DIVISION THREE             

Biscovey             5-0         St Anns Chapel

Bude Town Thirds           3-0         Roche Reserves

Grampound       0-0         St Columb Major

Gunnislake Reserves      2-8         St Dominick Reserves

Queens Rangers              0-0         Delabole United

St Mawgan Reserves      2-1         North Petherwin Reserves

CORNWALL AIRPORT NEWQUAY DUCHY LEAGUE

Holywell/Cubert still seek a first point of the season in the Premier Division after a 3-1 home defeat by Boscastle. Holywell took a 20th minute lead with a fantastic finish from the left wing by 16-year-old Kai Watson. The lead wasn’t to last as James Bosley was sent through one on one to finish well. The game remained at one all until well into the second half before injuries and fatigue took its toll on Holywell as they conceded a second as Dan Capstick lobbed a nice finish. Holywell recovered and went close twice but left themselves open at the back and with five minutes to go Myles Harrison finished the game off.

Saltash United Thirds beat Lostwithiel 3-1. The hosts scored all their goals in the first half from Lewis Head and a Jake Ahanonu brace. Lostwithiel fought back after the interval and managed to pull one goal back scored by Jon Harris.

St Newlyn East were held goalless at home by Altarnon. This was an evenly fought game. Neither side were capable of finishing the chances they created, and a draw was a fair result.

Tintagel fought back from two down at half time to Tregrehan Mills with a Shaun Keeble brace levelling the scores, only to lose the game 2-3 in the very last minute. Glyn James scored a brace for Tregrehan with Martyn Cockcroft putting through his own goal.

St Breward fell to a first defeat of the season in a superb game at Stoke Climsland. The hosts won a see-saw contest 6-5 and at no time in the game was there more than one goal between the teams. Jamie Campbell, Jake Bellison, Phil Burgoyne, Josh Pope, Joshua Hookins and a Rob Marks own goal for Stoke Climsland with Martin Jago with a hat trick and Adam Bennett and Jamie Barrett replying for St Breward.

In Division One Gorran were 3-0 winners at home to Pensilva. Sam Rowe hit a brace with Parker Ives-Cabie completing their scoring.

Lifton with a much-changed side from last week played the better football from the outset and went ahead through Tom Hancock at home to FC Tavyside. The visitors got back into the game against the run of play with a tap into an empty net by Graham Galway. Just before half time Hancock put Lifton back in the lead with a vicious shot from ten yards. The second half continued with Lifton playing the better football and extended their lead when Connor Everitt latched on to a rebound off the keeper. Tavyside grew into the game and cut the deficit to one goal with a penalty from Galway. With Tavyside pressing for a third Nathan Farrer stepped up and scored with a speculative shot from 30 yards to give Lifton a 4-2 win.

Foxhole reserves won 6-5 at Mevagissey with the winning goal coming from the penalty spot in the last minute. The home scorers were Brandon Chapman with a hat trick, Brandon Trudgeon and Lloyd Grose.

Steve Hackett scored four goals as Bude Town reserves went top of Division Two on goal difference hitting nine without reply at home to Lifton reserves. Bradley Palmer and Steve Box added a brace apiece with Ryan Leverton completing the rout.

Southgate Seniors drop to second despite thrashing Boscastle reserves 8-1. Craig Charnock and Anthony Coles scored a brace apiece with the other home goals scored by Liam Cairns, Wayne Francome, Josh Barron and Mark Wilson. The Boscastle consolation came from Matt Joliffe.

Nanpean Rovers were seven nil winners at St Eval Spitfires. Jordi Willmott scored a brace with Jordan Friendship, Kyle Willmott, Sam Truscott, George Bartlett adding a goal apiece and Steve Masters putting through his own goal.

Callum Oldham scored four times as St Stephen reserves won 7-2 at St Cleer reserves. Charlie Stone, Ben Jones and Matt Hammer completed the visitors tally with Dave Hawke and Ian Thomas replying for St Cleer.

Lostwithiel reserves went down to an 8-2 defeat at home to Calstock with Ben Williams scoring five of the visitor’s goals. Finn Phillips and Jason Ridgment added further goals for Calstock with Ronan Cummings and Jordan Richards getting the Lostwithiel consolation goals.

North Hill went down 5-1 at home to Week St Mary. Dan Otter was the home scorer.

St Dominick reserves maintained their 100 per cent start in Division Three with an impressive 8-2 win at neighbours Gunnislake reserves. Kieren Jasper hit a hat trick with Kieran Ryall adding a brace for the visitors. Their scoring was completed by Sam Nicholson, Kane Thomas and Tarren Walsh with Liam Bryant and Darren Sambells replying for Gunnislake.

The eagerly anticipated clash between Grampound and St Columb Major ended in a goal less draw. St Columb had the majority of possession without creating a great deal of chances. Grampound were forced to defend strongly in the second half with the highlight a fantastic fingertip save from Grampound keeper Ryan Henderson.

Bude Town Thirds secured a third win in four games when beating Roche 3-0. Yassan Cook, Sean Manning and Ben Trenaman were the scorers.

A first win for Biscovey after their return to the league. They beat St Anns Chapel 5-0 with Harry Moss getting a brace and further goals from Matt Waller, Joe Gronwalt and Jack Williams.

Queens Rangers and Delabole United fought out an entertaining goal less draw. The visitors had the majority of possession but failed to provide any finish with Zac George in the Queens goal in outstanding form. Queens actually created the better chances and saw a goal bound effort cleared off the line near the end. All in all, a good sporting contest with a draw a fair result and a good performance from referee John Raikes.

St Mawgan reserves secured a first win beating North Petherwin reserves 2-1. Martin Ratcliff and an own goal for St Mawgan with Jordan Karkeek replying for Petherwin.

Division Three

Biscovey  5-0 St Ann's Chapel

Ten man Saints gave a good account of themselves in the first half sharing the play and having a couple of chances to stay in the game but it was Biscovey who led 2 nil at the break.

A third straight from the re-start killed the game off and the home side looked in control but only added two more goals.

Nothing too contentious for the stand-in official today - thanks go to 'LW' for stepping up so the game could go ahead.

2 hours ago, Footballlover442 said:

Lostwithiel Res 2 calstock 8

Just going to forget that ever happened. Awful ref cheating linesman and a poor losty performance. We go again next week

Duchy League really need to address the lino situation for the second week running we’ve been done over by a substitute constantly cheating just to give his team the advantage. 

Lifton 1st 4-2 tavyside

a much changed lifton side from last week  controlled the majority of the game. 
Tavyside came back in to it at 3-1 and then at 3-2 looked likely to get a point with a lot of pressure but a lifton cb stepped forward and put the contest out of there hands with a 30 yard shot with 5 to go. 

Grampound 0-0 St Columb Major 

I really do have to laugh at that report saying "St Columb Major didn't create many chances" I mean wow are you ******* kidding me??? Hit the bar 3 times, missed about 4 headers from 5 yards. The Grampound keeper was there best player by a mile and saved them. Grampound players keeping the ball in thr corners with 20 mins still left on the clock etc, they knew they were being battered literally lol. Who ever made that report needs to give there head a wobble 😂 😂 St Columb keeper didn't make a save all game ffs lol. 

Duchy League division 2

St Eval 0
Nanpean Rovers 7 

I don’t really know what I can say about today’s game. The result says it all really st eval never got going and were punished by a very good Nanpean side who played some good football and score 7 very good goals. 

Just like to say a big thank you to Jim Hilton for stepping in and reffing and good luck to Nanpean for the rest of there season!

1 hour ago, robbie keane said:

Duchy League really need to address the lino situation for the second week running we’ve been done over by a substitute constantly cheating just to give his team the advantage. 

There’s not enough refs to go around; what do you expect the league to about bloody lino’s?!

Went to mevagissey vs foxhole game today and was a good scoring game  being 6-5 to foxhole. Young mevagissey side to the lead multiple times to go in at half time leading 3-2. Second half 3 very quick goals from foxhole took them in the lead and again mevagissey responded with 2 goals making it 5-5 and then a penalty to foxhole late on won it for them making it 6-5. Referee tony Ford made the game all about himself. Blew his whistle non stop and booked about 7 players with not 1 going in the sin bin which I thought was the whole point of the new sin bin rule. Good result in the ene for foxes who had the ref against them from the off.

36 minutes ago, StEvalSpitfires said:

Duchy League division 2

St Eval 0
Nanpean Rovers 7 

I don’t really know what I can say about today’s game. The result says it all really st eval never got going and were punished by a very good Nanpean side who played some good football and score 7 very good goals. 

Just like to say a big thank you to Jim Hilton for stepping in and reffing and good luck to Nanpean for the rest of there season!

Thought Jim done a good job of reffing the game today. Pass on our thanks to him, good luck for the season. 

1 minute ago, Bythesea123 said:

Went to mevagissey vs foxhole game today and was a good scoring game  being 6-5 to foxhole. Young mevagissey side to the lead multiple times to go in at half time leading 3-2. Second half 3 very quick goals from foxhole took them in the lead and again mevagissey responded with 2 goals making it 5-5 and then a penalty to foxhole late on won it for them making it 6-5. Referee tony Ford made the game all about himself. Blew his whistle non stop and booked about 7 players with not 1 going in the sin bin which I thought was the whole point of the new sin bin rule. Good result in the ene for foxes who had the ref against them from the off.

Were any of the bookings for dissent? 

That’s the only offence that’s dealt with via the sin bin!

17 minutes ago, Titus Bramble said:

There’s not enough refs to go around; what do you expect the league to about bloody lino’s?!

Couldn't agree more. Prehaps if these people who come on here complaining about referees/linos, actually tried themselves they made appreciate what a difficult job it is. This is also the reason why the county is struggling for officials because the abuse they get off people that can't be bothered to do it.

45 minutes ago, The Boy said:

Couldn't agree more. Prehaps if these people who come on here complaining about referees/linos, actually tried themselves they made appreciate what a difficult job it is. This is also the reason why the county is struggling for officials because the abuse they get off people that can't be bothered to do it.

Grampound players giving St Columb Major lino abuse today also! I agree, I can see why people don't want to do it if they get abuse all the time! I mean after all they are helping out ain't they?? 

7 hours ago, Footballlover442 said:

Lostwithiel Res 2 calstock 8

Just going to forget that ever happened. Awful ref cheating linesman and a poor losty performance. We go again next week

No surprise here whatsoever. Calstock got away with this nonsense last season and it's reared it's ugly head again in Duchy 2. So petty the 'win at all costs' rhetoric that some small pub teams adopt. 

4 hours ago, The Boy said:

I think you will find there is more abuse at refs in the higher league, and peninsula league football having 3 officials is a joke. 

11 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Surely if it's that obvious, the ref should notice?  

Unfortunately the young ref we had today was being assessed today and had an absolute nightmare but we’ve had him previously and he’s a decent ref. 

7 hours ago, Roche Raider said:

No surprise here whatsoever. Calstock got away with this nonsense last season and it's reared it's ugly head again in Duchy 2. So petty the 'win at all costs' rhetoric that some small pub teams adopt. 

10 hours ago, Paul Collings said:

Just what exactly do you think the league should do ?

Let’s get every club providing a qualified lino it’s not that difficult to find someone. 

IF there is enough demand for a 'qualified linesman's' course I am sure the League could arrange something with Cornwall FA, the LMC is meeting with the new Referees Development Officer next week and I will raise the subject.

Half the teams that I watch seem to use their substitutes for the job and change them throughout the game, most of these don't want to be doing it and have little idea how to do it properly - so i would welcome some training.

However, I'm not sure how that will stop 'cheating' and I actually think IT WOULD  be really difficult for the majority of clubs to find someone.

More important at the moment would be to get some older players onto refereeing courses - and probably best to keep criticism of the few official ones we have left to ourselves!

14 minutes ago, Paul Collings said:

IF there is enough demand for a 'qualified linesman's' course I am sure the League could arrange something with Cornwall FA, the LMC is meeting with the new Referees Development Officer next week and I will raise the subject.

Half the teams that I watch seem to use their substitutes for the job and change them throughout the game, most of these don't want to be doing it and have little idea how to do it properly - so i would welcome some training.

However, I'm not sure how that will stop 'cheating' and I actually think IT WOULD  be really difficult for the majority of clubs to find someone.

More important at the moment would be to get some older players onto refereeing courses - and probably best to keep criticism of the few official ones we have left to ourselves!

Paul, some very wise words there!! It is hard enough for some clubs to field 11 players let alone get a person prepared to suffer abuse sometimes from players for no reward whatsoever!! Really do think that a few more experienced players should think of taking up the whistle after their playing days come to a natural end.

1 hour ago, Paul Collings said:

I agree Paul most clubs struggle to find 11 players every week. I must add my congratulations to Saltash on comfortably beating us yesterday. They will climb our league with there squad and several subs. They did not look like a struggling side yesterday.

1 hour ago, BryJayLew said:

Paul, some very wise words there!! It is hard enough for some clubs to field 11 players let alone get a person prepared to suffer abuse sometimes from players for no reward whatsoever!! Really do think that a few more experienced players should think of taking up the whistle after their playing days come to a natural end.

Problem is quite a few cases it's the "experienced" players that are doing the abusing 

14 hours ago, Rjw87 said:

Grampound players giving St Columb Major lino abuse today also! I agree, I can see why people don't want to do it if they get abuse all the time! I mean after all they are helping out ain't they?? 

St Columb gave the officials far more abuse than Grampound did yesterday. The only time the St Columb Lino was spoken to was when he ignored the ball going out of play by about a foot during a promising St Columb attack and when the ball went out by 15 yards shortly afterwards was asked if it was out. Was banter in my opinion. Definitely not any form of “abuse.”

Tintagel 2-3 Tregrehan Mills.

(Glyn James 2, one OG)

9 players away and scraping around for players until 10pm Friday eve, this was never going to be an easy task against an experienced and physical Tintagel side. At half time we were 2-0 up and coasting, thanks in no small part to our hosts cb's backside finish! We had numerous chances and another goal disallowed for offside. Half time team talk was along the lines of "more of the same". Then, the following happened. One of our stand in players disagreed with the decision and foolishly called the ref something unsavoury and was justifiably (if harshly) shown the red card. No qualms at all until the ref also awarded them a penalty for the same offence. As I understand it, it should have been an indirect freekick? This confused us and any help from this forum would be appreciated. Another penalty (this time stonewall) after our cbs heavy touch and it appeared our bogey team had got the best of us again. 2-2 and even with 10 men we didn't really looked troubled. On 88 mins another break saw our cf break through, round the keeper and finish. 3-2 . Huge celebrations. We saw it out to take all three points. Our first win at Tintagel as a club but an afternoon made less comfortable thanks to a bizarre decision with the award of the penalty. The Tintagel boys are always good value and fierce competitors but great fun in the bar after, as we believe it should be. Great hosts and we look forward to repaying the hospitality later in the season. Very satisfying result with our severely depleted squad.

Two great results for Southgate FC this weekend!!

Southgate FC 8-1 Bostcastle reserves - Sat 5th Oct - Duchy Div 2

After a 2 week break Southgate FC came out flying and very quickly put Bostcastle on the back foot with some good football and continuous pressure. The first goal came within 10 minutes after RB Lee Robinson swung a deep cross into the box which was headed home by Captain Craig Charnock, who shortly after added another goal from a well worked freekick. Continuing to pressure Bostcastles goal the away keeper made some great saves but after Adam Scott was fouled in the box, Liam Cairns converted the penalty making it 3-0 just before the half. Southgate FC continued to dominate the game in the second half and added another 5 goals to their tally with some well worked football, Wayne Francome, Mark Wilson and Josh Barron got a goal apiece and Anthony Coles scored a brace. Bostcastle managed to get a goal back with a wonder strike from 35 Yards out. Thanks to Bostcastle for coming down and in good spirits in the pub after, look forward to seeing you down your place later on in the season.

Pensilva 2-5 Southgate FC - Sun 6th Oct - Launceston Cup

The first round had Southgate FC travel away to Pensilva who we previously had some very close results with last year. First point to note on arrival was the state of Pensilva's pitch which was very overgrown and lines all over the place to which the manager stated to me "That's because I did it when I was pissed", once the official arrived I had a discussion with him and still decided to go ahead with the game but it could have easily been cancelled, not impressed.

The game started fairly even with both teams having some possession but Southgate started to get a foothold in the game and played some good football, Craig Charnock then finished off a well worked move with a well timed volley making it 1-0 to Southgate going into half time. Pensilva then had the advantage of the slope in the second half and surprised Southgate with 2 quick goals taking Pensilva into the lead. Southgate then had to dig deep with battling up hill and a goal behind but got back into the game after Wayne Francome hit a volley from a corner which was heading into the top corner only to be deliberately hand balled by the Pensilva captain to deny the goal but giving the ref no choice other than to award a penalty to Southgate and send the player off (great save though I must say). Liam Cairns then converted the penalty, giving Southgate the momentum and taking full advantage of the extra man we continued the pressure, Pensilva's young goal keeper made some great saves but then Wayne Francome scored a great solo goal after shrugging off 2 Pensilva defenders and putting the ball into the bottom corner. Southgate then got awarded another penalty after a vicious tackle on Adam Scott in the area, which Pensilva did not respond well to and quickly surrounded the ref, with some strong words from one play which ended up with him going in the Sin Bin only for Southgate to miss the penalty. Despite the penatly being missed and one of his other players in the Sin Bin already, another Pensilva playing continued to argue with the ref which ended with him in the Sin Bin as well. Pensilva being down to 8 men now, Southgate scored another 2 goals and the game ended Pensilva 2-5 Southgate FC. Thanks to Bryan Holden for reffing, had great control of the game as always and good to see the Sin Bin being enforced for the correct reasons.

A great weekend for Southgate FC! Continuing our great unbeaten form with 6 consecutive wins.

On 06/10/2019 at 13:34, TruMiller said:

Tintagel 2-3 Tregrehan Mills.

(Glyn James 2, one OG)

9 players away and scraping around for players until 10pm Friday eve, this was never going to be an easy task against an experienced and physical Tintagel side. At half time we were 2-0 up and coasting, thanks in no small part to our hosts cb's backside finish! We had numerous chances and another goal disallowed for offside. Half time team talk was along the lines of "more of the same". Then, the following happened. One of our stand in players disagreed with the decision and foolishly called the ref something unsavoury and was justifiably (if harshly) shown the red card. No qualms at all until the ref also awarded them a penalty for the same offence. As I understand it, it should have been an indirect freekick? This confused us and any help from this forum would be appreciated. Another penalty (this time stonewall) after our cbs heavy touch and it appeared our bogey team had got the best of us again. 2-2 and even with 10 men we didn't really looked troubled. On 88 mins another break saw our cf break through, round the keeper and finish. 3-2 . Huge celebrations. We saw it out to take all three points. Our first win at Tintagel as a club but an afternoon made less comfortable thanks to a bizarre decision with the award of the penalty. The Tintagel boys are always good value and fierce competitors but great fun in the bar after, as we believe it should be. Great hosts and we look forward to repaying the hospitality later in the season. Very satisfying result with our severely depleted squad.

A slightly delayed answer to your question...

F5968246-8B71-49D0-84DB-6A69742BF784.jpeg