Cornwall Football Forum

F A Vase (1) Helston 1 v Falmouth 5

1 hour ago, Mike Odgers said:

Helston Athletic  1   Falmouth Town 5  (1-2)   Attendance  689

1--0 (20m) Billy Tucker     1--1 (39m) Matt Buchan    1--2 (45m) Dave Broglino  ht.1--2

1--3 (64m) Matt Buchan    1--4 (67m) Dave Broglino (Pen)   1--5 (71m) Luke Brabyn

Money ! Money ! Money! must be funny in a rich man's world .Well tonight it's hilarious .Mr Massey ,Le Boss ,Bagman, Harry Gords , and poor old Scoffy , in the words of a famous Norwegian football commentator ." Your boys took one he'll of a beating today ". Luckily for Helston that wasn't Falmouths strongest side either .But pride, determination , team spirit and the support of F troop won the day .👍

1 hour ago, leedsunited said:

That's one hell of a drubbing ... One that Mr.Massey must be extremely disappointed with considering all the local hype Helston put on to the game ... Plus his match fee he has hand over to players who really really let him down & had their pants pulled down today ... 

Bit like your shower of  in midweek after being  4-1 up 

3 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

That's one hell of a drubbing ... One that Mr.Massey must be extremely disappointed with considering all the local hype Helston put on to the game ... Plus his match fee he has hand over to players who really really let him down & had their pants pulled down today ... 

Cant wait for the Piran films highlights .

You could call it Nightmare at Kellaway park ! 😁😂🤣

All the Falmouth players rang their socks off today. But if I had to pick a man of match I would pick Matt Buchan. He has to be one of the most underrated players in the last few seasons. He was pure class today. Followed by Luke Johnston who tore them apart considering he hasn’t played much lately. But to be honest the whole team should get men of the match.  Thoroughly enjoyed the day brought alive by the Falmouth Supporters. What an atmosphere! 

5 minutes ago, Mark Jones said:

All the Falmouth players rang their socks off today. But if I had to pick a man of match I would pick Matt Buchan. He has to be one of the most underrated players in the last few seasons. He was pure class today. Followed by Luke Johnston who tore them apart considering he hasn’t played much lately. But to be honest the whole team should get men of the match.  Thoroughly enjoyed the day brought alive by the Falmouth Supporters. What an atmosphere! 

Matty Buchan Theres only one Matty Buchan ! Don't  you just love it when an ex player comes back to haunt you ! 😁

1 hour ago, Mark Jones said:

Great write up from Falmouth Packets Matt Friday....keep up the good work Matt 👍

2 hours ago, CornishRhino said:

I thoroughly enjoyed this game. Quite like watching games as a neutral, as I don't get too engrossed with the atmosphere side of things and can actually remember what happened during the game.

Anyway, there's a couple of simple conclusions after watching this game. Helston were an absolute disgrace today. They seriously let themselves down, the manager down and more importantly the supporters down. Like someone eluded to above, gutless. I'd add spineless to that too. A shade of the team they were on Wednesday evening against Mousehole. As for Falmouth, they were absolutely superb. Their performance warranted this scoreline. And it wouldn't have been an exaggeration when saying they could've scored more. The Helston defence couldn't deal with their attack. Good crowd and atmosphere too. Although, did I really hear Falmouth use a megaphone to get the crowd going at one point?! 😂

Just shows money can't buy you everything. As for the next round, if I can I'll go and watch Falmouth. I hope for their sake they get a good tie.

Yes Helston capitulated after they conceded the third goal and Falmouth took their chances but had Helston not hit the cross bar and the ball bounced the other way off the post whilst I believe it was 1-0, then the story may have been very different. Good luck to Westy, Millsy and Falmouth in the next round.

Just an observation but in the previous round St Blazey played a tough mid week fixture away at Helston before loosing to Falmouth in the Vase. Falmouth didnt play that mid week. 

Wednesday Helston had a big match with Mousehole before todays Vase match. Falmouth never played in the week. 

Sometimes you need these little things in your favour. 

Good luck to Falmouth in the next round. 

8 hours ago, CornishRhino said:

I thoroughly enjoyed this game. Quite like watching games as a neutral, as I don't get too engrossed with the atmosphere side of things and can actually remember what happened during the game.

Anyway, there's a couple of simple conclusions after watching this game. Helston were an absolute disgrace today. They seriously let themselves down, the manager down and more importantly the supporters down. Like someone eluded to above, gutless. I'd add spineless to that too. A shade of the team they were on Wednesday evening against Mousehole. As for Falmouth, they were absolutely superb. Their performance warranted this scoreline. And it wouldn't have been an exaggeration when saying they could've scored more. The Helston defence couldn't deal with their attack. Good crowd and atmosphere too. Although, did I really hear Falmouth use a megaphone to get the crowd going at one point?! 😂

Just shows money can't buy you everything. As for the next round, if I can I'll go and watch Falmouth. I hope for their sake they get a good tie.

Does that mean Falmouth do not pay their players, but Helston does?

On 12/10/2019 at 23:59, le boss said:

Yes Helston capitulated after they conceded the third goal and Falmouth took their chances but had Helston not hit the cross bar and the ball bounced the other way off the post whilst I believe it was 1-0, then the story may have been very different. Good luck to Westy, Millsy and Falmouth in the next round.

So your also saying you need shooting practice.😜

1 minute ago, willy7 said:

So your also saying you need shooting practice.😜

It's "you are" or "you're" and no I'm not saying I need shooting practice because I no longer play. I was suggesting that had those two efforts gone in, then the game might have had a different outcome. 😜

On 12/10/2019 at 21:52, CornishRhino said:

Megaphone to get the crowd going ? ha ha ha ha ha . Deary me Rhino. Are you saying that the F-Troop need a megaphone. Was you really there Saturday ???

35 minutes ago, le boss said:

It's "you are" or "you're" and no I'm not saying I need shooting practice because I no longer play. I was suggesting that had those two efforts gone in, then the game might have had a different outcome. 😜

And also if I had put more salt on my chips they then would have tasted different.😂