Marazion             1-2       Mullion

Morwenstow       2-4    St Cleer

North Petherwin        1-5             St Ives Town

Penryn Athletic        2-1      Bude Town

Perranporth        4-0            St Minver

RNAS Culdrose        2-9     St Dominick

St Day  3-0           Rosudgeon

Hayle 4, Polperro 2 (aet)

I thought this looked a likely good match, Piran West 4th v East 2nd, and so it was.

Polperro went in front in the 3rd minute, a tap-in for their No 10 and he was just wide 5 minutes later. A header off a corner by Hayle's No 17 (MoM?) was cleared off the line. For much of the 1st half Hayle often had just 1 or even none in the box to meet any crosses. Hayle's No 17 hit the bar with a FK after what looked like a terrible foul by the Polperro 'keeper for which he didn't even get a card. 2 mins into the 2nd half Hayle had a pen which was saved, as was the follow-up. The Home No 10 had a chance that looked harder to miss than score from - it's easy from the stand, isn't it! Controversy - Hayle's 11 got injured then sin-binned for something he said whilst still being treated. Then a breakaway on 79 and Polperro's No 9 broke away and made it 0 - 2. Then it was 1 - 2  on 86, a tap-in for Hayle's No 14 and that usual siege in those circumstances. Polperro's No 9 (I think) should have wrapped it up with a surging 1 on 1 as Hayle were doing the right thing, throwing everyone forward, taking chances at the back, but the Hayle 'keeper made what turned out to be a massive save. On 90+3, a brilliant tip-over by the Polperro 'keeper but on 90+4, the equaliser. No 14?

That knocked the stuffing out of Polperro: at 90 mins they were in the next round, but now faced extra time and Hayle scored in the 2nd and 8th minutes of ET and in the last 15 mins it was Polperro who were throwing everything forward: not pretty football but exciting to watch. Polperro had chances but so did Hayle. But that was it.

It is turning into a great footy venue, Hayle. Two pitches, both floodlit, one all-weather. They've done a clever thing with stacking chairs in their little stand, replacing some banks of broken tip-up seats. Penryn might take a look. Flattering to be asked full price at the turnstile! Took my own tea: last time I was there they just had a vending machine, better than nothing but underlining the extremely valuable job the various tea-ladies (and men) do at our grass roots grounds. Never mind all the guff we read on here about paying players: the tea ladies deserve payment more than the players! And how lucky Hayle are to have a bloke with the tme and commitment to see to the divots at half-time. Well done him!

Thanks to Dave Deacon for posting the kick-off times elsewhere - invaluable!

PENRYN (0)  2     Jake Shaw 51’  Dan Lord 90+3’

BUDE (0)  1        Scott Percy  72’

ATT: 71

MOM: Dan Lord (Penryn)

REF: Mr Neil Rudkin 8/10 always good.

Penryn manager Harry Pope wisely took the chance to mix it up a bit with Perranporth looming next Saturday resting players and bringing in a few from the reserves who are going well in the Combo themselves with an unbeaten record. The hosts certainly left it late but whatever 11 are on the pitch they are a team that know how to win and this was their eleventh victory in a row this season, 9 in the league, now 2 in the Senior Cup. Dan Lord came in at the back to replace last week’s man of the match Nick Boase, with new signing Thomas Day making his debut and reserve team players Lewis Pellow coming into midfield with Jason Roberts up front with Ryan Reeve resting his hamstring injury. With all the changes it took a while to adapt and it was 15 minutes before a Reggie May through ball saw a Jack Rapsey low strike saved at the near post. Five minutes later a Pellow corner saw captain Russell May have his first shot palmed back to him before reacting quickly to head over from 6 yards. In the 22nd minute a superb defence splitting pass by Rapsey saw Pellow race clear but his shot was well saved by the keepers foot. Budes first foray into the Penryn half saw them shoot well over from 25 yards in the 25th minute. A few minutes later Jake Shaw and Bradley Leivers combined for the latter to clear the bar with a 25 yard strike. A clever back heel from Reggie May saw Rapsey shoot just past the join of bar and post on the half hour mark before he found the net ten minutes later with a shot into the bottom corner but was pulled back for an alleged handball in the build up. Two minutes before the break Bude striker Scott Percy had a shot on the turn well held by home keeper Ben Mitchell. Two minutes after the restart Pellow had a free kick tipped over before his corner in the 51st minute saw Shaw steal in at the far post to put the hosts in front. Three minutes later Billy Williams had a powerful shot well blocked by big centre half Dan Starkey at the heart of the visitors defence. Leivers was then at full stretch only to see his shot smothered by the keeper. Lord produced a superb last ditch tackle on Percy when he looked clear on goal before a quick break saw a clever one-two between Leivers and Rapsey which saw Harry Roberts an inch away from applying the finish. A 68th minute piledriver from Shaw was tipped over by the busy visiting keeper (who I apologise for not catching his name, played really well) Roberts then pulled a byline cross back for Rapsey who scrambled wide at full stretch under pressure. A quick counter attack from Bude in the 72nd minute saw Percy free on the left and he shot past Mitchell from 10 yards. Reggie May was the next to find the net in the 83rd minute but that was also chalked off by the on the ball Mr Rudkin who spotted a slight push in the back beforehand. Rudders got fed up with Starkey trying to ref the game and one too many comments saw him in the sin bin with 5 minutes remaining. Four minutes from time saw Rapsey chest down to Roberts whose fierce strike was turned around the post by the impressive keeper. Right on time another Pellow free kick lacked power and was turned around the post before a minute into injury time a rare counter attack saw the visitors race clear on the right but Sam Cornish? shot across Mitchell and wide of the far post. That miss was punished in full 3 minutes into injury time when a deep cross into the box at the far post was brilliantly kept in and headed back across goal by influential skipper Russell May and Lord arrived on cue to thigh the ball into the roof of the net from 2 yards for a winner his performance deserved to send Penryn through to Round 3 without the need for the dreaded extra time. Apologies in advance for no reports next 2 weeks, be watching New York Jets v Dallas Cowboys in the big 🍏 apple next week and Celtic v Ross County the week after, will miss Kernick Road though and the entertaining stuff the Penryn lads been producing all season. Penryn v Perranporth next week, a cracker for anyone with a spare Saturday afternoon! 👍

2 hours ago, Tom Trust said:

Hayle 4, Polperro 2 (aet)

I thought this looked a likely good match, Piran West 4th v East 2nd, and so it was.

Polperro went in front in the 3rd minute, a tap-in for their No 10 and he was just wide 5 minutes later. A header off a corner by Hayle's No 17 (MoM?) was cleared off the line. For much of the 1st half Hayle often had just 1 or even none in the box to meet any crosses. Hayle's No 17 hit the bar with a FK after what looked like a terrible foul by the Polperro 'keeper for which he didn't even get a card. 2 mins into the 2nd half Hayle had a pen which was saved, as was the follow-up. The Home No 10 had a chance that looked harder to miss than score from - it's easy from the stand, isn't it! Controversy - Hayle's 11 got injured then sin-binned for something he said whilst still being treated. Then a breakaway on 79 and Polperro's No 9 broke away and made it 0 - 2. Then it was 1 - 2  on 86, a tap-in for Hayle's No 14 and that usual siege in those circumstances. Polperro's No 9 (I think) should have wrapped it up with a surging 1 on 1 as Hayle were doing the right thing, throwing everyone forward, taking chances at the back, but the Hayle 'keeper made what turned out to be a massive save. On 90+3, a brilliant tip-over by the Polperro 'keeper but on 90+4, the equaliser. No 14?

That knocked the stuffing out of Polperro: at 90 mins they were in the next round, but now faced extra time and Hayle scored in the 2nd and 8th minutes of ET and in the last 15 mins it was Polperro who were throwing everything forward: not pretty football but exciting to watch. Polperro had chances but so did Hayle. But that was it.

It is turning into a great footy venue, Hayle. Two pitches, both floodlit, one all-weather. They've done a clever thing with stacking chairs in their little stand, replacing some banks of broken tip-up seats. Penryn might take a look. Flattering to be asked full price at the turnstile! Took my own tea: last time I was there they just had a vending machine, better than nothing but underlining the extremely valuable job the various tea-ladies (and men) do at our grass roots grounds. Never mind all the guff we read on here about paying players: the tea ladies deserve payment more than the players! And how lucky Hayle are to have a bloke with the tme and commitment to see to the divots at half-time. Well done him!

Thanks to Dave Deacon for posting the kick-off times elsewhere - invaluable!

Great report Tom , Greg our 70 something  groundsman  , entertaining  later part of the game , two great saves by both  keepers .  Good entertainment  , well done to both sides .

54 minutes ago, Tom Trust said:

Thank you, Stevieb. Greg puts me to shame - I'm just a 70 something spectator! The match met my hopes! Sorry I can't name the goal-scorers.

Polperro goals from Matt Barton (no.10) and Dale Hooper (no.17). Disappointed not to have killed the game off at 2-0 but Hayle had their chances as well and we rode our luck at times. Nice set up and good hospitality, good luck to Hayle in the next round 👏🏻

Thanks Tom you are probably the first person in 31 years who has noticed the half time ritual, it saves time on a Sunday or Monday morning getting the pitch up and running again. Al;so makes the second half a bit less cut. Make yourself known next time and I shall personally ensure you get a proper cup of tea at half time.

4 hours ago, Ieuan Gregory said:

Thanks Tom you are probably the first person in 31 years who has noticed the half time ritual, it saves time on a Sunday or Monday morning getting the pitch up and running again. Al;so makes the second half a bit less cut. Make yourself known next time and I shall personally ensure you get a proper cup of tea at half time.

Thanks. Ieuan, might take you up on that!