RESULTS - WEDNESDAY 16 OCTOBER 2019

PREMIER EAST

Axminster  2-0  Honiton

PREMIER WEST

Bodmin Town        6-0     Sticker                              

Falmouth Town       5-0     Camelford       

Penzance               2-2    Porthleven   

Saltash United         6-0          St Blazey

What is happening down at Porthleven, made a few signings pre season ( couple of the weaker players from Bodmin went down there also ) but with the Director Of Football, & management carrying around his filofax ( all very professional, no qualms) I thought they were going to be top 4/5 & knocking on the door .. ? 

Anyway, I missed Bodmin rout Sticker last night who won at Pz last week so have slightly picked up, but still bottom. I decided to venture up to the Kimberly Stadium, free lift with Blazey fan friend... Well I wish I stayed bloody home Infront of Dads Army! In fact a few of the Dad's Army brigade might move quicker than some of the Blazey players. Take nothing away from Saltash you can only beat what's Infront of you & they have got a terrific squad but some of the goals Blazey conceded were criminal! They rolled over & got tickled.

A great shame for the away supporters ( there were a few there ) but shows beating the bottom 3/4 sides doesn't mean you have made it in this league. See that bloody Rickard boy moved on again, at Blazey now, trouble he is , always the  prankster, put a banana skin on my doorstep once, I went kitting. 

Decent crowd at the Kimberley Stadium, boosted by some great support for ST Blazey. Saltash dominant winners in the end but I cant help feel that Blazey done themselves no favors first half with some shambolic defending and decision making. Game was tied up at half time but fair play to Blazey who fashioned some decent chances in the second half but were no where near as composed as the side near the top of the table. 

Rome wasn't built in a day and this was always going to be a transitional season for Blazey, a nice mid table finish followed by some astute signings next summer should give them a decent platform to try and compete next season.

1 hour ago, Alan Turing said:

Decent crowd at the Kimberley Stadium, boosted by some great support for ST Blazey. Saltash dominant winners in the end but I cant help feel that Blazey done themselves no favors first half with some shambolic defending and decision making. Game was tied up at half time but fair play to Blazey who fashioned some decent chances in the second half but were no where near as composed as the side near the top of the table. 

Rome wasn't built in a day and this was always going to be a transitional season for Blazey, a nice mid table finish followed by some astute signings next summer should give them a decent platform to try and compete next season.

Sounds like a repeat of the Bodmin game on Saturday, early 1st half goal was a GK blunder( bad goal kick) and the 2nd either a perfect fluked/looping header or GK misjudged it, not sure on that one. Can't keep on giving the better teams in the league such gifts and expect to take points. Hope for an improvement against Helston on Saturday, can't afford to give Goldsworthy too many chances.

3 hours ago, leedsunited said:

A great shame for the away supporters ( there were a few there ) but shows beating the bottom 3/4 sides doesn't mean you have made it in this league. See that bloody Rickard boy moved on again, at Blazey now, trouble he is , always the  prankster, put a banana skin on my doorstep once, I went kitting. 

Seems to be a witch hunt on the Rickards!

Saltash 6v0 St Blazey.

St Blazey started well enough bit the opening goal was awful to give away. Really poor defending. The 4th and 6th were the same. Saltash ruthless in the first half. St Blazey looked much better in the final 25 minutes and made 5 or 6 good chances but only hit the target once. Saltash are a good side. We will improve. Saltash pitch looking excellent. Good crowd over 200 as well. Bring on Helston.

Have to say that apart from the first maybe 10/15 minutes, the game solely belonged to Saltash.

Another extremely professional performance from Saltash and again another clinical performance from Richards.

St Blazey seem to lack leaders both on and off the field at times & come the end resorted in lumping the ball up field, much to the joy of the 3 Saltash CBs who can deal with that till the cows come home.

Still think St Blazey will finish mid table and am edging ever closer to saying Saltash look like the real deal this season.