Cornwall Football Forum

NO MORE PERSONAL UNPLEASANTRIES!

Dave Deacon

I’m getting too many people contacting me now saying that they don’t come on the forum much anymore.

One of the reasons given is that there are too many unpleasant personal comments.

Comments about football playing performances are fair enough but personal comments are upsetting to see for the person it is aimed at and also probably more upsetting to family members.

It is indeed the age of “keyboard warriors” and it is a disease of social media outlets, but for the remainder of time that I am to be an administrator on this forum, I have decided that as from today onwards to delete any personal detrimental posts made by a contributor who posts under a made-up name.

I am not prepared any more to see this forum become a place for abusive and/or aggressive posts by those who conceal their true identity.

Dave Deacon

7th October 2019

Well done Dave , we had to shut down our league forum some seasons ago because of repeated abuse of the league committee and certain clubs and players .In spite of repeated warnings about the possibility of closure it continued .I read other forums and am appalled at the childish comments that appear on them , particularly the BBC sport one  . I hope this one never drops down to that level , although unfortunately , as our league , found , there are people out there who delight in being offensive and hide behind a key board  

32 minutes ago, Martin McHugh said:

Just make everyone post under their own name instead of hiding,   that would solve a lot of the childish behaviour.

MQx

Yep - that's been discussed before too.

For anyone who wishes to post under their real name, all you have to do is when you're logged in - up in the top right of the screen, click on settings and the option to change your display name is there.

I'm easy with people not changing though. However if any of their posts step over the line as mentioned above - they'll be removed as far as I'm concerned.

Banter is a two way thing, abuse is not. The definition is not difficult to grasp.

If your interlocutor is not "bantering" with you, the chances are that your behaviour is unacceptable.

Edited by Paloresow
* use of the word 'you' is not aimed at anyone BTW

1 hour ago, BIG AL said:

Surely a forum is for comments whether you personally like themor not. Some pay good money to keep this forum going!

Personal insults unrelated to football are not acceptable.

Obviously we appreciate every penny that has been given in aid of the forum, but this doesn't allow the donors to personally abuse others, especially when they hide behind fictitious names.

There are many more that we are missing out on receiving donations from because they are fed up with the unnecessary personal attacks on here!