Cornwall Football Forum

Godolphin 0 vs Helston 4

Just back from watching the G MATCH VS HELSTON , i thought the G played well in the 1st half against a very good Helston side and they remain my vavourites for the league , it was nice yo see Joe Stone lining up for the G because i have heard hes moving away for work and he will be badly missed .The G had a young goalie called Chase Wilson in goal and he played quite well well done to the young man ,dont know how it stayed 0-0 in the 1st half Helston had so many chances but there shooting was way off target but in the 2nd half just when i thought the G would get a draw Mark Goldsworthy, goes and gets 3 goals in a crazy last 15 mins also Neil Slateford ,scoring and there was also a missed penalty by Lee Paxton it was a bloody awful pen Smokie could of hit it harder .Its going to be a long season for the G and i can see a long struggle ahead .it was lovely to meet fellow forum writer UGDI KRUGG at the match and Smokie, made a fuss of him as usual .Now onto man of the match and people will think easy 1 GOLDY for his hat trick he does score a lot of goals and makes it look so easy but im not given it to him im given it to OLLY BROKENSHIRE ,who i thought was brilliant and for the G got to give it to JOE STONE good job he played or it would of been 6 like i predicted . Hard luck the G Well done the Helston a real class act . 1 Last mention brilliant display by the lady ref she had her work cut out talking to Mark Goldsworthy but she reffed and handled the match superbly .

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Just back from watching the G MATCH VS HELSTON , i thought the G played well in the 1st half against a very good Helston side and they remain my vavourites for the league , it was nice yo see Joe Stone lining up for the G because i have heard hes moving away for work and he will be badly missed .The G had a young goalie called Chase Wilson in goal and he played quite well well done to the young man ,dont know how it stayed 0-0 in the 1st half Helston had so many chances but there shooting was way off target but in the 2nd half just when i thought the G would get a draw Mark Goldsworthy, goes and gets 3 goals in a crazy last 15 mins also Neil Slateford ,scoring and there was also a missed penalty by Lee Paxton it was a bloody awful pen Smokie could of hit it harder .Its going to be a long season for the G and i can see a long struggle ahead .it was lovely to meet fellow forum writer UGDI KRUGG at the match and Smokie, made a fuss of him as usual .Now onto man of the match and people will think easy 1 GOLDY for his hat trick he does score a lot of goals and makes it look so easy but im not given it to him im given it to OLLY BROKENSHIRE ,who i thought was brilliant and for the G got to give it to JOE STONE good job he played or it would of been 6 like i predicted . Hard luck the G Well done the Helston a real class act . 1 Last mention brilliant display by the lady ref she had her work cut out talking to Mark Goldsworthy but she reffed and handled the match superbly .

Really nice to meet you and Smokie too Cornish.

I'd go along with your match summary. From what I saw of it that is.

I mentioned to you I had to leave a little early because I'd arranged to pick Boss Hog (the wife) up from shopping in the town centre. Normally I never leave a game early and I was absolutely gutted to see the result when I got home. It was still 0-0 when I departed at twenty to five. It finished 0-4 and I missed all 4 of the Helston goals!

There was me thinking it'd finish 0-0. True Helston had a shed full of chances but credit to Godolphin they certainly kept in the hunt and applied themselves really well, they were unlucky to not get on the scoresheet and there does seem to be a foundation to build upon as they restructure the squad.

I shall look forward to chatting to you again next time I'm over that way. 

If the Referee hadn't taken a 22 minute half time break I might even have caught a goal or two?

3 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

All women have difficulty talking to Goldy - think they call it lust???!!!???

2 hours ago, Uwdi Krugg said:

Really nice to meet you and Smokie too Cornish.

I'd go along with your match summary. From what I saw of it that is.

I mentioned to you I had to leave a little early because I'd arranged to pick Boss Hog (the wife) up from shopping in the town centre. Normally I never leave a game early and I was absolutely gutted to see the result when I got home. It was still 0-0 when I departed at twenty to five. It finished 0-4 and I missed all 4 of the Helston goals!

There was me thinking it'd finish 0-0. True Helston had a shed full of chances but credit to Godolphin they certainly kept in the hunt and applied themselves really well, they were unlucky to not get on the scoresheet and there does seem to be a foundation to build upon as they restructure the squad.

I shall look forward to chatting to you again next time I'm over that way. 

If the Referee hadn't taken a 22 minute half time break I might even have caught a goal or two?

WHAT! tell yer missus to WAIT!!! until you get there.

Modern men...I dunnaw. 

1 hour ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

WHAT! tell yer missus to WAIT!!! until you get there.

Modern men...I dunnaw. 

Guilty as charged Sir.

Pray allow me to offer two points of mitigation:

1. I stopped being a modern man when we blew the 1970 World Cup in Mexico.

2. She stressed there'd be no homemade Cottage Pie unless I picked her up on time?

I promise I won't do it again.

49 minutes ago, Uwdi Krugg said:

Guilty as charged Sir.

Pray allow me to offer two points of mitigation:

1. I stopped being a modern man when we blew the 1970 World Cup in Mexico.

2. She stressed there'd be no homemade Cottage Pie unless I picked her up on time?

I promise I won't do it again.

Fair enough 👍