CHAMPIONSHIP

Mawnan Reserves         1-0           Illogan RBL Thirds

DIVISION 1

Holman Sports Club Reserves          0-5           Frogpool & Cusgarne Reserves

DIVISION 2

Falmouth United                6-1             Stithians Reserves

St Ives Town Reserves       3-3             Threemilestone Reserves

ARTHUR PEARCE CUP

Probus Reserves  2-2             Constantine Reserves  (Probus win 10-9 on pens)

Troon Reserves    0-4             Goonhavern Athletic Reserves

PERCY STEPHENS CUP

Camborne School Of Mines          2-0            Probus

Falmouth DC        4-3             St Buryan

Frogpool & Cusgarne         2-1             Lizard Argyle Reserves

Goonhavern Athletic        2-2            Four Lanes  (5-4 to Four Lanes on pen)

Lanner   6-2           St Keverne

Gwinear Churchtown       14-2          Ludgvan Reserves

Newlyn Lions       5-1             Troon

Redruth United Reserves  0-3             West Cornwall Football Club

St Agnes Thirds    1-6             Mawnan

St Erme  7-1             Mullion Reserves

St Ives Mariners  4-3             Constantine

St Just    3-1            New Inn Titans

Stithians             4-2          Rosudgeon Reserves

Chacewater        9-0            Storm

Threemilestone   8-0            Newlyn Non-Athletico

Tregony             1-4        Holman Sports Club

Wendron United Fourths  1-3           St Day Thirds

Percy Stephens Cup.

Threemilestone 8, Newlyn non Ath. 0.

The visitors playing with 10 men got off to the worst possible start, with a defensive mistake in the 1st minute giving Joel Snape a chance to run in on goal and shoot past the keeper.  Threemilestone had plenty of chances to add to the score but a mixture of determined defending from the Newlyn 10 ten men, poor finishing from Tms and good goalkeeping kept the score at 1-0 untill the 40th minute when good work down the left created room for a good cross which was tapped in at the back post by Tom Goodman. 

Second half Threemilestone were on top right from the kick off and about 10 minutes in Martyn Jay drove in the 3rd from the 18 yard line. 

A few minutes later the Newlyn no6 was sinned binned for giving the ref a bit of verbal and this was the nail in Newlyns coffin. The 9 men of Newlyn were being overrun and 3 goals in a five minute spell put the game beyond doubt, the first was the goal of the game as Snape took down a ball into the box on his chest and as the ball came down turned and smashed it past the keeper on the volley. Goal five was scored by Joe Carlyon who fired in from the left of the penalty area, and the sixth was scored by Callum Sidwell. Martyn Jay scored number 7 from inside the 6 yard box although the defender may have booted it over the line? 

The final goal was scored by Snape from the penalty spot after a Threemilestone free kick on the edge of the box was charged down but with hands raised.

Joint Manager Matt Kemp replaced Snape up front for the final 10 minutes for a rare appearance but was not able to add to the score to mark his birthday.

Newlyn's ten players worked their socks off throughout and were a credit to their club and their keeper was man of the match for them. 

Att 11.  

14 minutes ago, MARKSY said:

I believe frogpool Won 5-0 

Holmans 1 st at Tregony  won 4-1. Biggest shout out to stand in Ref who was outstanding 

I'd second that comment Dave, he was excellent. Holmans well worthy of their win, spurned a number of chances which would have made it a more comprehensive win. No disgrace to Tregony who competed to the end. Good luck to Holmans in the next round, they look like they have it in them to win something this season.

2 hours ago, plainlazy said:

chacewater will take some stopping. Good bunch of lads as well. Brilliantly ref'd, people slate them but he was superb! 

I think we were all a little underwhelmed at our performance today. First half was really rather sluggish and not up to the standard we expect from ourselves. Second half looked much better (from my perspective), some lovely stuff towards the end and could have put another few away. 

Thanks to the Storm lads for the game, they worked hard and gave us a good run for a while.

Shout out to Martin Eddy (@Postman Pat) for reffing us; calm and collected throughout. Proper job! :D

4 minutes ago, rgkeep said:

I think we were all a little underwhelmed at our performance today. First half was really rather sluggish and not up to the standard we expect from ourselves. Second half looked much better (from my perspective), some lovely stuff towards the end and could have put another few away. 

Thanks to the Storm lads for the game, they worked hard and gave us a good run for a while.

Shout out to Martin Eddy (@Postman Pat) for reffing us; calm and collected throughout. Proper job! :D

Thanks Russell made a few mistakes but tried talking to the players when I gave a decision. 

Just now, Postman Pat said:

Thanks Russell made a few mistakes but tried talking to the players when I gave a decision. 

None of us can ask for anything more!! Pretty sure we all made some mistakes, especially some sketchy keeper getting done for kicking from his hands *almost* outside his box!! :D:D 

Percy Stevens cup
Gwin 14-2 Ludgvan

We played well and took our chances. 
Billy Foster
Ash Mellows
Gavin Russell
Luke Barber
Anthony Leak
Josh Bevis
Ted Mulhearn

Into the next round with a decent performance, well done to ludgvan, never stopped trying and good luck to them for the season. 

MOTM James Stevens
DOTD James Stevens, foul throw 🙈

Big game next week, titans away. 

Just wanted to mention i reffed lanner v st keverne and I couldn’t of asked for a better bunch to officiate. Great attitude from both sides both captains great role models for their respective sides. Don’t recall a nasty challenge or any real back chat. Both linesman very honest don’t recall even having an offside so well done 👍 

On 09/10/2019 at 11:53, Postman Pat said:

Is there a law on what you call your teams, our development team is where we bring players on to support our St. Pirans team. As we only have two Saturday teams it’s irrelevant about the name of our next team 🤓

Nope. Definitely says reserves 😲😂

Screenshot_20191010-121752_Facebook.jpg

• 1 month later...