Cornwall Football Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Keith B

'Bung' allegations.

Oh dear, the Daily Telegraph to day, has a large inside page spread regarding top managers in Premier League, taking bungs from agents - including Sir Alex. I don't want to believe it, but fear it's true.

6 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Of course it's TRUE, they are only on £5 million+ a year poor souls.

Money corrupts and football is awash with it, and for some it's at this level as well. 

I fear you're right older but, are there no honest, straight guys out there any more.  I was saddened to see Alex Fergusson named among them. I would have thought/hoped, he would have been above that sort of thing.

2 hours ago, Keith B said:

I fear you're right older but, are there no honest, straight guys out there any more.  I was saddened to see Alex Fergusson named among them. I would have thought/hoped, he would have been above that sort of thing.

I changed my opinion of him when I read about the racehorse fiasco...just greedy. 

Try getting a league club for pre-season...see what that "really" costs!

9 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

I changed my opinion of him when I read about the racehorse fiasco...just greedy. 

Try getting a league club for pre-season...see what that "really" costs!

Hopefully not the loss of your integrity.

On 18/10/2019 at 09:41, baldy said:

And if people on £5+ are taking bungs, what chance no officials are?

Come on baldy - don't even think of it. We/you have to have faith in the honesty of officials.  If it were proved the officials were on the take, we might as well pack up and close the game down. What would be the point of it all ?  I believe  the officials are honest to a man/woman and that they do a damn good job, week after week.

The problem, if there is a problem, is because too many idiots stand watching each week and do nothing but gripe and bitch at the officials when things don't go their way. The players hear all this and react the same way. Leave the officials alone - let them do their job and accept their decisions. If this subject continues, it will only result in more officials leaving the game. 

38 minutes ago, baldy said:

That should have read £5m+
Seen plenty of games at the top level where I have suspected biased officials.

I know what you mean but, I can't/don't want to believe it.

On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 22:25, Postman Pat said:

Total crap read this on another site and Liverpool and city fans think the same.

Only unproven allegations against Fergie, but remember  George Graham getting the sack and receiving a suspension for taking payments from agents as "incentives" to sign players. Several other prominent managers have also had allegations of similar behaviour in recent seasons (two of them have sons who act as players agents), suspect that it was seen as part of the way business was done by some characters of a certain age.

At what point does "doing someone a favour" become taking a bung? For instance, one manager (who is very prominent in the media and has managed in the Premier League) is well known for enjoying a stuffed brown envelope as a condition of his teams playing in pre season friendlies and has signed up relatives of a high profile agent (who then only appear in reserve teams), and get discreetly moved on after a short spell.