Four Lanes Reserves          P-P         Constantine Reserves

Goonhavern Athletic Reserves         8-0         New Inn Titans Reserves

St Buryan             4-0         Storm

Tregony               7-4         Lizard Argyle Reserves

ARTHUR PEARCE CUP, FIRST ROUND

Stithians Reserves              1-7         Threemilestone Reserves

PERCY STEPHENS CUP, FIRST ROUND

Illogan RBL Reserves          1-0         Praze

Perranwell Reserves          2-2         St Ives Town Reserves (5-3 on pens)

Probus vs CSOM was called off.

2nd time this season that Probus have cancelled a game and failed to inform the ref! (I only found out from the forum last time!) 

Stood on the centre circle at 13.45 looking at a lovely surface while the home team informed me they’d called it off that morning.

Zero idea why it was deemed unplayable. Near perfect playing surface and still nice and firm underfoot.

Spoke to Paul Murphy and neither he or the league were aware it’d been called of either 😒

22 minutes ago, Titus Bramble said:

2nd time this season that Probus have cancelled a game and failed to inform the ref! (I only found out from the forum last time!) 

Stood on the centre circle at 13.45 looking at a lovely surface while the home team informed me they’d called it off that morning.

Zero idea why it was deemed unplayable. Near perfect playing surface and still nice and firm underfoot.

Spoke to Paul Murphy and neither he or the league were aware it’d been called of either 😒

Shouldn’t a ref call it off and ring Paul right away coz teams need a ref then phone the 2 Dave’s and the other team oh yeah and most of all let the ref know , spose you could still charge them 

PS Cup

Illogan 2nds 1-0 Praze 

With two leagues difference between the two sides, it didn’t seem that way as this thrilling cup tie was a good one to be enjoyed from both player and spectator point of view.

illogans constant pressure for the whole game, they did not find the back of the net until ten minutes from the end from Tom Butt, after his teammate from centre midfield (number 8 ) ran through three players.

Praze defended like their lives depended on it and kept out the onslaught that faced for the majority of the game. They did however come close on several occasions, from Barrie John wyatt hitting the post from 30 yards out, Danny Ford hitting the bar from a free kick and Nathan rathbone denied by a good save by the home keeper. 

Illogan were left frustrated at times as Praze stood firm. At 88 on the clock, a ball was played through high for Barrie John, but the keeper claimed the ball first, causing a collision between both players. It was a controversial 50-50, personally I think the praze player couldn’t get out the way and thought the ball was to be won, but some people didn’t see it that way.

Danny ford saw red late on as there was a spat which resulted in the player being sent off because he was naughty. Personally the victim should have been shown the red too as he grabbed Danny previously which the ref failed to see. 

All in all Praze were gutted not to get a result from the game. Man of the match by far was the praze keeper roachy, made a string of saves to keep the score level.

Hmm, it was a defo late challenge by Barrie (but we've all done them n prob the worst in the game but not the only one) and defo a red for fordy.. I dont think Ellis deserved a red but knew what he was doing winding Fordy up (hes good at that). Overall praze didn't play as well as usual but defended well n all players more than happy with superb performances. 

1 hour ago, Titus Bramble said:

The game was postponed and not cancelled. I can’t comment on the state of the pitch because I’m away at the moment, but Graham (our Manager, Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer and Groundsman) may have forgotten to inform you and this would have been an oversight because he organises both teams, as well as everything else for the club. I can only apologise on the clubs behalf but Graham does do a massive amount of work to keep the club going and without him it would be unlikely that there would be one even Probus team let alone two. Sorry you had a wasted trip.

1 hour ago, Titus Bramble said:

Only question that comes to mind if you were the referee was the fixture confirmed  on Tuesday latest Wednesday. If not confirmed then perhaps you should have spoken to the appointments secretary then and possibly be reappointed!

16 minutes ago, Chris Davey said:

The game was postponed and not cancelled. I can’t comment on the state of the pitch because I’m away at the moment, but Graham (our Manager, Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer and Groundsman) may have forgotten to inform you and this would have been an oversight because he organises both teams, as well as everything else for the club. I can only apologise on the clubs behalf but Graham does do a massive amount of work to keep the club going and without him it would be unlikely that there would be one Probus team and not two. Sorry you had a water trip.

Thank you Chris. Emails were sent at 11.15am to all concerned. School of mines confirmed receipt of this. Its the playing field committee who decide if we play. In regards to not contacting ref last time we didnt have an appointed ref so there was no need.

35 minutes ago, Wildee said:

Hmm, it was a defo late challenge by Barrie (but we've all done them n prob the worst in the game but not the only one) and defo a red for fordy.. I dont think Ellis deserved a red but knew what he was doing winding Fordy up (hes good at that). Overall praze didn't play as well as usual but defended well n all players more than happy with superb performances. 

Hopefully Scott is alright.. yep right on Danny, but before that I pretty sure he was grabbed by the neck (or from what I was told) there’s a few wind up merchants in your squad, the captain being the biggest one! He put in a few hard unnecessary tackles in the game. We are happy defensively today as we kept you out, just wished we got the result but it wasn’t to be. Bet you’re disappointed not to get more goals?  Only scoring one against a team two leagues below is a bit embarrassing 😂😂

6 minutes ago, ArseneWanger said:

Hopefully Scott is alright.. yep right on Danny, but before that I pretty sure he was grabbed by the neck (or from what I was told) there’s a few wind up merchants in your squad, the captain being the biggest one! He put in a few hard unnecessary tackles in the game. We are happy defensively today as we kept you out, just wished we got the result but it wasn’t to be. Bet you’re disappointed not to get more goals?  Only scoring one against a team two leagues below is a bit embarrassing 😂😂

Why would not scoring more goals be embarrassing ?

20 minutes ago, Pinkcheese said:

Thank you Chris. Emails were sent at 11.15am to all concerned. School of mines confirmed receipt of this. Its the playing field committee who decide if we play. In regards to not contacting ref last time we didnt have an appointed ref so there was no need.

No-one received said email. The League, Referee and Referee Appointments Officer were not aware of this postponement. CSOM weren't emailed either - they were contacted by Facebook Messenger.

It's important that we stick to the processes as that's why this mishap has caused confusion.

2 hours ago, ArseneWanger said:

Are you still typing? 😴

Makes no sense. You’re probably just as much as a  in person as you are on here 🤔

20 goals or 1 goal, if it’s more goals than you then I’m pretty sure that’s all that really matters. If we was all perfect you wouldn’t be playing in these leagues, that you’re in!!!

38 minutes ago, Asterix said:

Well said. Every midfielder loves a challenge but never in my football career have I thought, to hurt anyone. Leave my mark with the strength of the tackle yes! It’s a hobby not a career sadly, but unfortunately there are some right heads out there who do intentionally try and cause that unnecessary damage. 

Exactly Ralph, if you’re jumping into a 50/50 you aim to win ball, maybe leave a little bit on them but not go out to hurt them. Like you’ve said it’s a hobby. None of us in these leagues (I hope) earn a living from playing. But it’s a well known commodity some  intentionally aim to do that, completely out of order. 

6 hours ago, DRichards said:

Exactly Ralph, if you’re jumping into a 50/50 you aim to win ball, maybe leave a little bit on them but not go out to hurt them. Like you’ve said it’s a hobby. None of us in these leagues (I hope) earn a living from playing. But it’s a well known commodity some  intentionally aim to do that, completely out of order. 

Exactly that bud. If anything I much preferred holding back so it was more 60/40 In their favour then to make it more satisfying when you won the tackle lol! 🙈

Never had time for d***heads !!! 

Agreed with your all your comments. You make yourself known by putting in a strong tackle but that’s as far as I would go. Anything more then it’s out or order. If at any point I felt like I want to intentionally hurt someone through anger on a football pitch I personally ask to get subbed. It has never and  will never will be in my thoughts. I represent a team and I do it in good fashion. I hope there’s many out there that feel the same