Cornwall Football Forum

Another Bath player returns to the City.

23 hours ago, Rayvon said:

I hear Dan Rooney has left Bath City and returned to the fold at Treyew Road, another player with league experience to strengthen the promotion push.  I feel one of my songs coming on, who is old enough to remember Opportunity Knocks and that Roy Orbison look alike Lennie Peters and ,Dianne Lee, "Welcome Home Dan" 

Remember Peters and Lee? I saw them playing live at the "Starlight Club" which was the nightclub attached to Enfield Town FC in the 1970s. Other acts that appeared there included Frankie Vaughan, Marti Caine, Jim Davidson,  Tony Christie and a comedian off the telly called Paul (Something) whose career disappeared without trace

• 2 weeks later...

Truro 1, Blackfield and Langley 1

Bit of a yawn after Saturday at Falmouth. Hardly seven quidsworth (£5 entry, £1 carpark, £1 50/50 - I was ONE out - whoever bought the ticket after me won!)

Boot and rush with an awful lot of ball in the air. All Blackfield 1st half until Niall Thompson got going after about 40 minutes. The only time Truro looked anything like it was when he ran up the right wing. 2nd half Truro a bit more lively but still playing that awful "play from the back" style which Blackfield exploited , exposing the risk of that modern tactic - SO easy to play against and tedious to watch. Then BOOM - Jamie Richards off a corner on 65 for 1 - 0. Then POP, Lerose Plummer for 1 - 1 less than 60 seconds later!

And that was it, really. Not a good game to watch, Truro with few ideas in their opponent's half.

Attendance apparently around the 130 mark! Replay Saturday up there, home tie v Kingstonian the prize.

As they say Tom, a side is at their most vulnerable to conceding straight after they have scored themselves, nevertheless it was a poor goal conceded. Not sure what the City ‘keeper was doing!

Big debate amongst a few in the stand second half about what I assume was a Blackfield teamsheet error, but how come Truro named Tyler Harvey as a sub tonight when he’s away and not available?

You would of seen more action at the fireworks then we saw from truro city last night lucky it did nt go down to less people after 1st half /2 nd half just as bad / never seen it so quite as players came of the pitch last night / also no food wagon there was pasties in the bar but nobody told us till we been there for over a hour / not a good night hope for better on the 16th nov 🧀🍟

1 hour ago, Gazer said:

You would of seen more action at the fireworks then we saw from truro city last night lucky it did nt go down to less people after 1st half /2 nd half just as bad / never seen it so quite as players came of the pitch last night / also no food wagon there was pasties in the bar but nobody told us till we been there for over a hour / not a good night hope for better on the 16th nov 🧀🍟

So it was a poor match, we all have bad days at work. Look on the bright side - Truro are second in the league and you didn't have to eat anything cooked by Older!

18 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

As they say Tom, a side is at their most vulnerable to conceding straight after they have scored themselves, nevertheless it was a poor goal conceded. Not sure what the City ‘keeper was doing!

Big debate amongst a few in the stand second half about what I assume was a Blackfield teamsheet error, but how come Truro named Tyler Harvey as a sub tonight when he’s away and not available?

During my years doing the Truro PA there were quite a few occasions when there were anomalies regarding the team sheet issued: often numbers appeared on the pitch which didn't feature on the sheet. There was one time when, having established the number on the back of a visiting scorer with those around me, I announced the scorer and time and a bloke in front of me, supporting the visiting side, turned and said "he's not playing"! I showed him the team sheet and he confirmed that the player named against that number wasn't even on the bench!

5 hours ago, Gazer said:

Announcer should have been telling people between music tracks where they could get pasties up to kick-off and at half time. You just can't get the staff these days!

25 minutes ago, Tom Trust said:

During my years doing the Truro PA there were quite a few occasions when there were anomalies regarding the team sheet issued: often numbers appeared on the pitch which didn't feature on the sheet. There was one time when, having established the number on the back of a visiting scorer with those around me, I announced the scorer and time and a bloke in front of me, supporting the visiting side, turned and said "he's not playing"! I showed him the team sheet and he confirmed that the player named against that number wasn't even on the bench!

Announcer should have been telling people between music tracks where they could get pasties up to kick-off and at half time. You just can't get the staff these days!

Or, alternatively you could go into the clubhouse and ask! 

2 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

HEY! Watch it you🤐

Older, any truth in the rumour that you will be on the next series of The Great British Bake Off?

1 hour ago, Goldeneye said:

Or, alternatively you could go into the clubhouse and ask! 

Older, any truth in the rumour that you will be on the next series of The Great British Bake Off?

I heard that rumour as well, he commented that his signature dish was chips and curry sauce ala Older style, think that means it's topped with fag ash. :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, Rayvon said:

I heard that rumour as well, he commented that his signature dish was chips and curry sauce ala Older style, think that means it's topped with fag ash. :thumbsup:

My mother cooked with fag ash all my life...never did me any harm...lol

Bake off ..no soggy bottoms here - saggy maybe🤣