Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum
Danny O

New management at Perranporth

Recommended Posts

Just want to Say good luck to the new management team at Perranporth of Luke Kelland and Ben Hart who have taken over after Lee Denton Stood down as first team manager for personal reasons. I myself (Danny O’Hagan)have been taking on the first team duties for the last couple weeks while Lee has taken time away but he has made the decision not to return! On hearing Lee’s decision I’ve also decided to leave the club and I wish Luke and Ben and the lads all the best for the rest of the season!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big bad fox get your facts right! I’ve left the club because I thought I was going to be the next manager (don’t know why I should have to explain) but the club decided to Give Luke and Ben a chance which they both deserved having been involved with the club for 3 years! Wish the club all the best 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When will perranporth learn, the chap Denton has been and gone so many times and as soon as results don’t go his way he jumps ship.

what are the odds that the players he signed for cash will now bugger off and leave the club in the 💩 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, bigbadbarry said:

When will perranporth learn, the chap Denton has been and gone so many times and as soon as results don’t go his way he jumps ship.

what are the odds that the players he signed for cash will now bugger off and leave the club in the 💩 

Maybe it’s not to do with results. Maybe it’s to do with something else like having loads on and a possible lack of commitment from players! 

Lee has 2 different businesses as well don’t forget 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, St Darren said:

Maybe it’s not to do with results. Maybe it’s to do with something else like having loads on and a possible lack of commitment from players! 

Lee has 2 different businesses as well don’t forget 

I know he has fingers in pies but don’t know what they are but when you put money into things you expect something back which the players he bought in didn’t repay him for what he’s paid out, the figures I’m hearing is not “your normal” £20 a game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big bad Barry would you like to name the players getting this money?? seeming you seem to know it all....love you guys who don’t use your real names on this forum.....perranporth is a great club but I signed for Lee and thought I was going to take over as manger the board thought different so like I’ve said good luck to Luke and Ben 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Danny O said:

Big bad Barry would you like to name the players getting this money?? seeming you seem to know it all....love you guys who don’t use your real names on this forum.....perranporth is a great club but I signed for Lee and thought I was going to take over as manger the board thought different so like I’ve said good luck to Luke and Ben 👍

After all the songs Lee's Perranporth sang about us at their presentation evening last year I was looking forward to the visit of the league champions in a couple of weeks time! Bad timing I guess. I've heard you were on £60 a game Danny, heard the lad Boon was tempted away from st day for a 3 figure weekly match fee, turns out he bought the wrong striker! (dan Richards scores goals) and the boy Wilton picked up a cool £50 to help them to a point on saturday which proved to be the final straw for the gaffer, again! Only speculation ofcorse, im sure being in line for the gaffer role you could correct me if I'm wrong there?! Luke's a good bloke and I wish him all the best for the future taking over as 1st team manager!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Danny O said:

Big bad Barry would you like to name the players getting this money?? seeming you seem to know it all....love you guys who don’t use your real names on this forum.....perranporth is a great club but I signed for Lee and thought I was going to take over as manger the board thought different so like I’ve said good luck to Luke and Ben 👍

For a start yourself was on a good wage  there 🤑

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right I started this chat to say good luck to  Luke and Ben but you still get the idiots who turn it to make it about money! Pointless! I signed for Lee he left not because of results but for personal reasons he loves the club......So I’ve left because Lee has left simple as that! If any one wants to say anymore crap private message me 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always thought a keyboard warrior was someone who wrote insults ect behind a fake name. I merely called Danny out on the amount of money being thrown around, With my name as my username. If that constitutes to someone having no balls, then you chaps are even more deluded than I thought!? 

 

Anyway who cares up the ryn 🔴🔴🔴

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Harry Pope said:

I always thought a keyboard warrior was someone who wrote insults ect behind a fake name. I merely called Danny out on the amount of money being thrown around, With my name as my username. If that constitutes to someone having no balls, then you chaps are even more deluded than I thought!? 

 

Anyway who cares up the ryn 🔴🔴🔴

Oh yeah I said Harry Pope is a keyboard warrior 🙈🙈🙈🙈

Keyboard warrior could also mean someone who says a lot on a forum etc but is totally different when they see someone face to face! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Maler10 said:

Oh yeah I said Harry Pope is a keyboard warrior 🙈🙈🙈🙈

Keyboard warrior could also mean someone who says a lot on a forum etc but is totally different when they see someone face to face! 

Mate, you sound tired, put your phone down and get off to bed. But do me one favour.....mind the gap on your way up the stairs 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Harry Pope said:

Mate, you sound tired, put your phone down and get off to bed. But do me one favour.....mind the gap on your way up the stairs 😉

Bless you hun 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Danny, don't rise to the bate of a few lads plying their trade in a league you shouldn't of even considered playing in ... Appreciate you love the game, but you needed your bloody head tested dropping down to that league.

Should of left the boots in the wardrobe. When you have played where you have played, & had a career in the pro game you will always get idiot's trying to get a cheap shot on you when in reality, they wouldn't of laced your boots, & 5 years ago you personally wouldn't of even gave this league a second of your time ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Danny, don't rise to the bate of a few lads plying their trade in a league you shouldn't of even considered playing in ... Appreciate you love the game, but you needed your bloody head tested dropping down to that league.

Should of left the boots in the wardrobe. When you have played where you have played, & had a career in the pro game you will always get idiot's trying to get a cheap shot on you when in reality, they wouldn't of laced your boots, & 5 years ago you personally wouldn't of even gave this league a second of your time ... 

Can’t blame him carrying on for £60 a game though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I carry on playing because I’m still good enough to and I love the game........I’m fit and can still play 90 mins no problem.......Leeds I dropped down a league because My mate Lee asked me to sign to no other reason....👍️ But your right about the standard it’s very poor apart from the top teams! Ref’s are poor and having club linesman is a nightmare 😬 and  Theold........ hope you got your sick bucket in time 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Danny O said:

I carry on playing because I’m still good enough to and I love the game........I’m fit and can still play 90 mins no problem.......Leeds I dropped down a league because My mate Lee asked me to sign to no other reason....👍️ But your right about the standard it’s very poor apart from the top teams! Ref’s are poor and having club linesman is a nightmare 😬 and  Theold........ hope you got your sick bucket in time 😂

Yeah club linesman  terrible  , stand up in all weathers  get abuse , costs money to get to games , kit ect ect ,and don't get paid  , so 22 men can play football ,  there we have it  in  a post . And where are the next generation of volunteers  coming from with this attitude  , you have been able to play at a higher level where most don't get that chance and good for you but , kicking lower league teams and officials  is not a great reflection  on yourself ,  Nothing wrong with grass roots  football enjoyed by many , and costs time money , people  but back into the game not take out  , I take my hat off to all volunteers  , officials  of  lower leagues  .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well said Steve, no wonder the leagues are struggling for officials or even club officials, when you see comments like we are witnessing on this thread. The abuse we get on the pitch is appalling, some players/managers have a go at us so much, it's no wonder we make mistakes, that said there are some who show respect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair play to them your right.....but when you draw a game because the oppositions linesman gives off side (to what would’ve been the winning goal) when it obviously wasn’t to everyone in the ground I Call that something else che.....!!! Yes I’ve played at a higher level so I think I have the right to my say I know the ref’s do there best but some of there decisions on the pitch just make you think what’s the point in playing like not giving obvious penalties then giving the opposition one for the same thing 2 mins later.......letting horrendous tackles go then giving a foul for a perfectly good tackle.......and I hate the ref’s who don’t talk to you or Answer your questions just tell you to go away.......I’ve always had good banter with the ref’s on the pitch while playing but that doesn’t happen much anymore!! But will say well done for the job you try to do....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't players usually start at the grassroots level? They learn their trade, make mistakes and progress... That is absolutely no different to Match Officials. Many who are in combo reffing have either come down from higher levels or they are there for the next step in their progression from level six. Grassroots football isn't just for developing footballers, it's also their to develop referees. Want a better standard of referee, don't play in the league. It's that simple - play higher.

I am working hard, together with many other people around the county to try and recruit more referees because for too long they have been driven out of the game. This is one of the reasons why. 

Of course they aren't going to be brilliant at this level... They are training and progressing. It's as simple as that. I can guarantee you one thing though, they won't make even half as many mistakes as any of the players on the field with them.

As for club assistant referees... You wouldn't catch me doing that for s**t. Worth their weight in gold. Yeah sometimes you have to educate the Club Linos on the laws - that's because there's so many changes each season and they don't have a bespoke refresher course. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Danny O said:

Fair play to them your right.....but when you draw a game because the oppositions linesman gives off side (to what would’ve been the winning goal) when it obviously wasn’t to everyone in the ground I Call that something else che.....!!! Yes I’ve played at a higher level so I think I have the right to my say I know the ref’s do there best but some of there decisions on the pitch just make you think what’s the point in playing like not giving obvious penalties then giving the opposition one for the same thing 2 mins later.......letting horrendous tackles go then giving a foul for a perfectly good tackle.......and I hate the ref’s who don’t talk to you or Answer your questions just tell you to go away.......I’ve always had good banter with the ref’s on the pitch while playing but that doesn’t happen much anymore!! But will say well done for the job you try to do....

What a holier than thou attitude to take, you don't even have to have played football let alone at a higher level to have an opinion, and as for the comment " well done refs for the job you try to do''  none of us are perfect although some seem to think they are.
Perhaps Mr O Hagan will eventually take up refereeing, with his knowledge of the game at a higher level, he could be one of the best refs in the county.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stevieb said:

Yeah club linesman  terrible  , stand up in all weathers  get abuse , costs money to get to games , kit ect ect ,and don't get paid  , so 22 men can play football ,  there we have it  in  a post . And where are the next generation of volunteers  coming from with this attitude  , you have been able to play at a higher level where most don't get that chance and good for you but , kicking lower league teams and officials  is not a great reflection  on yourself ,  Nothing wrong with grass roots  football enjoyed by many , and costs time money , people  but back into the game not take out  , I take my hat off to all volunteers  , officials  of  lower leagues  .

Well said Steve and to others who others disagree with someone who is obviously far too superior to us all! 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Dave Bartlam said:

Don't players usually start at the grassroots level? They learn their trade, make mistakes and progress... That is absolutely no different to Match Officials. Many who are in combo reffing have either come down from higher levels or they are there for the next step in their progression from level six. Grassroots football isn't just for developing footballers, it's also their to develop referees. Want a better standard of referee, don't play in the league. It's that simple - play higher.

I am working hard, together with many other people around the county to try and recruit more referees because for too long they have been driven out of the game. This is one of the reasons why. 

Of course they aren't going to be brilliant at this level... They are training and progressing. It's as simple as that. I can guarantee you one thing though, they won't make even half as many mistakes as any of the players on the field with them.

As for club assistant referees... You wouldn't catch me doing that for s**t. Worth their weight in gold. Yeah sometimes you have to educate the Club Linos on the laws - that's because there's so many changes each season and they don't have a bespoke refresher course. 

They are all brilliant Dave...just have to turn up for me...10 out of 10 just for doing that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m aloud my opinion just like the rest of you........I started this topic just wanting to say good luck to a new management team  at Perranporth but as usual people turn it on its head so it’s all about what players get paid......loyalty.....now we are on about Ref’s linesman!! I’ve had my say if anyone what’s to talk to me talk to me face to face  at a game I like to think I’m am an approachable bloke so just ask for a chat! My last post on this topic Danny O

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Danny O said:

I’m aloud my opinion just like the rest of you........I started this topic just wanting to say good luck to a new management team  at Perranporth but as usual people turn it on its head so it’s all about what players get paid......loyalty.....now we are on about Ref’s linesman!! I’ve had my say if anyone what’s to talk to me talk to me face to face  at a game I like to think I’m am an approachable bloke so just ask for a chat! My last post on this topic Danny O

 

 

 

To many people take the money and leave when it’s going wrong, using poor excuses.

its the club that’s left to pick up the pieces and the players just move on for an others clubs money

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Danny O said:

I’m aloud my opinion just like the rest of you........I started this topic just wanting to say good luck to a new management team  at Perranporth but as usual people turn it on its head so it’s all about what players get paid......loyalty.....now we are on about Ref’s linesman!! I’ve had my say if anyone what’s to talk to me talk to me face to face  at a game I like to think I’m am an approachable bloke so just ask for a chat! My last post on this topic Danny O

 

 

 

I think you brought up about club linesman  😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just read down through this thread and just want to say DannyO is a good mate of mine and I think for anyone that doesn’t know him he may have come across a bit different than the bloke he actually is! For all he’s achieved in the game he never mentions it and if you ask anyone who’s played with Danny he’s certainly no big time Charlie and will come into any dressing room and just fit in and mix with the lads. He keeps himself fit and disciplined a reason why he’s still playing well at 43. We obviously chat quite a bit about local football and to be fair Perranporth have been unlucky with a few decisions so far this season which was promising a lot but has turned out disappointing so far with Lee stepping down and indifferent results allied to main rivals St.Day and Penryn going really well it’s been a frustrating time but Danny’s a respectful lad which you will see when you watch him play the game anytime. Think his comments have been a bit misconstrued and I wouldn’t want anyone thinking of Danny as anyone but a top bloke by the way this thread has come over. On the ref debate I think now is the time we all need to treat them with the utmost respect and look after them a bit if we can, just look at the shortage filtering down through the leagues, and as for the club linesmen and women like Dave says they’re hero’s in my book, absolute gold dust!! The likes of Stevie that are there every game in all winds and weathers we need to wrap up in cotton wool!! I was at a game last Saturday where the striker was 3 yards onside when he tapped the ball in and myself and one of the hosts crowd both agreed on the decision but there was no way I could “have a go” when you saw the young lady soaked wet through, rain in her eyes, probably freezing cold, every other decision that half correct, giving up her Saturday afternoon! Is it really that important it was 1-1 a minute before half time in the grand scheme of things!? Anyway well done to our refs and linesmen who do their best every week so there can be a game of football and for anyone that doesn’t know DannyO personally he’s a great lad trust me 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rappo thank you for your kind words bud....but I would take this opportunity to apologise for my commitments about ref’s and assistants I think you do a thankless job it’s just hard to take when some decisions cost games but I know that can’t be helped......it’s part of football 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...