Torpoint Athletic             3-1         Elburton Villa

Torrington         2-2         Axminster Town

KITCHEN KIT PENINSULA PREMIER DIVISION WEST

St Austell              10-0             St Dennis

Wadebridge Town            2-2              Wendron United

SWPL Premier Division 

Torpoint Athletic 3-1 Elburton Villa 

Att; 82

Torpoint Athletic kept the pressure of the top two teams, Millbrook and Bovey Tracey with this good performance at The Mill on Tuesday night and retained third spot, after Saturday’s slender defeat home to Ilfracombe Town.

Curtis Damerell opened the hosts account on 12 minutes when he lobbed the visiting keeper Jack Dixon from the edge the area, after a superb through ball by Paul Heveran.

On the 34th minute the hosts had a good chance to double their lead when a good cross in from Lewis Young, found Curtis Damerell to head from 10 yards, visiting goal keeper Dixon to put the ball around the post

Just before the interval, a great ball in by Elliot Crawford found Paul Heveran to hit the crossbar.

The men from The Mill, finally doubled their lead just before the hour mark, when Owen Raven shot home from 15 yards after hooking on to a great cross by Danny Zalick.

The match was over as a contest on the 66th minute when, Villa’s Shaun Corbin brought down Damerell in the area, for captain Lee Bevan to convert penalty.

In the last minute of the match, the visitors got a consolation, when they were awarded a penalty, for Elliot Crawford to bring down Nick Aplin who converted the penalty.

What’s gone wrong at St Dennis? Competed in the league last year, has the step been to big to them? Have they lost players? Or do they have lots of injuries?

I watched them last season a couple of times I never would of thought they or anybody would lose double figures in the new league. 

Hope they can turn it around. 

8 hours ago, The Windmill On The Shirt said:

SWPL Premier Division 

Torpoint Athletic 3-1 Elburton Villa 

Att; 82

Torpoint Athletic kept the pressure of the top two teams, Millbrook and Bovey Tracey with this good performance at The Mill on Tuesday night and retained third spot, after Saturday’s slender defeat home to Ilfracombe Town.

Curtis Damerell opened the hosts account on 12 minutes when he lobbed the visiting keeper Jack Dixon from the edge the area, after a superb through ball by Paul Heveran.

On the 34th minute the hosts had a good chance to double their lead when a good cross in from Lewis Young, found Curtis Damerell to head from 10 yards, visiting goal keeper Dixon to put the ball around the post

Just before the interval, a great ball in by Elliot Crawford found Paul Heveran to hit the crossbar.

The men from The Mill, finally doubled their lead just before the hour mark, when Owen Raven shot home from 15 yards after hooking on to a great cross by Danny Zalick.

The match was over as a contest on the 66th minute when, Villa’s Shaun Corbin brought down Damerell in the area, for captain Lee Bevan to convert penalty.

In the last minute of the match, the visitors got a consolation, when they were awarded a penalty, for Elliot Crawford to bring down Nick Aplin who converted the penalty.

Good to see Curtis Damerell getting a goal, and also winning a penalty for the third.

They're not 'ringers' - a Ringer is someone playing under a false identity, usually that of a registered participant.

They're shift-workers, contracted in to do a specific task.

The former is always an ineligible player and illegitimate, the latter only if the player's Contract Status is falsified.

14 hours ago, Paloresow said:

They're not 'ringers' - a Ringer is someone playing under a false identity, usually that of a registered participant.

They're shift-workers, contracted in to do a specific task.

The former is always an ineligible player and illegitimate, the latter only if the player's Contract Status is falsified.

Such a wonderful (if a bit nonsensical) post that he just had to put it on two threads. Oh the enthusiasm of the newby!

[banter or abuse? You decide]

1 hour ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Such a wonderful (if a bit nonsensical) post that he just had to put it on two threads. Oh the enthusiasm of the newby!

[banter or abuse? You decide]

Neither banter nor abuse. Nor nonsensical - unless you are 100% sure that those players were playing under false identities, of course. Prior to posting, I did give consideration as to the duplication but the simple fact is that within two-ten minutes, two identical posts were made [by two different users] containing the same incorrect use of language and the very same incorrect term has been widely used by different people.

Calling legitimately registered players "Ringers" is inappropriate and wrong.

Borderline Defamation, if one of those players were to take umbrage, as a matter of fact.

As a True Blue Corinthian, who happily turned down Contracts to stay Corinthian, one doesn't disagree with the sentiments - merely the noun.

38 minutes ago, Paloresow said:

Neither banter nor abuse. Nor nonsensical - unless you are 100% sure that those players were playing under false identities, of course. Prior to posting, I did give consideration as to the duplication but the simple fact is that within two-ten minutes, two identical posts were made [by two different users] containing the same incorrect use of language and the very same incorrect term has been widely used by different people.

Calling legitimately registered players "Ringers" is inappropriate and wrong.

Borderline Defamation, if one of those players were to take umbrage, as a matter of fact.

As a True Blue Corinthian, who happily turned down Contracts to stay Corinthian, one doesn't disagree with the sentiments - merely the noun.

whether it be proper use of language, "ringers" in local football is given when a player who doesnt usually play for the club on a weekly basis (usually a player from a higher league), plays for the club, which tends to be a midweek game. Call it what you like but thats what its always been known as

Wrong.

You seem to not understand the language. You don't get to redefine words to suit your own tastes.

I will re-state it again, because you and others who are using a specific term wrongly again and clapping each other on the back for being wrong, reckless and seem desirous to continue in that vein.

It is Defamatory.

Repeated incorrect use of a specific term of art exposes the operators of this site, and the person making the post, to Legal Jeopardy. If the persons using that specific term are doing so, a) knowing it to be false, or b) with reckless disregard, then those people will find out how wrong they were in an expensive way.

Personally, I don't think that's fair on the people running the site, the players involved, or those innocent people who will find that the forum disappears overnight with a big red seal from the Queen's Bench attached to an Injunction.

If you've been using the wrong word for the wrong thing in the past, that does not make it correct.

Please stop acting in a Defamatory manner to players who are identifiable [indeed, specifically named] or someone will come along at some point and show you how wrong you have been all along. Honestly, you will find out very quickly in such a circumstance. All of this is being watched by the players involved and people who have the money and time to demonstrate to you and others just how wrong you are.

How pedantic! As SCFC points out, rather clearly I thought, the term has come to mean exactly what he explained, through extensive usage. The English language is a dynamic ever changing and developing language with only the occasional pedant trying to hold back the tide. 

I laughed long and hard at your preposterous suggestion that our learned friends from the judicial world might come stomping onto the forum bearing injunctions. It really is not going to happen.

I feel that your extensive outpouring of posts over the last couple of days has quite exhausted you. I suggest a long lie down in a darkened room!

Not intended as criticism or abuse, just some friendly advice.

Very best wishes for a speedy recovery. B.T.E.

25 minutes ago, Paloresow said:

Wrong.

You seem to not understand the language. You don't get to redefine words to suit your own tastes.

I will re-state it again, because you and others who are using a specific term wrongly again and clapping each other on the back for being wrong, reckless and seem desirous to continue in that vein.

It is Defamatory.

Repeated incorrect use of a specific term of art exposes the operators of this site, and the person making the post, to Legal Jeopardy. If the persons using that specific term are doing so, a) knowing it to be false, or b) with reckless disregard, then those people will find out how wrong they were in an expensive way.

Personally, I don't think that's fair on the people running the site, the players involved, or those innocent people who will find that the forum disappears overnight with a big red seal from the Queen's Bench attached to an Injunction.

If you've been using the wrong word for the wrong thing in the past, that does not make it correct.

Please stop acting in a Defamatory manner to players who are identifiable [indeed, specifically named] or someone will come along at some point and show you how wrong you have been all along. Honestly, you will find out very quickly in such a circumstance. All of this is being watched by the players involved and people who have the money and time to demonstrate to you and others just how wrong you are.

Really? 🤣

1. Dictionary
  2. Look it up
    pedantic
    [pɪˈdantɪk]
    ADJECTIVE
    1. excessively concerned with minor details or rules; overscrupulous.
      "his analyses are careful and even painstaking, but never pedantic"

17 minutes ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

How pedantic! As SCFC points out, rather clearly I thought, the term has come to mean exactly what he explained, through extensive usage. The English language is a dynamic ever changing and developing language with only the occasional pedant trying to hold back the tide. 

I laughed long and hard at your preposterous suggestion that our learned friends from the judicial world might come stomping onto the forum bearing injunctions. It really is not going to happen.

I feel that your extensive outpouring of posts over the last couple of days has quite exhausted you. I suggest a long lie down in a darkened room!

Not intended as criticism or abuse, just some friendly advice.

Very best wishes for a speedy recovery. B.T.E.

It's not pedantic, it's the law.

The judiciary won't come a-stomping, someone with time and money who is annoyed at being accused of fraud will pay someone a lot less, in order to bring a case, than it would take to defend. In Defamation cases, a reverse burden of proof applies.

It's called a chilling effect on free speech and England is the global venue of choice for it.

It's a simple request, from someone who sympathises with the point being made - don't go around accusing people of fraud.

10 minutes ago, Dewnens Henhwedhel said:
  1. Dictionary
    Look it up
    pedantic
    [pɪˈdantɪk]

ADJECTIVE
    1. excessively concerned with minor details or rules; overscrupulous.
      "his analyses are careful and even painstaking, but never pedantic"

Look at the synonyms - happy with those.

Gladly a pedant and have had quite a few Defamation cases -  quite happy with my end of things.

19 minutes ago, Paloresow said:

Ea.

And none of the Statutory Defences apply.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2013/26/contents/enacted

Ringer, Noun, 2nd definition.png

Please note; Slang......... I really don’t see the judiciary jumping up and down over a slang definition. The very point of slang is that it is an extension to an accepted definition and thus SCFCs’ definition of a ringer, backed up as it is by extensive common usage, is just as valid as any other slang definition. Simples!

In the extraordinary situation that somebody could find a barrister to bring such a case, I think a first year law student could get it thrown out of court using definition 3 d). The musician example can easily be used in this circumstance, such as.

A substitute or addition,  as a professional footballer hired to strengthen a small town football club. 

“We hired a semi- professional footballer to strengthen out team for a midweek game”  

Further, according to Massey on the CS weekly podcast, Hugh Howlett was not 100% fit for Wednesday,  plus McGrath has been a signed Helston player for sometime. But let’s not allow the facts to get in the way of the truth.

Throughout this forum (and in every club around the country) players who play whilst not registered or under a false name are highlighted as ‘illegal’ and players who are parachuted in from higher ranked teams to win certain games are highlighted as ‘ringers’. The clubs, fans and players themselves know this and there is certainly no serious harm to a players reputation as a consequence - most players consider it a matter of pride to be held in such esteem. As many are paid, there is also no suggestion of them suffering financial loss as a consequence - so there is no defamation, at very worst a poor use of certain definitions of a word  

A little knowledge of a topic is not always a good thing. 

I have intentionally cut back on match reports and comments as I am fed up of the antic of some (it used to be the likes of Big Al’s continual goes at Falmouth or the FA) who totally distract from discussions about local football - and now new additions, who whilst obviously having a right to voice their opinions, do little, for me, to further my enjoyment of local football. 

Its a shame as match reports and rivalries about football have noticeably dropped and pointless garbage increased (IMO). 

49 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

I have intentionally cut back on match reports and comments as I am fed up of the antic of some (it used to be the likes of Big Al’s continual goes at Falmouth or the FA) who totally distract from discussions about local football - and now new additions, who whilst obviously having a right to voice their opinions, do little, for me, to further my enjoyment of local football. 

Sorry to read this Bob. Have to agree that it's a shame that genuine attempts to discuss and debate footballing topics get ambushed! I really do wonder why?

As for the newbies that suddenly appear and post with a gusto - in this day and age when people suggest there isn't enough time to do anything, why waste time writing what is primarily absolute irrelevant rubbish.

Any suggestions as to what can be done - perhaps DM me with your thoughts and ideas.

On 11/10/2019 at 17:38, Bobjfh said:

Throughout this forum (and in every club around the country) players who play whilst not registered or under a false name are highlighted as ‘illegal’ and players who are parachuted in from higher ranked teams to win certain games are highlighted as ‘ringers’. The clubs, fans and players themselves know this and there is certainly no serious harm to a players reputation as a consequence - most players consider it a matter of pride to be held in such esteem. As many are paid, there is also no suggestion of them suffering financial loss as a consequence - so there is no defamation, at very worst a poor use of certain definitions of a word  

A little knowledge of a topic is not always a good thing. 

Its a shame as match reports and rivalries about football have noticeably dropped and pointless garbage increased (IMO). 

I had noticed your reports had dwindled in recent weeks. Have rarely watched the Camels play this year so was always nice to get an update each week. Hoping you can ignore the BS on here and continue as you were as i for one enjoy reading your match reports, along with any other match reports posted on here👍