Cornwall Football Forum

Miles to Travel if you win the league and go up to the Western league

On 21/10/2019 at 18:18, Goldeneye said:

Do they do that travelling every other week and also on several evenings throughout the season. Does the darts season last for 10 months? 

If you play a sport you love, the travelling shouldn't be a problem Why is it made to be such an issue. If you live in Cornwall and you want to progress you have to travel, footballers in Cornwall are paid really well for what they do dart players get nothing not even travelling expenses. Footballers will play a maximum of 4  away games a month,  none of which requires an overnight stay, so unless they're travelling on Dobbin  the mule l can't see a problem. It's not compulsory if you don't want a do it don't do it.

22 hours ago, teflon123 said:

The players onboard are only onboard because of the $ filling their pockets!

They don’t care about Helston or the Manager, they just care about the figure they are getting after the game.

The locations of where these players come from should tell you everything you need to know.

So they don't like or care for Helston, what is wrong with Helston I think it is a lovely town, The players are onboard a boat I'm guessing because the $ filling there pockets would make them drown, and you also have a problem with the locations these players come from, I think a couple come from a nice little village near St Austell you should visit apparently it has a lovely little pub with roses out on the lawn.

On 22/10/2019 at 08:37, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Don't think you're quite right there Jeff. 

My understanding of it is the club and the manager are all on board with the vision of 20/20 and possible climb up the pyramid. 

Helston appear to be a solid club and funds to match theirs and the managers ambition, it is a joint venture I have heard with a top up to the clubs own budget being supported by an individual. 

If/when it goes tits up Helston will still be viable/soluble based on plans in place, something other clubs did not do.

No doubt they will enjoy the ride like other clubs have in the past, but maybe not with the threat of bankruptcy and losing their ground as the final outcome. 

All of the above remains to be seen of course.

Fair comment Baks :)  from a Mabe boy lol