was in front of a decent crowd especially with all those former players who all went to join the F-troop for the 2nd half and extra time. Nice to see so many familiar faces and great to see such a good (for these days) sized crowd. The F-troopers made it sound like a proper football match - thanks, lads!

0 - 1 on 44 by their No 8; 0 - 2 on 51, didn't get his number; 1 - 2 (90) Luke Brabyn pen; 2 - 2 (90+3) Jack Webber; 3 - 2 (110) Luke Brabyn pen.

Great credit to the Groundsman. Pitch heavy but perfectly good - congratulations!

Great cup-tie!

Edited by Tom Trust
added text

5 hours ago, SON OF LINEKER said:

What a privilege to be at the home of Cornish football yesterday, to witness another superb cup performance from 'The Town' to rank alongside the many others that the Bickland faithful can recall.

Keep up the good work boys and on to the next 'big one' (pitch permitting !) next Saturday.

Ps : Mark hope you enjoyed your time behind the goal instead of in front of it ! -- Stevie P

Up The Town !!

Gutted Steve, spent from 7am to 2pm yesterday being sick and visiting the toilet! Missed half the rugby, not a bad thing as it turned out and the match at Bickland mate! It’s my ambition to be there for the next round though! Hoping it’s home. Looked amazing scenes when Webbys equaliser went in, great to see the F Troop back in force, had goosebumps watching it bout 25 times!! Brought back some very happy memories! 💛🖤 Only good thing it wasn’t norovirus mate! Catch you at Bickland soon hopefully Steve 👍

1 hour ago, Varksy said:

90k views now, reckon 2k of them have been from me! Praying for another ho.e draw.

95k views now mate .There's  a great write up by matt friday entitled "The final word !" On the town twitter page .Real Roy of the Rovers and Billys Boots stuff ,that's if your old enough to remember that .😁

13 minutes ago, mattelot said:

95k views now mate .There's  a great write up by matt friday entitled "The final word !" On the town twitter page .Real Roy of the Rovers and Billys Boots stuff ,that's if your old enough to remember that .😁

I've read it and watch the highlights two or three times just to hear the atmosphere again

35 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

As pointed out by Matt Friday--This time last season (FAV 2)  Falmouth went down 3-1 aet to Hamworthy United after conceding an equaliser in the dying minutes.

35 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

As pointed out by Matt Friday--This time last season (FAV 2)  Falmouth went down 3-1 aet to Hamworthy United after conceding an equaliser in the dying minutes.

Hamworthy at Bickland in the next round would be good mike .I'm sure we would have beaten them last season if it was a grass pitch rather than 3G .

On 03/11/2019 at 08:37, mattelot said:

Thought you might have come down for this one ray ,for a real matchday experience .clubhouse packed before an d after the game ,big vociferous home support and a never say die attitude from local players on the pitch .😁

Unfortunately was busy running Truro' s premier taxi company  Nige otherwise I would have popped down, congratulations on the win by the way, the FA Vase holds special memories for me, other than winning at Wembley playing the semi final second leg at Treyew Road in front of over 2000 spectators and local boy Ian Gosling (He's one of our own) scoring the winner was an unforgettable moment. And an extra £900 into the club kitty,can't be bad for the Town ,onwards and upwards my friend.

7 hours ago, Rayvon said:

Unfortunately was busy running Truro' s premier taxi company  Nige otherwise I would have popped down, congratulations on the win by the way, the FA Vase holds special memories for me, other than winning at Wembley playing the semi final second leg at Treyew Road in front of over 2000 spectators and local boy Ian Gosling (He's one of our own) scoring the winner was an unforgettable moment. And an extra £900 into the club kitty,can't be bad for the Town ,onwards and upwards my friend.

Good luck in your FA Trophy clash tonight mate.you must have been having withdrawal symptoms ,no footie for a fortnight .👍