Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League Results - Saturday 28th September 2019

Results for

Saturday 28th September 2019

Only 4 games completed

Carharrack (Ben Kellow 3, Joe McIlroy, Matt McIlroy, Alex Rose, Jake Gregory) 7-2 Lizard Argyle (Dagan Vaughan-Spruce, Joshua Gilbert)

Att - 22

Hayle Reserves (Rory Courtney, John Grant, TJ Price, Bailey Stevens, Chris Bullock) 5-1 St Agnes Reserves (Simon Lyndon)

Att - 20

Pendeen Rovers P-P Perranporth Reserves

Penryn Athletic Reserves (Jason Roberts 2, Ryan Stanley, Glen Jeffery) 4-0 St Day Reserves

Att - 30

Rosudgeon A-A Porthleven Reserves

Ruan Minor (Josh Wilson-Hone 2) 2-1 Marazion (Kaylon Mayes)

Att - 60

Wendron United Thirds A-A RNAS Culdrose

Carharrack 7, Lizard Argyle 2.

Strewth! There was a time, 40 or 50 years ago, when I would have happily wallowed in the rain for a game of footy. Hopefully, all those lads out there this afternoon feel as I once did! My goodness, it came down during the second half!

Got there very late: wife wanted to go to the Truro Food Festival (absolutely brilliant event: massive, stalls all over the centre of the City, many congrats to all involved) and as we were homeward bound, passing slowly by City's ground at a quarter to three, she asks "where are all those people going and why can I hear music?" so I told her! That's when she said I ought to be able to make the 2nd half at Carharrack after dropping her back home! Got to Ting Tang before any goals were scored and clocked Richard Chown reffing the game. Lizard agreed to his doing so, having come all that way and no ref.

No dissent from them when a pen was awarded to Carharrack. The lad blasted it over the bar! But time for three goals as my sausage butty (£1.50) was being cooked. Had a job keeping it dry as I walked up to the covered seats plus I had more tea in my mug when I go there than there had been when I started out!

So 3 - 0 at half time, then 4 - 0 on 55, 5 - 0 on 66 (long distance lob), 5 - 1 0n 69 (pen by Dagen Vaughn-Spruce), 6 - 1 on 82 (Jake Gregory), 6 - 2 on 85 (Josh Gilbert), 7 - 2 (90 + 2). Sorry I can't name most of the scorers so thanks to Akinfenwa above. When was the last time Carharrack scored 7 in a league game? I didn't think Lizard were 5 goals worse: they wasted 2 or 3 good chances in the last 10 minutes. Attendance? About 15 huddling under the leaky roof of the "stand" plus six or seven others in cars or under brollies.

The final whistle was a blessing! Hope there was plenty of hot water in the changing room showers.

Edited by Tom Trust
additional text