Polperro               P-P            Launceston Reserves

Bude Town           P-P           Callington Town Reserves

Lanreath               P-P            AFC St Austell Reserves

Saltash Borough   1-1           Sticker Reserves

St Dennis Reserves            P-P              Millbrook Reserves

St Mawgan            P-P          Wadebridge Town Reserves

Torpoint Athletic Reserves              P-P            Saltash United Reserves

ST PIRAN LEAGUE WEST

Falmouth Town Reserves   8-1            Redruth United (I understand this one has been switched to Falmouth 4G)

Hayle      1-0            St Ives Town

Ludgvan                 P-P              Helston Athletic Reserves

Perranwell          P-P            Mousehole Reserves

St Agnes              P-P              Illogan RBL

St Day     P-P             Penryn Athletic

Wendron United Reserves                2-3       Perranporth (switched to Perranporth)

KERNOW STONE LEAGUE CUP, FIRST ROUND

Liskeard Athletic Reserves                      P-P           Morwenstow

Great 1st half Andy!!! 🏉 Be amazed if anything on in West league! Worked all night and it never stopped crashing against the office window and the amount of water on the roads was nuts! If that’s on the pitches they’ll be wrecked after 20 minutes! Good thing about the St.Piran league is most teams have played almost half their matches already so no need to panic and ruin your pitch for weeks. How is that try disallowed by the way!!! 🤔🙄

13 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

Great 1st half Andy!!! 🏉 Be amazed if anything on in West league! Worked all night and it never stopped crashing against the office window and the amount of water on the roads was nuts! If that’s on the pitches they’ll be wrecked after 20 minutes! Good thing about the St.Piran league is most teams have played half their matches already so no need to panic and ruin your pitch for weeks. How is that try disallowed by the way!!! 🤔🙄

Welsh ref, South African TMO, playing 17 as usual! 😖🏉

Off to bed for a few hours then! Was gonna stay up! Sensible decision would say, not worth wrecking that lovely Vogue pitch, pissed down all night! Be a good game to rearrange one evening near the end of the season, could well be a league decider?? 🤔🏆 Buzzing after the rugby, not sure I can sleep now!!? Enjoy the extra hour in bed in the morning everyone! 👍

On 25/10/2019 at 11:45, Dave Deacon said:

ST PIRAN LEAGUE EAST

Polperro               P-P            Launceston Reserves (* 2.30pm)

Bude Town            v              Callington Town Reserves

Lanreath               P-P            AFC St Austell Reserves

Saltash Borough   v              Sticker Reserves

St Dennis Reserves            P-P              Millbrook Reserves

St Mawgan            v              Wadebridge Town Reserves

Torpoint Athletic Reserves              P-P            Saltash United Reserves

ST PIRAN LEAGUE WEST

Falmouth Town Reserves   v              Redruth United (I understand this one has been switched to Falmouth 4G)

Hayle      v              St Ives Town

Ludgvan                 v              Helston Athletic Reserves

Perranwell          P-P            Mousehole Reserves

St Agnes              P-P              Illogan RBL

St Day     P-P             Penryn Athletic

Wendron United Reserves                 v              Perranporth (switched to Perranporth)

KERNOW STONE LEAGUE CUP, FIRST ROUND

Liskeard Athletic Reserves                      P-P           Morwenstow

Hayle 1 (Kyle Hampton) v St.Ives Town 0.  72+4dogs

Hayle 1, St Ives 0

Cracking game, good ad for league, good local derby. Each side found the woodwork twice, St Ives had a couple sent off in dying minutes (one sub talked his way into two yellows all following one incident: classic!). Both teams played out of their skins, St Ives on top for the 1st 30 and second half but sterling Hayle defence held them at bay. Goal against the run of play, really, but not undeserved. Very much worth the entry money! Entertained off-pitch by Otis and Hettie. (?)

Pitch really incredibly good, even at the end. Glen did his usual divot work at half time.

haven't given the timing of the goal as it is written in my note book which I left on the seat next to me as I left! Huge thanks to the club for finding it for me: I will be collecting it tomorrow morning. Good bunch down there. Nice banter in the stand. Freezing (well, okay, just very cold) wind from Clubhouse end didn't spoil things.

Big thank you to Simon at Hayle for finding my invaluable notebook where I left it in their stand. I didn't see him this morning when I picked it up so couldn't thank him personally. 'Course, my enforced Sunday morning visit did acquaint me with what must happen at a lot of clubs, that is the Youth football. I watched the last 15 mins or so of Hayle v Helston U10s and it was so refreshing to see so many healthy-looking youngsters (no obesity crisis here!) enjoying a full-blooded match, ending with a 4 - 3 win for Helston. I'd wondered if I might witness some of the boorish behaviour that one reads of where parents get nasty towards the ref, the opposition, their own kids - but I saw none of that, just mums and dads encouraging the lads. But there was one mum, bless her, of the Hayle 'keeper - bless her. The lad took a knock conceding the 4th goal. Nothing nasty but he was rubbing a sore ankle as the teams went to kick off - and his mum ran onto the pitch to see to her son! Will he live it down? But when you read about neglected kids, even kids abused by their own families, its nice to see a caring mum. Be embarrassing for Jordan Pickford, though....! Hayle had a lad wearing 6 who was different class, a real natural: ditto Helston's No 12. Now, people expect me to be grumpy and critical; in which case, where was all this brilliant organised club football 60 years ago?

Well said Tom. There are dozens of youth matches going on every weekend (boys', girls' and mixed) and the majority of them are like the one you described. Of course, not all of the coaches and parents are in it for the right reasons, but thankfully most of them are. It's all too easy to criticise the youth of today but in my experience nearly all of them are respectful and likeable if you can be bothered to listen to them and to give them a chance. Long after we've all gone, they'll be the ones left to deal with the consequences of the likes of Trump, Brexit and global warming.

Darin Morse, you brought the best out of them and gave them a reason to get out of bed every Sunday morning no matter the weather. Giving everyone a chance no matter their ability or circumstances. Its great to see all the youngsters of all ages wanting to say hello to you because of all the time you gave up for them. If it wasn’t for you, my son wouldn’t have got into football. I’m so glad as now I can enjoy every Saturday afternoon watching him now moving on from youth into senior football. I believe  joining a football team at a young age which is coached and supported by parents in the correct manner can provide so many positives for the kids to help them on life’s journey.....