Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Deacon

Wednesday 9 October 2019

Recommended Posts

WEDNESDAY 9 OCTOBER

KITCHEN KIT PENINSULA PREMIER DIVISION EAST

Elmore    1-2            Stoke Gabriel 

Millbrook                3-1            Ivybridge Town 

Sidmouth Town    1-8            Bovey Tracey 

 

KITCHEN KIT PENINSULA PREMIER DIVISION WEST

Bodmin Town        4-6            Camelford 

Callington Town   0-2            Dobwalls

Godolphin Atlantic     0-3      Liskeard Athletic 

Helston Athletic    3-1            Mousehole 

Porthleven              1-1            St Blazey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Themanhimself said:

Helston v mousehole a cracking encounter battle of the wallets. Mousehole for the win 3-2

Agreed cracking encounter. 

Would be interested to see what each club has emptied their wallets the most so far this season.......think there will larger wallet encounters this season. 

2-0 Mousehole for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's essentially nothing more exotic than a player rehabilitation programme, with the benefit of some property ownership as a sweetener to relocate players unto the joys of South-West Penwith, should they feel themselves to be in need of 'rehabilitation'. It has been noted elsewhere in this Parish as to the benefit to Sowsnek players involved in the player production conveyor-belt, at least until the Youth Section products come on-stream.

The properties themselves will come into play as a result of the [probable, though speculative] rise in property prices and are a side benefit of greater fiscal value than on-selling Contracted Players - this is still, after all, Non-League.

As to Players' Contract Statuses, that would be something for Affiliated Secretaries to enquire after in respect of Standardised Rule 6 and FA Rule C1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Paloresow said:

It's essentially nothing more exotic than a player rehabilitation programme, with the benefit of some property ownership as a sweetener to relocate players unto the joys of South-West Penwith, should they feel themselves to be in need of 'rehabilitation'. It has been noted elsewhere in this Parish as to the benefit to Sowsnek players involved in the player production conveyor-belt, at least until the Youth Section products come on-stream.

The properties themselves will come into play as a result of the [probable, though speculative] rise in property prices and are a side benefit of greater fiscal value than on-selling Contracted Players - this is still, after all, Non-League.

As to Players' Contract Statuses, that would be something for Affiliated Secretaries to enquire after in respect of Standardised Rule 6 and FA Rule C1.

Glad I asked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Won't be seeing Leeds on here for a while. Bodmin threw away 4-1 lead. Gilbert falling out with the crowd. Hanger ons told to get out of Bodmins dug out. Must of cost Bodmin a fortune with the players they brought in and a small fortune in Tamar bridge tolls. What an embarrassment, lol. Well done Camelford, what a display of football. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few of the predictions slightly wrong for the game at Kellaway Park. 

 

After a slow start, Mousehole couldn’t cope with the Helston press. Even at 3-1 down they were still trying to play out from the back in the last 10 minutes... 

 

Another win to add to the winning streak at Helston. On to Saturday now...! COYB 💙

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, MTC said:

Bodmin 4 Camelford 6

 

Has anyone checked on Leeds United? 🤣

37 minutes ago, MTC said:

Bodmin 4 Camelford 6

 

Has anyone checked on Leeds United? 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stopped off to watch the boys in blue again tonight, great game for any football fan ,game was played with great tempo from both teams early on with mousehole taking the 1-0,Helston began to press the seagulls to force errors due to their one dimensional total football style. Helston then went on to win the game 3-1. Sometimes something other than total football is needed,sometimes you just need to win ugly. Attendance of nearly 300 was also great to see,as it would be at any club. Well done both sides for entertaining the crowds.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lovesastrike said:

Stopped off to watch the boys in blue again tonight, great game for any football fan ,game was played with great tempo from both teams early on with mousehole taking the 1-0,Helston began to press the seagulls to force errors due to their one dimensional total football style. Helston then went on to win the game 3-1. Sometimes something other than total football is needed,sometimes you just need to win ugly. Attendance of nearly 300 was also great to see,as it would be at any club. Well done both sides for entertaining the crowds.  

Think you hit the nail on the head. Sometimes you need a plan B. 

Helstons press was brilliant and to do it for 90 minutes is a credit to the players fitness. 

Mousehole punished for own errors, could of been a couple up early doors but for a couple of great saves from the Helston keeper.

Helstons courage, desire and will to win got them the 3 points tonight.

Mousehole unfortunately lacked a bit of all of it and ultimately got what they deserved tonight their first defeat of the season. 

I’m sure they will bounce back after playing two of their rivals in 4 days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Del Boy said:

Think you hit the nail on the head. Sometimes you need a plan B. 

Helstons press was brilliant and to do it for 90 minutes is a credit to the players fitness. 

Mousehole punished for own errors, could of been a couple up early doors but for a couple of great saves from the Helston keeper.

Helstons courage, desire and will to win got them the 3 points tonight.

Mousehole unfortunately lacked a bit of all of it and ultimately got what they deserved tonight their first defeat of the season. 

I’m sure they will bounce back after playing two of their rivals in 4 days. 

Mr Massey obviously a fan of the gegenpress style of play of the champions of Europe. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, silly billy said:

Won't be seeing Leeds on here for a while. Bodmin threw away 4-1 lead. Gilbert falling out with the crowd. Hanger ons told to get out of Bodmins dug out. Must of cost Bodmin a fortune with the players they brought in and a small fortune in Tamar bridge tolls. What an embarrassment, lol. Well done Camelford, what a display of football. 👍

Think I will pop down to Blaize Park on Saturday where Bodmin are the visitors. Should be an easy game for Bodmin as Blazey are certs for relegation . Come on Leeds , let’s be avin ya ! 😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, quiksilver said:

Bring in a ringer has started early this season for Bodmin - must be panic stations already, not that it paid off tonight though 🤣💸💸💸

Anybody got the Bodmin line up from last night? Wasn't on their Twitter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Tribute said:

Think I will pop down to Blaize Park on Saturday where Bodmin are the visitors. Should be an easy game for Bodmin as Blazey are certs for relegation . Come on Leeds , let’s be avin ya ! 😂😂

😂 hopefully Gilby won't be offering a woman in the crowd to "come down here and say that" he didn't do himself any favours. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slightly off topic, but when players turn out in midweek for clubs outside of their own leagues, what involvement do their primary clubs have? For example, with Shane Krac, Adam Carter and Curtis Damerell playing for Peninsula clubs, would they have consulted with Parkway's management first? I know that Damerell needed to get a full game under his belt, and a goal would have done him good, but would they have been worried about Carter picking up an injury? Especially given the hot streak of goal scoring form he is currently in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Anybody got the Bodmin line up from last night? Wasn't on their Twitter.

Jordan Duffey, Vince Wight-Harris-Innis, Tom Annear, Sam Hillson, Lance Bailey, Luke Hunter, Tom Harris, Shane Krac, Adam Carter, Dan Patrick, Scott Kellow
Subs - Lewis Webber, Callum Kenny, Darren Gilbert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Easyyyy said:

Anyone got a match report from the Bodmin v Camelford game! Looks like it would be a good read!

Haven't got a match report. First half was ok. Second half was excellent. Camelford were literally scoring from all over the pitch. Lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cracking match at Jenkins Park last night Millbrook given a real test by a young Ivybridge team who were really unlucky to not score a couple. Ricky Sheperd is the in form striker for Millbrook scoring again and Millbrook working hard as a team showed their experience to battle hard and keep control of the game. Nice to see a good group of supporters from each side and to see Captain Tom Hall of Millbrook on the score sheet. Looking forward to seeing Millbrook play an unbeaten Illfracombe on Saturday especially as Millbrook are going to be missing a few core players. The East division is looking very competitive at the top well done Millbrook 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, John Dunn said:

I was surprised the Callington V Dobwalls game went ahead with all the rain we have had.

Anyone see the game?

Afraid not, but there appears to be some confusion over the scoreline, SWPL website reporting a 3-0 victory for 'Walls'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, SteveM said:

Has anyone checked on Leeds United? 🤣

We heard he's on a mission to find a smaller trophy cabinet, and the cleaner can expect  their hours reduced for next season as it's unlikely there will be much left to polish ! 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

Jordan Duffey, Vince Wight-Harris-Innis, Tom Annear, Sam Hillson, Lance Bailey, Luke Hunter, Tom Harris, Shane Krac, Adam Carter, Dan Patrick, Scott Kellow
Subs - Lewis Webber, Callum Kenny, Darren Gilbert

Krac And Carter probably got paid more than the entire Camels team, the only thing they did was.save Bodmin from an even bigger thrashing . Sometimes you need your.players to play from the heart not the wallet.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hoppit said:

Krac And Carter probably got paid more than the entire Camels team, the only thing they did was.save Bodmin from an even bigger thrashing . Sometimes you need your.players to play from the heart not the wallet.

 

Bodmins Tom Harris always seems to play from the heart. He's about the only one. Puts in a tremendous effort every game. Last night they took him off and then it all went t!ts up for Bodmin. Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Can’t believe parkway are desperate to go up this season so they are letting their top striker and captain play a meaningless midweek game for another team. Ridiculous . 

Posted earlier on this thread about this subject.

 

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 07:26, Del Boy said:

Think you hit the nail on the head. Sometimes you need a plan B. 

Helstons press was brilliant and to do it for 90 minutes is a credit to the players fitness. 

Mousehole punished for own errors, could of been a couple up early doors but for a couple of great saves from the Helston keeper.

Helstons courage, desire and will to win got them the 3 points tonight.

Mousehole unfortunately lacked a bit of all of it and ultimately got what they deserved tonight their first defeat of the season. 

I’m sure they will bounce back after playing two of their rivals in 4 days. 

Listening to latest CS Podcast at the moment. Steve Massey seemed to get a bit niggly when asked by Dave Deacon about bringing in Chris McGrath from Buckland for a one off appearance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Embarrassing bringing in other players from higher leagues and leaving regulars on the bench, been doing with players since he’s

Why aren’t Helston using the so called 20/20 vision and playing/using the all conquering Helston U18s??

Howlett destined for Porthleven after Wednesdays game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...