Cornwall Football Forum

Bodmin with a night to forget.

Demolished was the word. Before the game, I'd have taken a 1-0 win, so to be 3 up at half time then to score 3 more 2nd half, it was a formidable performance by Saltash. 

Bodmin defence in pieces, 1 player the no 5, Sin binned before half time. Number 11 for Bodmin blooming lucky not to follow him. 

Bodmin were the team of the week last Sunday remember. 

This could finally make some teams wake up and realise Saltash are one in the shake up for the championship now. 

Agree with most of the comments on here although I honestly believe Saltash could play a lot better than they did tonight. Ryan Richards continues to impress But a lot of posters seem to forget that it’s not all about Ryan! It’s a team performance and good service that creates opportunities to somebody that always finishes well.

Bodmin poor tonight but Will still be there or thereabouts come the end of the season.
I think they just need a little bit more organisation and then an experienced leader in the middle of the park

I think tonight's results show how St Blazey have done recently. Despite loosing players to Bodmin we lost 6v0 to Saltash and never gave up right to the end. Then Helston were made to look fairly average on Saturday and needed a responce to see St Blazey off. No hammering there. Work in progress but not as bad as some think.

For me.....Saltash are the team to beat. 

2 hours ago, THE BALD ONE said:

I really don't like seeing Parkway players turning out for other teams grrrrrrrrrrr  ( even though we do borrow players from time to time )  ha ha.

Quite agree. Seven days of really big games coming up (Westbury home in the league, Exmouth away in the Les Phillips and Brockenhurst away in the Vase) could do without one of the first choice back four picking up an injury.

To reinforce this, just heard that Fletcher Williams suffered a dislocated knee playing for Elburton Villa last night. Loss for Parkway's squad, and desperately unlucky for a player who had only just come back from over a year out injured.

12 hours ago, silly billy said:

Really good game. Saltash played well. Thought the Bodmin bench were trying to start a Mexican wave at one point. They all had their arms in the air. 😂

You need a crowd to start a Mexican wave silly billy, it doesn't work very well with a half a dozen spectators. :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, THE BALD ONE said:

I really don't like seeing Parkway players turning out for other teams grrrrrrrrrrr  ( even though we do borrow players from time to time )  ha ha.

Get your facts right Bald one .. it was Jordan Bentley playing not Aron..

TBF Bodmin were awful but saltash are a one man band . take out Richards and they are average at best

whoa whoa whoa sweet child of mine ..who said anything about parkway I merely said it was Jordan playing not aron. I dont call kick it over the top and let the lad richards run on to it, service my friend..but I must say his 1st goal was very well taken.I stand by what I said they are average without richards

3 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Utter rubbish . Saltash have quality all over the pitch and Richards strike partner Reece Thompson has been quality. 

That like saying parkway are average if you take Adam carter out the team. 

The Amount of service and  space Richards gets because of his team mates is reason he gets so many. 

50 minutes ago, Ivory Toast said:

whoa whoa whoa sweet child of mine ..who said anything about parkway I merely said it was Jordan playing not aron. I dont call kick it over the top and let the lad richards run on to it, service my friend..but I must say his 1st goal was very well taken.I stand by what I said they are average without richards

I think the angle you are coming at with this is deeply unfair to the rest of the team. What about the other end? they have the best 'goals against' in the league too! 

Sam Hughes has almost 20 goals already this season too

Every good team needs someone to finish the attacks off!

Goldsworthy is top scorer in the league at the moment does that make Helston a one man team as well? 

43 minutes ago, THE BALD ONE said:

Ah , wrong Bentley lol  . oooops . Not sure why the other Bentley would be playing for Bodmin tho ?:SM_carton:

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Any good side will normally have someone banging in goals for fun. Saltash are completely different to say mousehole who look to pass the ball in the net. Saltash are quick from midfield and direct. Ruthless as well. Only side ove not seen this season at the top is St Austell. Boxing day could be a good watch hopefully.

11 minutes ago, Hetty said:

I think the angle you are coming at with this is deeply unfair to the rest of the team. What about the other end? they have the best 'goals against' in the league too! 

Sam Hughes has almost 20 goals already this season too

Every good team needs someone to finish the attacks off!

Goldsworthy is top scorer in the league at the moment does that make Helston a one man team as well? 

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Hetty

football is all about opinion, and from what I sore last night compared to other teams ive watched this season, bodmin are very poor with nothing at the back nothing in the middle and nothing up front and tbh saltash are not much better. there is no spark or flair to saltash at all..they Cleary miss dan lewis who obviously drives the team forward.. gong in to last nights game bodmin were second how on earth they are that high up only god only knows..ive not seen snozzle play yet but ive seen mousehole a few times and they are not much better either.Will helston win the league ...who knows...will saltash. I would be very suprised

People go on about Saltash being a 1 man team WITH RYAN RICHARDS but his strike partner Sam Hughes is a pretty good player and he hasnt played last few games  and RICHARDS stil bangs in 2 hat tricks in just over a week .I think Ryan Richards will be the Top goalcorer and will win the Golden Boot with Goldsworthy 2nd ,Just think how many goals Helston would of got if a fully fit Liam Eddy had been playing . Nothing so far about Bodmins performance last night in the hammering they got from Saltash ,why didnt they keep the same side that defeated Falmouth at the weekend well serve them right for changing there team from the weekend to midweek with Torndo Bello playing midweek games .Well it didnt work out this time for Bodmin think they will miss Tallan Mitchell who has gone to Mousehole.

1 hour ago, Ivory Toast said:

Did you not watch the game Ivory ??

31 minutes ago, Ivory Toast said:

Hetty

football is all about opinion, and from what I sore last night compared to other teams ive watched this season, bodmin are very poor with nothing at the back nothing in the middle and nothing up front and tbh saltash are not much better. there is no spark or flair to saltash at all..they Cleary miss dan lewis who obviously drives the team forward.. gong in to last nights game bodmin were second how on earth they are that high up only god only knows..ive not seen snozzle play yet but ive seen mousehole a few times and they are not much better either.Will helston win the league ...who knows...will saltash. I would be very suprised

Danny Lewis plays at the back now ?? You obviously haven’t watched them in ages

1 hour ago, Ivory Toast said:

I was using carter as example as apparently if a striker scored loads of goals they are 1 man team. 

You haven’t watched saltash much at all have you and you are just going on what you saw last night. Well if that average performance what does that make Bodmin ? 

So if kicking it over the defenders for Richards is not service what is ? Does he kick it himself then run onto it ? 

Im inclined to respect Ivory because of his experience and how well respected he is on the local scene.  But to say they clearly miss dan lewis who drives them forward (yet still beat bodmin 6-0) is madness. To also say they are average at best and not much better than bodmin is frankly laughable.  Saltash have a philosophy and a playing style that they have developed over the last 2/3/4 seasons with a very consistent set of players and their recent success is proof that they have got it right and appear to be one of the very best sides around! Unfortunately on this occasion and very rarely, I have a feeling you could be way off the mark here Ivory. Others may agree with you and I imagine a majority won't. But as you say, it's all about opinions.