Cornwall Football Forum

Result 3/2

Threemilestone 7 The Oxford 1 (h/t 2-1)

Well done to TMS who deserved the win in terrible conditions they took there chances we didnt really create that many but at 2-1 we were well in the game that was reduced to 30mins each way but once they got their 3rd they were well on top

Credit to the young ref for letting the game go ahead

Good luck to TMS for the rest of the season

What does this mean then? Both teams agreed to play the match ( especially us seeing as we haven't had a game for so long! ), but does this make the match null and void? Well done to TMS, they took their chances but when the third goal went in it was embarrassing on our part. No - one tracking runners or creating space to even pass the ball 2 or 3 times! Need to seriously look at ourselves and put in a performance next weekend.

I agree with Steve, well played TMS. In very difficult conditions for both teams they definately deserved the win today. we were by far second best today. Without trying to sound as though I am clutching at straws but if zebedee says that must play minimum of 35 mins each half then surely game must be replayed? If this is not the case then we have no excuses as TMS were by far the better side and get my congratulations for the win.

As for our performance (The Oxford), we were shocking today. I am not going to go into iT too much as i believe criticism should stay within the team. Just hoping that the match next sunday will be played because we really need to get this out of our system....and quick!!!

An interesting one this thought it was a bit odd to only play 30 mins each way, will have to wait and see what the league say, but both teams wanted to get it on after a few weeks of inactivity but in hindsight probably should'nt have gone ahead in those conditions and a good job it was only an hour cause if we had played like that for 90mins it would have been double figures with a few exceptions some players really need to decide if they want to play sunday football for us cause it did'nt look like it today, but roll on next week a real six pointer against Camborne Park and a chance to put things right can't bloody wait a whole week to stew on it :angry2:

Camborne park Vs Crowntown Match called off at the last minute!

Phil Avis and I looked at the pitch at 10.00 and it was fine - the weather was bloody awful.

Both teams got changed. Camborne Park went out with nets, corner flags etc while we were still changing.

Then Phil came into our changing room and said that it was pouring down outside and it wasn't playable. Game off.

We moaned and groaned but accepted his decision.

He sent the last Park player off to tell his team mates and we got changed and left.

Hope the player made it to the pitch!

I suspect we could have played. BUT it would have been miserable, cold and good football impossible. (Not suggesting that we play good football) Not at all enjoyable -and that's what we play for.

Neither side look like having a fixture backlog so we can re-arrange it without much trouble.

So it looks like, mathematically, Crowntown did better against TMS than Oxford.

We lost 9-1 and Oxford lost 7 -1.

BUT Oxford only played 60 mins.

At the same rate of scoring, after 90 mins TMS would have scored 10 1/2, Oxford 1 1/2. That gives a goal difference of -9.

Crowntown's goal difference was only -8.

Much better!

As I told Paul 2nd game of the season, "We see here two teams that will struggle in Div1."

I don't think he believed me!

Ha ha. I admire your positvie sense of humour Bill.

I knew this season would be tough for us, especially as in higher league. We just need to erradicate the silly mistakes that are constantly being made week in week out. As I said in my previous post I am not going to criticise my players, be it individually or collectively on this forum as this should be done privately. Just to sum up, I was left very disappointed with todays match and will sort this out during the coming week. Finally, to agree with Steve, this sundays game with Camborne Park cannot come quick enough!

I think you oxford boys are being bit hard on yourselves you were in the much up until mid way through second half then few quick goals just destroyed your confidence and team spirit. Scorers today were 2 adam hall, dean stevens, JP, scholesy, nathan crowle, dan taylor and ????

Guest Postie Pidge

Scorers today were 2 adam hall, dean stevens, JP, scholesy, nathan crowle, dan taylor and ????

Names I was given: Martin Jay, Dan Taylor, Nathan Crowle, Dean Stevens, Jason Pearce and Adam Stevens 2

Dont worry TMS no9 One and a six was our goalie on sunday he normally playes left wing but our usual goalie didnt fancy going in goal in those conditions what a w***er :SM_carton_y:

Yeah he did a good job considering and quite rightly got our man of match but don't think he will be quite so quick to offer again in the future tho, think he is still finding mud in places he never knew he had :clapper:

Can announce that a new goalkeeper has been signed and will make his debut on sunday (weather permitting). One and A six did very well, was one of a few players that actually turned up!!! Will have 3-4 new players available for sunday, so hopefully will see things moving in the right direction.