ECPL FIXTURE AND CSCUP SATURDAY 14th September

Sr Dominick 8 Newquay 1

RGB Cornwall Senior Cup First Round

Ludgvan 2 Looe Town 1

Saltash Borough 0 Morwenstow 2

Pendeen Rovers v St Stephen (Playing 21st September)_

Marazion 6 Veryan 3

Roche 3 St Minver 4

Bude Town v Carharrack (Tie awarded to Bude) 

Hayle 8 Lizard Argyle 1

Polperro 15 Padstow United 1 (fifteen)

Ruan Minor 2 St Ives Town 3

St Just v RNAS Culdrose (Away win walkover)

Redruth United 0 Perranporth 4

Gerrans & St Mawes 1 Illogan RBL 7

Rosudgeon 5 St Teath 1

Mullion 5 Lanreath 0

St Cleer 6 St Agnes 2

Perranwell 1 Penryn Athletic 4

St Day 5 Foxhole 2

First Round Byes: North Petherwin, St Dominick, St Mawgan

Cornwall Senior Cup
St Cleer 6-2 St Agnes
So today we made a long awaited return to the Senior Cup. We were drawn against a higher league opposition in St Agnes from the St Piran League. We started slowly and nervously whilst trying to work out our opposition. When we got into our rhythm and started moving the ball around we looked comfortable and scored a good early goal from Skipper Connor Stone, winning the ball on halfway and striding forward before unleashing an unstoppable drive from 30 yards. It was then prolific striker Zak Peels turn to find the net with a clinical strikers goal to help us settle. St Agnes were a threat in the air from set pieces and their goal game from a set piece to make it 2-1. Our third again came from Connor Stone on the rampage up the right wing and put over a dangerous cross that the defender cushioned into his own net. Then it was Peelys turn again to finish cleanly into the bottom corner. We then conceded a soft free kick that somehow trickled into the bottom corner of our net. That spurred us on to finish the game off and Zak completed his hatttick soon after from good work from Sam Rogers and Charlie Coates. Our sixth goal was a sublime finish from out wide, Will Gilbert collecting a good through ball, a quick look up and hit a sweet left foot over the keeper , off the underside of the bar and rolled down the net, a fine finish for his first goal in men’s football. Zak Peely Peel was awarded man of the match for a fine hattrick and we now look forward to the draw for the next round when the big boys join in. A great performance from the whole squad today, well done lads 👏🏻

I guess nobody knows. 

I thought I would buy the Sunday independent this week to see if they have improved.  I guess not.  One match in the ECPL and they couldn't even name the scorers.  And forget the Cornwall Senior cup.  What a waste of a column that was.  Unfortunately this is what you get when you want to save money so that the paper is full of nonsensical stories people are not interested in.  Forget local football which used to be the lifeblood of the paper.  No more I'm afraid,