Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

Tuesday 17 September 2019


Recommended Posts

Falmouth Town Reserves 2, St Day 1

Yes, TMH, 7.30 was right. It is irritating that it is so hard to find kick-off times. I don't buy the West Briton or Packet as their sports coverage is so poor and random and e.g. on Falmouth's Facebook page I could only find stuff about their 1st team.

Anyway, not a bad game: all St Day 1st half except they barely carved out a shooting opportunity. Little evidence of attacking players actually seeking out goal-scoring positions (you only have to watch a few EFL highlights on Quest if you can stand that irritating little Irish bloke who presents the programme - more of him, pundits and adverts put together than screened football - to note where a lot of goals get scored from). In fact, Falmouth had the best 1st-half chance - 'keeper error, open goal, goal-bound shot too gentle, cleared by last-minute defender. St day led 1 - 0 at half time (22 mins, scorer unknown).

2nd half and Falmouth a bit more determined, more possession, more threat. It was another 'keeper error that allowed the equaliser on 70 mins - again, scorer unknown. Falmouth's winner came out of the blue - Lewis Ellis got possession just outside the box, rode a couple of tackles and scored inside the left-hand post. Cue jubilation, celebratory run-and-dive, shirt removal, ham-string pulled (looked like), yellow card (obligatory), substitution! Last time I saw him he was playing for Carharrack. Big-money transfer?

Couple of points, apart from being judged young enough to pay full price (tactical flattery?), followed by a tea (£1) and burger (£2.50) - very nice: can someone tell me the status of the technical area in this league? Dugout personnel seemed to ignore it, hogging the touchline in the linesman's way and often encroaching the pitch. Is this okay at this level? And (Grumpy old Man point) I thought the image of a once-great club was somewhat tarnished by everyone allowing two little boys to kick a ball to and fro on the touchline. I counted eleven times their ball went onto the pitch during the 2nd half and on one occasion one of the boys had to run off quickly when fetching his ball to get out of the way of the men. I thought this disgraceful especially when not even the linesman or ref pulled them up on safety grounds. The boys themselves showed no respect to the Club by their actions. Do Falmouth allow this at their Peninsula West games?

Rant over: some good football on view for the reasonable-sized attendance. Notwithstanding all the ructions the formation of this league has caused to lower leagues, it does seem to be very watchable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tom Trust said:

Falmouth Town Reserves 2, St Day 1

Yes, TMH, 7.30 was right. It is irritating that it is so hard to find kick-off times. I don't buy the West Briton or Packet as their sports coverage is so poor and random and e.g. on Falmouth's Facebook page I could only find stuff about their 1st team.

Anyway, not a bad game: all St Day 1st half except they barely carved out a shooting opportunity. Little evidence of attacking players actually seeking out goal-scoring positions (you only have to watch a few EFL highlights on Quest if you can stand that irritating little Irish bloke who presents the programme - more of him, pundits and adverts put together than screened football - to note where a lot of goals get scored from). In fact, Falmouth had the best 1st-half chance - 'keeper error, open goal, goal-bound shot too gentle, cleared by last-minute defender. St day led 1 - 0 at half time (22 mins, scorer unknown).

2nd half and Falmouth a bit more determined, more possession, more threat. It was another 'keeper error that allowed the equaliser on 70 mins - again, scorer unknown. Falmouth's winner came out of the blue - Lewis Ellis got possession just outside the box, rode a couple of tackles and scored inside the left-hand post. Cue jubilation, celebratory run-and-dive, shirt removal, ham-string pulled (looked like), yellow card (obligatory), substitution! Last time I saw him he was playing for Carharrack. Big-money transfer?

Couple of points, apart from being judged young enough to pay full price (tactical flattery?), followed by a tea (£1) and burger (£2.50) - very nice: can someone tell me the status of the technical area in this league? Dugout personnel seemed to ignore it, hogging the touchline in the linesman's way and often encroaching the pitch. Is this okay at this level? And (Grumpy old Man point) I thought the image of a once-great club was somewhat tarnished by everyone allowing two little boys to kick a ball to and fro on the touchline. I counted eleven times their ball went onto the pitch during the 2nd half and on one occasion one of the boys had to run off quickly when fetching his ball to get out of the way of the men. I thought this disgraceful especially when not even the linesman or ref pulled them up on safety grounds. The boys themselves showed no respect to the Club by their actions. Do Falmouth allow this at their Peninsula West games?

Rant over: some good football on view for the reasonable-sized attendance. Notwithstanding all the ructions the formation of this league has caused to lower leagues, it does seem to be very watchable.

11 times the kids ran on the pitch was you sipping whiskey in your £1 cup of tea. The kids were playing on the side line away from play both dug out were well behaved and were not in the way of the assistant on the line as they would have told them to step back. I think you just have an issue with Falmouth as you have only come on here to slate them. It was a good game of end to end fast paced football. Don't come on here complaining about clubs. The old saying if you have nothing nice to say then dont say anything.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Tom Trust said:

It is irritating that it is so hard to find kick-off times.

No need to spend any money finding out Tom - all kick-off times are shown on the FA Full-time sites on the Fixtures page.

And to help the readers of this forum, since the start of the season, the link to each League FA Full-time site is at the top of each sub-forum on here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr Bean said:

11 times the kids ran on the pitch was you sipping whiskey in your £1 cup of tea. The kids were playing on the side line away from play both dug out were well behaved and were not in the way of the assistant on the line as they would have told them to step back. I think you just have an issue with Falmouth as you have only come on here to slate them. It was a good game of end to end fast paced football. Don't come on here complaining about clubs. The old saying if you have nothing nice to say then dont say anything.

Certainly, at this level of Football, all spectators - including "kids" - should stay behind the pitch perimeter "barrier", even if it's just a rope! I'm not sure any spectator inside of the official playing area would be covered by any insurance should they get injured!

Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair I was at the game last night & in Tom Trust defence sitting in the stand as I was the reference to the two lads probably around 8 yrs old were down in the Falmouth dug out area kicking a ball either at the wall or with each other at times annoying to be fair but also the manager of Falmouth clearly does not know where his technical area is as he did spend a lot of time in St Day area & up quite far the other end. Needless to say Referee Dave Rowe did not pick up on it & as much as it’s wrong it upset no one.  On the game again he’s right it was end to end every minute but not really an end product Lewis came on for the second half for Town & if you know him he can play the game the old legs proved there not there anymore but the winner was a screamer . Although running to celebrate with shirt off & hamstring going was not only quality but hilarious unless of course you were Lewis.👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, Mr Bean, What the kids were doing is as I wrote. I was concerned about what they were doing. Note John Mead's comment about insurance. They certainly were not "away from play" as you claim. You were on the line on the other side of the pitch in the second half when all this was going on. As for the whiskey comment - uncalled for. Unnecessarily speculative and inappropriate. And as far as any "issue" and "slating", ask Mrs Annear in the tea hut if I have an issue with the Club. I have already commented on this forum how made up I was to hear that you won't be moving from Bickland Park - it was from her I heard it at the Illogan game (last night's game was better than that one). Probably my favourite ground to watch football in: always has been. I pay my entry fee, buy the tea, hopefully enjoy the game and should be free to comment both positively and negatively. You have overlooked my wording, that I thought the image of the Club had been adversely affected. I obviously felt disappointed. Falmouth Town is one of Cornwall's greater Clubs and venues.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, MARKSY said:

To be fair I was at the game last night & in Tom Trust defence sitting in the stand as I was the reference to the two lads probably around 8 yrs old were down in the Falmouth dug out area kicking a ball either at the wall or with each other at times annoying to be fair but also the manager of Falmouth clearly does not know where his technical area is as he did spend a lot of time in St Day area & up quite far the other end. Needless to say Referee Dave Rowe did not pick up on it & as much as it’s wrong it upset no one.  On the game again he’s right it was end to end every minute but not really an end product Lewis came on for the second half for Town & if you know him he can play the game the old legs proved there not there anymore but the winner was a screamer . Although running to celebrate with shirt off & hamstring going was not only quality but hilarious unless of course you were Lewis.👍

Would you rather refs watched out for small things like this or concentrated on the game? If the ref was stopping the game every couple of minutes to send them back to the tech areas you would be complaining about this. Reffs are damned if they do or damned if they dont. As a regular critic of referees marks would you say the referee was in control of the game or not because of this. Lets face it we all know this fixture can get very wild very fast especially when one team is one goal down.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rules are rules as they say,  children in dugouts and club officials ignoring technical areas, are neither a good reflection on the club, or the referee who should be aware of what is going on.
We attended a match recently where the referee stopped the restart of play until a spectator with a glass of alcohol had been removed, no one stepped out of their designated area during that match.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr.green said:

Would you rather refs watched out for small things like this or concentrated on the game? If the ref was stopping the game every couple of minutes to send them back to the tech areas you would be complaining about this. Reffs are damned if they do or damned if they dont. As a regular critic of referees marks would you say the referee was in control of the game or not because of this. Lets face it we all know this fixture can get very wild very fast especially when one team is one goal down.

What are you bleating on about green very wild very fast , moaning about the ref etc.. . You were not at that game last night clearly. I’ve not complained about the ref . I merely said it was not picked up on on the basis it upset no one but should not happen. If I didn’t know better I’d think you were 🎣. You’ll need to work harder than that for a bite. 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites

Im simply saying would you rather he was warching only 50% of the game and the other 50% was on the touchlines. No you are right i was not there i couldn't make the game. However i have seen Falmouth play st day over the years and it is a fixture that can spin on its head very fast. Ive seen it all across football. Girlfriends, kids mates etc in the dug outs/tech areas if they are not causing an issue let them stay. Its grass roots football not premier league.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MARKSY said:

To be fair I was at the game last night & in Tom Trust defence sitting in the stand as I was the reference to the two lads probably around 8 yrs old were down in the Falmouth dug out area kicking a ball either at the wall or with each other at times annoying to be fair but also the manager of Falmouth clearly does not know where his technical area is as he did spend a lot of time in St Day area & up quite far the other end. Needless to say Referee Dave Rowe did not pick up on it & as much as it’s wrong it upset no one.  On the game again he’s right it was end to end every minute but not really an end product Lewis came on for the second half for Town & if you know him he can play the game the old legs proved there not there anymore but the winner was a screamer . Although running to celebrate with shirt off & hamstring going was not only quality but hilarious unless of course you were Lewis.👍

You lot are pathetic. One lad was 6 and also the Falmouth towns ball boy. Nobody’s praised him for collecting the balls to help keep the game flowing. The game was a good game. Both teams wanted it. It’s always an excited march. Both managers had a input. It was reffed well and 3 points was one. Nobody gets paid to play football on a Tuesday evening. So just praise the players, managers, kids that help out for keeping Cornish football going. Or maybe go watch the cricket

ANd anyway town won 💛🖤

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Manager. said:

You lot are pathetic. One lad was 6 and also the Falmouth towns ball boy. Nobody’s praised him for collecting the balls to help keep the game flowing. The game was a good game. Both teams wanted it. It’s always an excited march. Both managers had a input. It was reffed well and 3 points was one. Nobody gets paid to play football on a Tuesday evening. So just praise the players, managers, kids that help out for keeping Cornish football going. Or maybe go watch the cricket

ANd anyway town won 💛🖤

Good kid. Is this Will Roberts then? From what I've heard it was a good game of end to end football that flowed nicely. Well done to town for getting the kids involved as ball boys thats a great touch to introduce youngsters to this level of football. Not heard any complaints from st day on here only the usual forum warriors.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Manager. said:

You lot are pathetic. One lad was 6 and also the Falmouth towns ball boy. Nobody’s praised him for collecting the balls to help keep the game flowing. The game was a good game. Both teams wanted it. It’s always an excited march. Both managers had a input. It was reffed well and 3 points was one. Nobody gets paid to play football on a Tuesday evening. So just praise the players, managers, kids that help out for keeping Cornish football going. Or maybe go watch the cricket

ANd anyway town won 💛🖤

😂😂😂 nobody is complaining you wet wipe

Link to post
Share on other sites

Naturally I'd prefer refs to concentrate on the game. The boys were doing what they were doing for a long time and as I mentioned, at one point a lad had to scarper off the pitch rapidly to get out of the way of play. Ref ought to have spotted that. Another time, the ball came out of play quite briskly and one of the lads, who had been watching play at this time, trapped the ball with a very commendable "first touch" and I noted this to myself, that at least he had shown a bit of skill there. Ref should have seen that. I don't want to build this mountain out of a mole-hill any more. I'm sure all involved will have taken note, not just of my comments but of others as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mr Bean said:

Right high and mighty let me stop you here and now. I was the ref on this game. I did clock the kids and as mentioned 1 time the lad came on the pitch to retrieve his ball. And as you above mention i was in the other side diagonally opposite to this by the match ball. The kids were spoken to by Falmouth i witnessed it so didnt need to intervene. What would you have me do send a small child to the stands ... nah mate i dont think so. All you've done is come on here and moaned. It was a good game and im sure if i want up to standard my mate and hes a big critic if im shit he tells it how he see's it Marksy would have said other wise. Stop complaining enjoy a game of football or stay home and watch champions league. As Falmouth have said the lad was acting as ball boy so i wish to personally thank the kid. Yes he may have came on to retrieve his ball wrongly on his part but its was away from play. Falmouth had a watchful eye on this lad so no issues. As for the complainant about managers leaving their alloted area they were respectful towards each other and did not block my assistants view as they were told any issues let me know. They did not make any comments and both did an excellent job. Quit ur moaning about small things if thats all you have to complain about then its not worth the time it takes to type it. Stop insulting falmouth town they were great host. Anything said during the game was in the moment and the passion of the sport. Im sure ill cross paths with you again in the future. So leave it here i will not be reading your reply. Case dismissed thank you and good night.

I did see it, i was told in my 1st season bu ray brown. Some times you let sleeping dragons lay. If i went over and said kids cant play there all im doing is upsetting the kids, annoying the home team that dominoes into the game. Let me control my games and actually write a write up worth reading. You missed alot of the games events yet you was seen writing notes for the game in your note book. 

So just incase you still are unsure i considered the kids were safe there with adult supervision the ball could just as likely hit them if they were sat in the stands cold and alone. I was more interested in keeping up with a very fast game of end to end exciting football with some top players on the pitch yet you failed to notice or enjoy as you was more interested in complaining about kids having fun.

Only marksy could pull off calling some1 a wet wipe lol 😂🤣😂

Very professional reply 🤦🏽‍♂️

🔔🔚

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Tom Trust said:

Sorry, Mr Bean, What the kids were doing is as I wrote. I was concerned about what they were doing. Note John Mead's comment about insurance. They certainly were not "away from play" as you claim. You were on the line on the other side of the pitch in the second half when all this was going on. As for the whiskey comment - uncalled for. Unnecessarily speculative and inappropriate. And as far as any "issue" and "slating", ask Mrs Annear in the tea hut if I have an issue with the Club. I have already commented on this forum how made up I was to hear that you won't be moving from Bickland Park - it was from her I heard it at the Illogan game (last night's game was better than that one). Probably my favourite ground to watch football in: always has been. I pay my entry fee, buy the tea, hopefully enjoy the game and should be free to comment both positively and negatively. You have overlooked my wording, that I thought the image of the Club had been adversely affected. I obviously felt disappointed. Falmouth Town is one of Cornwall's greater Clubs and venues.

So sorry about the Falmouth vs Illogan game being so bad that you have to mention it in every post you do... jesus. Get over it... 🙈🙈

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, We Two said:

Any comment Mr Bean on the issue raised by Mr Meads about possible insurance problems should a child get injured, especially a six year old ball boy who had obviously been doing the job with the blessing of the club ?
Be very careful Falmouth, that's quite a risk you are taking,

Why dont you lay off the referees on this forum you and mead. Mead and that other bunch of shambles that they call a committee of the combination league have no idea what they are on about look at how poor the league is ran and the sad affairds surrounding the st piran transfer what a disgrace that was. The south western league, st pirans and trelawny are run amazing dave Bartlam has done amazing things ive heard about the flexi why has the combination league fallen so far behind? Maybe time to out the old and bring in new fresh thinking

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr.green said:

Why dont you lay off the referees on this forum you and mead. Mead and that other bunch of shambles that they call a committee of the combination league have no idea what they are on about look at how poor the league is ran and the sad affairds surrounding the st piran transfer what a disgrace that was. The south western league, st pirans and trelawny are run amazing dave Bartlam has done amazing things ive heard about the flexi why has the combination league fallen so far behind? Maybe time to out the old and bring in new fresh thinking

 

11 hours ago, We Two said:

Any comment Mr Bean on the issue raised by Mr Meads about possible insurance problems should a child get injured, especially a six year old ball boy who had obviously been doing the job with the blessing of the club ?
Be very careful Falmouth, that's quite a risk you are taking,

No comment on the insurance issue then Mr Green / Bean

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr.green said:

Why dont you lay off the referees on this forum you and mead. Mead and that other bunch of shambles that they call a committee of the combination league have no idea what they are on about look at how poor the league is ran and the sad affairds surrounding the st piran transfer what a disgrace that was. The south western league, st pirans and trelawny are run amazing dave Bartlam has done amazing things ive heard about the flexi why has the combination league fallen so far behind? Maybe time to out the old and bring in new fresh thinking

Stand at the next AGM.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...