Cornwall Football Forum

FIXTURES - Saturday 2 November 2019

Fixture list as at Friday afternoon, but obviously could be a lot of changes between now and kick-off times!

For as it happens changes, I suggest you should load this link onto your favourites:-  https://www.swpleague.co.uk/blog-post/league-news-statements/

FA VASE, Second Round

Falmouth Town    3-2              Longlevens AFC (after extra time, 2-2 at 90 mins)  

Saltash United      P-P           Bridgwater Town

St Austell              0-1             Buckland Athletic

KITCHEN KIT PENINSULA PREMIER DIVISION EAST

Honiton Town      P-P            Torrington AFC

Torridgeside AFC P-P           Ivybridge Town 

Bovey Tracey        P-P           IlfracombeTown

Brixham                 P-P           Millbrook

Cullompton Rangers       P-P      Torpoint Athletic

Elmore   P-P           Newton Abbot Spurs

Holsworthy           P-P         Sidmouth Town

Plymouth Marjons              2-3            Crediton United

Stoke Gabriel        P-P         Elburton Villa

KITCHEN KIT PENINSULA PREMIER DIVISION WEST

Dobwalls            P-P           Penzance

St Dennis          P-P          Wadebridge Town

Launceston           P-P           St Blazey

Mousehole            P-P          Newquay

Porthleven            P-P           Callington Town

Wendron United    P-P           Liskeard Athletic

WALTER C PARSON LEAGUE CUP, Second Round

Helston Athletic   P-P         Bodmin Town

St Austell 0 v 1 Buckland Athletic

Simply put I wish I’d gone to the Falmouth game instead. 

A game affected by the conditions with few real chances but Buckland were better across the park. The Buckland back 4 dealt comfortably with  anything St Austell tried (McGrath, who I have thought was poor when I have previously seen him was excellent) and the St Austell front players on the day lacked any decisive play. St Austell’s centre backs had a good game and stopped Buckland bar one mixup allowing the Buckland goal from close range. The real difference in the game was midfield - the Buckland 4,7 and 8 outworked St Austell, who’s 6 had a great game but was let down by his 7 and 8 (the 8 played well but looked like he was carrying an injury, the 7 disappeared for large parts of the game). Both teams ‘huffed and puffed’ a lot and both squads certainly liked to question every decision - but the better team won. A game really summed up by a Buckland supporter (of whom there were a good few) - ‘we’re an average team in our league but I expected a lot more from St Austell - but a wins a win and a good payday’. 

ST AUSTELL

1, Chapman 2, Rogers 3, Hughes 4, Giles 5, Chambers (C) 6, Dingle 7, Miller 8, Reski 9, H Turner 10, Tinsley 11, Hooper Subs 12, Tucker 14, Watts 15, Powell 16, Clarke 17, Turner 18, Kilbey

BUCKLAND

K Griffiths, J Belsten, D Gaze, A Gray, K Parkin, C McGrath, N Rudge, N Cooper, S Bowker, R Groves (c), L Gardner Subs: M Thomas, A Wellington, M Skett, A Edwards