Gerrans & St Mawes 1 Mount Gould 6

Godolphin Atlantic (Newquay) 1 North Petherwin 7 

Padstow United 0 St Dominick 10 (Ten)

Roche v Torpoint Athletic (Postponed)

St Stephen 4 St Cleer 2

Veryan 4 Plymouth Marjon 0

4 hours ago, Shouter said:

Roche v Torpoint OFF

Extremely disappointed to have been informed at 11.45am when some lads had started travelling and the majority of the squad already at the club ready to depart at 12.00. Very poor.

An 11.30 pitch inspection is surely not acceptable.

Well the home club could have left it to the match referee to decide and you would have travelled down! The rain set in late morning and has poured since so Roche in my opinion were proactive in getting a local referee in  and saved you a wated journey. Perhaps not ideal but give them some credit.

12 minutes ago, Old 1950 said:

Well the home club could have left it to the match referee to decide and you would have travelled down! The rain set in late morning and has poured since so Roche in my opinion were proactive in getting a local referee in  and saved you a wated journey. Perhaps not ideal but give them some credit.

Not denying the game was in doubt with the rain due, but a 9.30 or 10.00 inspection would surely have been more appropriate, rather than an 11.30 inspection and 11.45 notification. Poor.

I drove past cornwall services near Roche at 12:30 and it wasn’t wet after a dry morning in Redruth so must’ve been some water on the pitch. Therefore an earlier decision possible?

Separately, some very one sided scorelines today and recent weeks. Wouldn’t be surprised to see some sides drop out altogether before November. 

Very pleasant trip to Goldolphin v North Petherwin for ecpl tie ending 1-7. 

A keeper og gave the home side the lead (gk made many amends with a slippery ball) that was soon cancelled out by Noah Reeve finishing calmly in his 1st senior match.  A spell of pressure was rewarded with a ht 1-2 lead courtesy of the industrious partnership of Shaun Ellis scoring, and Jim Werren providing. 

The second period saw goals throughout down the slope,  a second for m.o.m Noah and his big brother Joe, a brace for Josh Sanders and pick of the bunch was Walter Medlicott speeding down the line,  cutting in and striking low into the corner from 20yds.

The pub food was great as always,  the only disappointment was one of the players wives travelled to watch and as had no cash on her was denied entry,  where as any of the players would've happily reimbursed Godolphin after the match.  All of the home support were good value,  lots of friendly interaction. 

A little bit of sunshine in the driving rain. 

NPFC

12 minutes ago, Brianmooreshead said:

What's even more awful is having the nerve to charge !!!

I don’t particularly see anything wrong with that in as much as they still have the ref costs to cover etc but it does seem a bit much not to allow the person in. Couldn’t the money had been collected afterwards or something?

How much are we talking about anyway?

4 minutes ago, Brianmooreshead said:

Surely Dave, at that standard any contributions should be voluntary.

Presumably it is up to the club or the basis of their tenancy/ownership of their ground!

"Contributions should be voluntary" provokes the well worn trick that surprisingly all that is in the pocket is - "oh I've only got some loose change!" 😊

16 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Presumably it is up to the club or the basis of their tenancy/ownership of their ground!

"Contributions should be voluntary" provokes the well worn trick that surprisingly all that is in the pocket is - "oh I've only got some loose change!" 😊

Correct. 

Football costs money to put on, so pay and help out...not rocket science. 

3 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

You're probably absolutely right Dave, but loose change is all I'd be prepared to watch what is in essence parks football

1 hour ago, Brianmooreshead said:

You're probably absolutely right Dave, but loose change is all I'd be prepared to watch what is in essence parks football

Surely before one can suggest that, we need to know how much they were charging? It maybe what the FA have decided to call "recreational football", but the ref still has to be paid, the pitch prepared, the kit washed and so I, in contrast, don't see no problem in an entrance charge. In fact, I'm always amazed when I go to some games and there's no entrance fee nor collection box! 

I have manned gates at S.W.P.L. level, on and off, for the last twenty odd years in one of the poorest parts of Cornwall. You really have to learn discretion. A supporter with 3/4 children in tow just wants to watch the game, the kids less so, but maybe in a dozen years or so they could be stalwarts of the club, either on or off the pitch.

No doubt in a year or two we’ll all have to have card readers on the gate as we become a cashless society! Meanwhile let’s all take a relaxed view (and a verified name and address) of these without the coins to hand. Hopefully in this instance it was a new boy manning the gate (or possibly a Club Treasurer). In either case I hope somebody on the forum can have a quiet word.

1 hour ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

I have manned gates at S.W.P.L. level, on and off, for the last twenty odd years in one of the poorest parts of Cornwall. You really have to learn discretion. A supporter with 3/4 children in tow just wants to watch the game, the kids less so, but maybe in a dozen years or so they could be stalwarts of the club, either on or off the pitch.

No doubt in a year or two we’ll all have to have card readers on the gate as we become a cashless society! Meanwhile let’s all take a relaxed view (and a verified name and address) of these without the coins to hand. Hopefully in this instance it was a new boy manning the gate (or possibly a Club Treasurer). In either case I hope somebody on the forum can have a quiet word.

Wendron use a card reader if you have no cash.

Can't get away with them farmer boys not paying!