Bodmin Town  0-4  Buckland Athletic

Camelford        2-1  Ashton & Backwell

Helston Athletic   2-0    Axminster Town

Ivybridge Town     2-3     Roman Glass

Radstock Town    2-3      Bovey Tracey

Saltash United        2-1        Porthleven

Sidmouth Town  0-5 Cullompton Rgrs

St Blazey       1-3      Falmouth Town

Torpoint Athletic     4-1    Portishead  (after extra time, 1-1 at 90 mins)

Wells City     1-2    Newton Abbot Spurs

FA Vase 2nd Qualifying Round 
Torpoint Athletic 4-1 Portishead Town 
FT: 1-1 AET: 4-1
Att: 109

The men from The Mill took the game into extra time with an 89th minute strike from Jon McCreery with a 18 yard shot. In extra time, Torpoint never looked back as Lewis Young headed home, a Owen Raven header and a Gary Hird strike.
The first half was goalless and the visitors took the leaded in the 48th minute through Jack Sell.
In the last ten minutes of normal time Luke Cochlan and Alex Chapman we’re both sent off for late challenges.

Took  a trip to St Blazey this afternoon to watch them play Falmouth in the Vase got there a bit late due to th heavy traffic got there just as Luke Brabyn was putting Falmouth 1-0 up ,Falmouth dominated the game and played some lovely football Olly Walker put Falmouth 2-0 up and then Tim Nixon got the 3rd ,St Blazey pulled a goal back with a great goal from Levi Landricombe after Ryann Mart had missed his header and Levi scored with a great volley given Ryan Barnes no chance at all in the Falmouth goal .I was very impressed with Falmouth but St Blazey where poor today .Olly Walker tore St Blazey apart all afternoon and is my man of the match i usually always give it to Joe Cooper who was superb as usual , but i thought Walker was brilliant .A deserved 3-1 to Falmouth could go a long way in the cup but will meet harder opposition than St Blazey today Falmouth where cheered on by there fantastic fans the F Troop and where brilliant and funny with there songs but also crude as well but the Falmouth players do appreciate them and that showed at the final whistle when they went up to applaud them .Attendance today 176 and a Smokie Dog

Bodmin Town 0 Buckland Athletic 4

Expected more than 95* for what looked on paper an interesting encounter. (Head Count*)

Obviously the twitter warnings of having to now pay a car park charge meant hundreds stayed at home.

I witnessed Bodmin win ugly at Liskeard recently which heralded a number of people on here speculating this new look squad could go all the way?

Don't think there'll be much feedback from them after this sorry performance.

A workmanlike but unspectacular Buckland outfit  handed out a pretty thorough tonking.

To say Bodmin were poor is an understatement.

Quite simply they haven't got the quality to process the Gilbert/Carey objectives. A fact made pretty evident by the half time rollicking emitting from under the stand.

The home side have weakness across most key areas of the pitch, there's plenty of dodgy defending down the flanks, little creativity in midfield and they're decidedly bland upfront.

Being generous I reckon they've got half a side tops. They looked disinterested for the most part, too many Bodmin players were walking whilst Buckland were sprinting.

The 4-0 scoreline could have been far worse, perhaps the linesman might get a free pint in the clubhouse later on.

Think this new model Bodmin Town might be going back in the workshop next week?   

Saltash United                 2            (Hughes, Richards)

Porthleven                       1            (Young)

The Ashes go through to the First Round Proper in four weeks time, but you could feel the relief around the Kimberley Stadium when skipper Ryan Richards rammed home the decisive goal five minutes from time.

I, for one, was preparing myself for extra time as although Saltash went in front nine minutes after the interval, they never took advantage of that goal from Sam Hughes and paid the penalty when the Fishermen came back with an equaliser.

A cross from way out on the left in the 73rd minute from Dan Stidwell was headed home by Charlie Young for his sixth Vase goal in two games this season. It was a good header, but one must ask where were the Saltash defenders!

On a beautiful afternoon for playing, the visitors would probably have gone in at half-time ruing the couple chances they had early on. The best coming with just nine minutes on the clock when Dan Stidwell picked up a missed pass from Shaun Cleary, the Port No.7 had a clear run at goal, knocked the ball wide of the advancing Saltash ‘keeper Ryan Rickard but it went agonisingly wide of the upright!

Port will be thinking “what if”, in contrast Saltash will be thinking “our name’s in the draw for the next round and that’s what counts”.

Would also like to say it was good to have a chat with Luke Ranford who was at the game, standing in as Saltash secretary for the day. And for Karl for introducing himself to me - keep up the good work you're doing on the media side up there. See you for sure at the next Vase game

St Blazey just not good enough today. Possibly the effects of Wednesdays efforts while Falmouth didnt play, played its part. Who nos. The actual attendance today was 215. The 176 was paying fans. We dont charge the kids and helpers. The F Troop in fine voice. Great to see it at this level. St Blazey need to pick themselves up for next Saturday. Plenty of football coming up to enjoy. 

If anyone didnt manage to pick up a program today, message me and i will print off more copies to send out. We sold out today. Thank you to everyone to bought one. 

i didnt get a program at todays game Paul i arrived 10mins late due to there being a accident on the way from Newquay which held me up ,i thought St Blazey was weak in defence today and had a strong bench and should of used the subs ,Levi Landricombe looked sharp when he came on but they where not good today outclassed by a good Falmouth side

50 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

i didnt get a program at todays game Paul i arrived 10mins late due to there being a accident on the way from Newquay which held me up ,i thought St Blazey was weak in defence today and had a strong bench and should of used the subs ,Levi Landricombe looked sharp when he came on but they where not good today outclassed by a good Falmouth side

Surprised to see Rendle and Willmott still on the bench, thought there were just being rested at the Helston and would be back today, neither got on. Hate to criticise players but McGee hasn't got going this season and Blazey need him, thought he was lucky to see the whole match out. 

2 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

What’s going on with Levi ? Some saying he not fit to go on the bench for Tiverton yet he fine to play for  Blazey ? , are blazey really going get him full time ? 

im surprised at blazey and the Bodmin result both teams i thought would put up much better fights then they have today. 

7 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

What’s going on with Levi ? Some saying he not fit to go on the bench for Tiverton yet he fine to play for  Blazey ? , are blazey really going get him full time ? 

im surprised at blazey and the Bodmin result both teams i thought would put up much better fights then they have today. 

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/western-morning-news/20190912/281913069808578

18 hours ago, silly billy said:

So Bodmin with all the trophies in the cabinet attracted 95 people and St Blazey attracted 215. Says it all really. I was going to stroll down to Priory but could hear Gilbert giving it welly from the garden so didn't bother.

Bodmin eventually put something out on Twitter stating 86 turned up.

Mr Gilbert received a lengthy touchline lecture from the Referee for a habitual rate of intensely irate tantrums.

Got to sympathise with the guy, his side looked totally incapable of carrying out the game plan. Some of the passing was woeful.

Mr Carey had every right to shake his head in dismay. Even the basics proved difficult.

Not the best advert for Cornwall participation in the FA Vase. The SWPL won't win new admirers with this sort of stuff.

Poor.

On 15/09/2019 at 15:52, 100%cornish said:

Can someone put the a Falmouth team up from yesterday got the St Blaze 1 but cant find the Falmouth 1 anywhere its for my photo albums .Thanks

Ryan Barnes-Luke Barner-Ollie Moody-Martyn Duff-Joe Cooper(C)-Ryan Martt-Tim Nixon(Sam Pickup 81m)-Jack Webber-Jack Bowyer(Matt Buchan 65m)-Luke Brabyn-Olly Walker

Unused subs Andrew Westgarth-Reuben Talbot

Injured-Ben Oliver-Dave Broglino-Luke Johnson    Unavailable Dave Blizzard-Ryan Chinn

Joe Cooper 253 Appearances overtakes George Torrance (252) in his sight Allan Morris (254)--Joe is now 22nd.on the all time Falmouth appearance list

2 hours ago, Uwdi Krugg said:

Mr Gilbert received a lengthy touchline lecture from the Referee for a habitual rate of intensely irate tantrums.

Got to sympathise with the guy, his side looked totally incapable of carrying out the game plan. Some of the passing was woeful.

Mr Carey had every right to shake his head in dismay. Even the basics proved difficult.

Not the best advert for Cornwall participation in the FA Vase. The SWPL won't win new admirers with this sort of stuff.

Poor.

I would say they need to bring some new players in but that seems to happen on a almost weekly basis anyway.

Hearing Lee Mann has already got himself in amongst 2 clubs already. Elburton and St Blazey appear to be the latest clubs. I can understand Elburton as he has always been part of it there, but the rumour mill is rife with noise that he wants to get involved there alongside John Winters and Kev Bowden.

Interestingly, he was also physio for St Blazey Saturday. He may fit in well down there with Hayden and Vincent, although a couple more defeats in quick time and the presence of Mann around and the pressure will be on the Blazey management.

Can't see it being long before he is given another shot!

14 hours ago, Uwdi Krugg said:

Poor.

Looked like Bodmin were getting on a bit of a run in recent weeks, this result against a pretty average Buckland side is surprising. Back to the drawing board I guess, but wonder if a seemingly revolving door of playets is going to help with bedding down and getting a team unit going.

17 hours ago, Uwdi Krugg said:

Poor.

So poor that Buckland have since replaced their manager. 

23 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Not for this section I guess, but what is going on at Buckland? From the outside it looks like a well run club with great facilities that they are continually improving, but they cannot get it right on the field. 

Ditto Sticker, they have some of the best facilities, but something not quite right on the playing side of things.

Falmouth will go to Helston as underdogs, however their 12th man the mighty F-TROOP will turn up in big numbers and will give the players a massive lift. I'm going for a Falmouth win, some of the missing players will be back from injury. EVERYWHERE WE GO !!!! UTT 

3 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Helston should start as favourites given the two sides current league positions and the fact that Helston have already beaten Falmouth in the league this season. However, it was only 2-1. We all love an underdog! Most of us anyway. 😊

2 hours ago, BIG AL said:

I used to!

On ‎16‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 17:27, Way Of The Park said:

Not for this section I guess, but what is going on at Buckland? From the outside it looks like a well run club with great facilities that they are continually improving, but they cannot get it right on the field. 

From what I gather, the appointment of Richard Pears wasn't popular with some of the more established players and many went to Bovey Tracey, hence why they've been so dominant in the SWPL East. 

On 14/09/2019 at 22:41, Iand said:

Surprised to see Rendle and Willmott still on the bench, thought there were just being rested at the Helston and would be back today, neither got on. Hate to criticise players but McGee hasn't got going this season and Blazey need him, thought he was lucky to see the whole match out. 

It's like we think as one. For me Wilmott has been pretty much Blazey's best player this season, only behind the recently departed Steve Rogers. Rendle has also looked pretty good since his return to Blaize Park, although I don't think his mate (and fan favourite) Harry Eaton has hit his best form for Blazey yet.

McGee is a good player going through a poor run of form right now. He missed a glorious chance to make it 2-3, one on one with the keeper (albeit on his weaker left foot) but he scuffed the shot so badly that the keeper just bent down and picked it up. He gave the ball away with a few poor passes and always tries to do everything by himself. But he stretches defenses with his running and he is capable of top quality.

As for the game, fair play to Falmouth; they were comfortably the better side on the day and were supported by a terrific crowd of fans. It was wonderful to see and hear such a spectacle and I hope that one day St Blazey can return to their former glory and emulate that kind of support.