Cornwall Football Forum

New management at Perranporth

4 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Just read down through this thread and just want to say DannyO is a good mate of mine and I think for anyone that doesn’t know him he may have come across a bit different than the bloke he actually is! For all he’s achieved in the game he never mentions it and if you ask anyone who’s played with Danny he’s certainly no big time Charlie and will come into any dressing room and just fit in and mix with the lads. He keeps himself fit and disciplined a reason why he’s still playing well at 43. We obviously chat quite a bit about local football and to be fair Perranporth have been unlucky with a few decisions so far this season which was promising a lot but has turned out disappointing so far with Lee stepping down and indifferent results allied to main rivals St.Day and Penryn going really well it’s been a frustrating time but Danny’s a respectful lad which you will see when you watch him play the game anytime. Think his comments have been a bit misconstrued and I wouldn’t want anyone thinking of Danny as anyone but a top bloke by the way this thread has come over. On the ref debate I think now is the time we all need to treat them with the utmost respect and look after them a bit if we can, just look at the shortage filtering down through the leagues, and as for the club linesmen and women like Dave says they’re hero’s in my book, absolute gold dust!! The likes of Stevie that are there every game in all winds and weathers we need to wrap up in cotton wool!! I was at a game last Saturday where the striker was 3 yards onside when he tapped the ball in and myself and one of the hosts crowd both agreed on the decision but there was no way I could “have a go” when you saw the young lady soaked wet through, rain in her eyes, probably freezing cold, every other decision that half correct, giving up her Saturday afternoon! Is it really that important it was 1-1 a minute before half time in the grand scheme of things!? Anyway well done to our refs and linesmen who do their best every week so there can be a game of football and for anyone that doesn’t know DannyO personally he’s a great lad trust me 👍

Retired now Rappo , walking football taking up my time  , hoping to become a ref  in this version  ,  Chairman  / sec of my club Penwith  Nomads   find us on Facebook 

3 hours ago, Danny O said:

Rappo thank you for your kind words bud....but I would take this opportunity to apologise for my commitments about ref’s and assistants I think you do a thankless job it’s just hard to take when some decisions cost games but I know that can’t be helped......it’s part of football 👍

Well done for your apology  ,  there are some great people  around our local clubs in all winds and weather and they don't get a lot of recognition  for it , Postman Pat Redruth , Jamie Perranporth  , Adrian  St.Day to name three  and all the others who run the line for their  clubs , thankless task but without them clubs would get fined   great club men and women  , who keep our grass roots football going .

4 hours ago, RAPPO said:

One or two thankfully Dave...mate x

Ok buddy, buddy,  buddy..lol

No...I'm not giving you a kiss...URGHHH!

4 hours ago, Danny O said:

Rappo thank you for your kind words bud....but I would take this opportunity to apologise for my commitments about ref’s and assistants I think you do a thankless job it’s just hard to take when some decisions cost games but I know that can’t be helped......it’s part of football 👍

Well said that man👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/10/2019 at 20:11, Harry Pope said:

After all the songs Lee's Perranporth sang about us at their presentation evening last year I was looking forward to the visit of the league champions in a couple of weeks time! Bad timing I guess. I've heard you were on £60 a game Danny, heard the lad Boon was tempted away from st day for a 3 figure weekly match fee, turns out he bought the wrong striker! (dan Richards scores goals) and the boy Wilton picked up a cool £50 to help them to a point on saturday which proved to be the final straw for the gaffer, again! Only speculation ofcorse, im sure being in line for the gaffer role you could correct me if I'm wrong there?! Luke's a good bloke and I wish him all the best for the future taking over as 1st team manager!! 

Did you enjoy it as much as you were hoping ? 

On 01/10/2019 at 20:11, Harry Pope said:

After all the songs Lee's Perranporth sang about us at their presentation evening last year I was looking forward to the visit of the league champions in a couple of weeks time! Bad timing I guess. I've heard you were on £60 a game Danny, heard the lad Boon was tempted away from st day for a 3 figure weekly match fee, turns out he bought the wrong striker! (dan Richards scores goals) and the boy Wilton picked up a cool £50 to help them to a point on saturday which proved to be the final straw for the gaffer, again! Only speculation ofcorse, im sure being in line for the gaffer role you could correct me if I'm wrong there?! Luke's a good bloke and I wish him all the best for the future taking over as 1st team manager!! 

Seems like they have “bought” the right striker with his current goal scoring form 😘

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t mean this in a disrespectful way but I’m not sure who the new Managers are but they must have some background in the game to get it over you Danny.

Cant think there would have been too many applicants for the job who have played the game at the very best level, played the game at a local level most players in the St Piran/Combo would dream off playing at and won more trophies than Perranporth has sand dunes so to get overlooked, they must have some CV.

Game has well and truly left us in recent years, better of watching Soccer Saturday in the local Danny.

4 hours ago, teflon123 said:

I don’t mean this in a disrespectful way but I’m not sure who the new Managers are but they must have some background in the game to get it over you Danny.

Cant think there would have been too many applicants for the job who have played the game at the very best level, played the game at a local level most players in the St Piran/Combo would dream off playing at and won more trophies than Perranporth has sand dunes so to get overlooked, they must have some CV.

Game has well and truly left us in recent years, better of watching Soccer Saturday in the local Danny.

🙄