Kitchen Kit Peninsula Premier Division EAST

Bovey Tracey     3-1         Torpoint Athletic

Elburton Villa     5-3         Stoke Gabriel

Elmore                1-1         Torridgeside

Kitchen Kit Peninsula Premier Division WEST

Callington Town              0-0         Bodmin Town

Saltash United                 3-1         Dobwalls

2 hours ago, Sticker Forever said:

Callington certainly weren’t “battered” tonight. No doubt Leeds will get in a “pickle” about it with a “chip” on his shoulder. 😂

Watched a pretty even encounter tonight at Callington where a point was about right.

On this showing, Bodmin need to add some quality to their squad if they are to compete against the likes of Saltash, Helston, Mousehole and St Austell and break into that top 4. Seem to have too many average players in the current crop but a point against a side that look to be on the up, may not have been a bad result for them and with Gilbert and Carey in the chair, I’m sure they can entice that better player to club as time goes on.

Callington seem to have a new lease of life in their locker after parting company with the previous Management last month. Players certainly look more hungry and determined. Looking on from tonight, It seems very much like the Captain and GK are running the show and on this evidence and last weeks performance, they need to keep the job. A couple more additions in the right area might see them climb to heights they didn’t think were possible 4/5 games ago.

Wednesday 18th September 
SWPL Premier Division East 
Bovey Tracey 3-1 Torpoint Athletic 
Robbie Morris watching at The Western Counties Roofing Ground 

Both sides knew that a win on Wednesday night would mean they would go top of the league after Millbrook lost on Tuesday evening 1-0 at Newton Abbot Spurs. Unfortunately for the visitors with a depleted side, it was the hosts that took the victory.

The match started very competitively with both sides spurning chances as they knew what was at stake.
The home side took the lead in the 17th minute when their prolific goal scorer Sean Finch shot home from close range after a good cross in.
Lewis Young hit the host’s post three minutes later in which could of been the equaliser. 
The Moorlanders doubled their lead on the hour mark, when Finch got his second goal, as he lobbed the ball from an acute angle on the edge of the area.
He home side made it 3-0 on the 88th minute when Cliff Walters ran through the visiting defence, with a break away goal.
Deep into stoppage time, Lewis Young reduced the deficit, with his tenth goal of the season.

Bovey Tracey: J. Nicol, C. Walters, L. Perring, L. Head, O. Stockton, M. Hockley, S. Gill (M. Roberts 63), C. Bridger, S. Finch (J.Moore 88), J. Moxham (C. Johansen 70), A. Davis.
Subs not used: B.  Crockham, S. Wardren.
Bookings: L. Perring 38
Red Cards: None
Scorers: Sean Finch 17, 60, Cliff Walters 88.

Torpoint Athletic: J. Peters, P. Heveran, S. Hill, O. Raven (L. Pacey 71), E. Crawford, J. Heveran, L. Young, M. Lucas, D. Zalick, L. Kershaw (D. Tate 66), J. Miller.
Subs not used: S. Jessep, G. Williams
Bookings: P. Heveran 21
Red Cards: none
Scorer: Lewis Young 90+4

Att: 76
Referee: Ryan Cornelius 
MOM: Sean Finch (Bovey Tracey)

8 hours ago, Paul said:

Callington the whipping boys picking up a point tonight. Over to you Leeds. 

Table doesn't lie Paulie, plus Bodmin are higher than Blazey without the £90 a game Levi !! I watched St.blazey taken apart at the weekend by Falmouth who could of scored more, & like the Falmouth officials stated ... They went there as underdogs with the Blazey Budget ... 

Well done Callington on last night's performance, certainly turned a corner now the old management regime has gone. 

6 hours ago, teflon123 said:

Watched a pretty even encounter tonight at Callington where a point was about right.

On this showing, Bodmin need to add some quality to their squad if they are to compete against the likes of Saltash, Helston, Mousehole and St Austell and break into that top 4. Seem to have too many average players in the current crop but a point against a side that look to be on the up, may not have been a bad result for them and with Gilbert and Carey in the chair, I’m sure they can entice that better player to club as time goes on.

Callington seem to have a new lease of life in their locker after parting company with the previous Management last month. Players certainly look more hungry and determined. Looking on from tonight, It seems very much like the Captain and GK are running the show and on this evidence and last weeks performance, they need to keep the job. A couple more additions in the right area might see them climb to heights they didn’t think were possible 4/5 games ago.

Was also at Callington for their spirited encounter with Bodmin. Think Teflon summed it up pretty well.

Perhaps I have a weakness when I begin analysing games I go along to at SWPL level. Don't get me wrong it's a great little league but the competition and club rivalry occasionally clouds the reality of what we're watching. We get sucked into debating who the top clubs are, who's busting the bank and what we should expect in return. This generates expectations of football quality way beyond the actual capabilities of the league. My apology, I know I've fallen into this trap and I shall endeavour to be a bit more realistic. It's the local league realism of Callington v Bodmin not PSG v Real Madrid on subscription TV. Onto the game......

Effort and commitment wise Callington were outstanding last night. It would have been hard to suffer defeat following such a huge effort to match their visitors.

Bodmin were far more 'up for it' than last Saturday when Buckland rolled them over. They badly wanted the win here. It was full on stuff and neither side were taking prisoners.

Clear cut chances were in short supply, even when Mr Gilbert released The Tornado & Hit Man Hobbs late in the game. Callington rode the tide.

It was fast, frenetic and furious. We even ran out of match balls late first half. Fancy Dan football had a night off but in a strange way it didn't really matter, the sheer enthusiasm and passion to win (and not suffer defeat) gave the proceedings an addictive spice that kept you hooked for the full 90 minutes. Didn't see anyone sneaking back to the car park early doors.

Callington almost snatched it in the dying moments of second half injury time as Bodmin scrambled away a goal line clearance.

Think the home side welcomed the draw all in all, got the feeling Bodmin expected a lot more, at least they looked a lot better side than Saturday.

Not a big crowd (I counted 75) but in my opinion definite value for money.

14 hours ago, Hetty said:

Watched Saltash defeat a hard working Dobwalls tonight.  Saltash worthy of the 3 points but can see Dobwalls having a good season if they keep their key players fit.  

I think that Dobwalls would be happy with the progress that they are making at this level. I heard some comments at saturdays game that anything less than 5.0 would be good?

Well done Dobwalls

15 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Table doesn't lie Paulie, plus Bodmin are higher than Blazey without the £90 a game Levi !! I watched St.blazey taken apart at the weekend by Falmouth who could of scored more, & like the Falmouth officials stated ... They went there as underdogs with the Blazey Budget ... 

Well done Callington on last night's performance, certainly turned a corner now the old management regime has gone. 

Sounds like you are getting your knickers in a twist Leeds 😂