Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League Sat.7th Sept.

Div 1

St Agnes 2-3 Praze

A talks of two halves. Praze dominant the entire 45 minutes, but the second fell short of the mark and in spells were outplayed by a patient Aggie team. 

All three of praze’s goals coming from the first half, with two defensive errors. The first being a long kick from the away keeper, pounced on by Danny ford from a poor clearance. The second being a miskick, played on by Sam Trevena and again Danny Ford scoring again. Tom Stone got the third from a neat through ball from Danny Ford, who had a very good first half.

St Agnes got themselves back into the game with a great header at the back post from Oakley Rogers and Oakley got his second shortly after.

Praze held on for their first three points of the season. Paul Minns had a great game in the middle and the pitch surprisingly was very nice to play on. Good work from Chris Wells and the team. Onto next week.

Div 1

Penzance Reserves 3-0 Redruth United Reserves

Redruth had to thank their keeper and blockers in the first half, keeping the score at 2-0. pz had lots of possession around box and got through several times but as I say, back line and keeper did well.

Second half saw Redruth up their game and cancelled a lot of attacks in midfield as well as having a few chances themselves. Pz score a 3rd, on 81mins to put the game to bed. Watched by 53 people. 

Thanks to Eric Sleeman for reffing the match.

Storm 2 stithians reserves 5 

stithians started very well went 2-0 up with 2 quick goals and then we allowed them back and they could have been level but had a shot hit the post half time 2-1

come out better in second half and showed our quality once again and we finished the job off with 5-2 win 

🥅Goals scorers 

️ Adam whyte x2

️Jordan jermyn x1 

️John almond x1

️Kieran Baxter x1 

another positive result for stithans today onto next week

#oneteamonedream

1 hour ago, ArseneWanger said:

Div 1

St Agnes 2-3 Praze

A talks of two halves. Praze dominant the entire 45 minutes, but the second fell short of the mark and in spells were outplayed by a patient Aggie team. 

All three of praze’s goals coming from the first half, with two defensive errors. The first being a long kick from the away keeper, pounced on by Danny ford from a poor clearance. The second being a miskick, played on by Sam Trevena and again Danny Ford scoring again. Tom Stone got the third from a neat through ball from Danny Ford, who had a very good first half.

St Agnes got themselves back into the game with a great header at the back post from Oakley Rogers and Oakley got his second from an error from the away keeper.

Praze held on for their first three points of the season. Paul Minns had a great game in the middle and the pitch surprisingly was very nice to play on. Good work from Chris Wells and the team. Onto next week.

Fair report Aggie better side 2nd half 

16 minutes ago, Tonks said:

Storm 2 stithians reserves 5 

stithians started very well went 2-0 up with 2 quick goals and then we allowed them back and they could have been level but had a shot hit the post half time 2-1

come out better in second half and showed our quality once again and we finished the job off with 5-2 win 

🥅Goals scorers 

️ Adam whyte x2

️Jordan jermyn x1 

️John almond x1

️Kieran Baxter x1 

another positive result for stithans today onto next week

#oneteamonedream

Good game today and much better performance from us after the disastrous midweek fixture despite todays result.

I don't think anyone could have complained if we had gone in at half time slightly ahead,  but some solid defending, the woodwork, and our apparent attempts at conversions stopped that.  A poor first 10 in each half was our main downfall today.  No grumbles here over the result though and the game was played in the right spirit, thanks go out to Franco Lovelock who came in and reffed the game really well.

Thanks also to the Stithians lads for coming back to the pub, good luck for the season and we look forward to the reverse fixture.

51 minutes ago, Tempo said:

Illogan 3rds 4-4 Falmouth 3rds

Good game and a good result from us from 4-0 down away at a good side.

Goals for us from Rob Vincent

Danny Reeve x3

Man of the match: Rob Vincent.

Massive thanks and shout out to @Portreathlegend for refereeing - fair and consistent throughout. Explained all his decisions! Class!

Thanks buddy, bit nervous to ref for first time and in a game for my own team. 

You boys had a cracking second half, once you changed the set up a little and came at us.

Deserved draw I think and a great come back.

Thanks for the kind words....

Prem 

Newlyn Non Athletico 3-8 Stithians

Treve Goal Machine Bale 4

Michal Moskal

Peter Blight

Jayden Croot

Ben Cox (Back out of Retirement 😂

Newlyn number 9 had a Hattrick

Great game played in good spirits Newlyn were 2 up after 4 minutes. We pulled one back. Newlyn could of had a penalty straight after,  we went up other end make it 2-2. Both keepers made some good saves on the 38th minute we went 3-2 up. And on 41 we made it 4-2 Ht

Second half 

Felt Newlyn ran out of steam by the 65th minute we were 6-2 up. There keeper made some quality saves. We added 2 more late on. Newlyn replied with one with 5 to go

Well reffed by Neil Stephens

That's 4 our of 4 for us. 

Thanks for the food at the pub see you on the return

15 minutes ago, Portreathlegend said:

You boys had a cracking second half, once you changed the set up a little and came at us.

No worries bud, you smashed it! Would definitely be happy for you to ref all our games!

Yeah I thought when we matched you in midfield we put up a much better fight! 

20 minutes ago, brayer10 said:

Prem 

Newlyn Non Athletico 3-8 Stithians

Treve Goal Machine Bale 4

Michal Moskal

Peter Blight

Jayden Croot

Ben Cox (Back out of Retirement 😂

Newlyn number 9 had a Hattrick

Great game played in good spirits Newlyn were 2 up after 4 minutes. We pulled one back. Newlyn could of had a penalty straight after,  we went up other end make it 2-2. Both keepers made some good saves on the 38th minute we went 3-2 up. And on 41 we made it 4-2 Ht

Second half 

Felt Newlyn ran out of steam by the 65th minute we were 6-2 up. There keeper made some quality saves. We added 2 more late on. Newlyn replied with one with 5 to go

Well reffed by Neil Stephens

That's 4 our of 4 for us. 

Thanks for the food at the pub see you on the return

Completely agree. What a game. What a start by Newlyn. For 60 minutes, a very even game, very competitive and really enjoyable to watch. Great spirit. Quite right, Newlyn ran out of puff, or something, and the game got away from them a little bit. But they rallied and scored the last of the game after scoring the first 2! Stithians are going to be strong this year, and not many losses I feel.

Trelawny Premier

Probus 1 - 2 Holman Sports Club

The visitors were made to work hard by a home defence that were as solid as a Donald Trump Wall built by Mexicans and Holmans struggled to break through and like the well versed famous children’s book ‘Going on a bear hunt ‘couldn’t go over it couldn’t go under it and unlike the book couldn’t go through it either’ pretty much stalemate first half which was a bit frustrating and a little bit of unnecessary niggle crept in which to be honest the ref wasn’t handling the best HT 0-0

2nd half livened up some what! 50th min a shoulder to shoulder challenge just after half time between Adam in the Holmans Goal and a Probus striker resulted in a penalty........must be one of those pesky new rules that anything 5 yards outside the box is now a penalty luckily the ref saw it from the halfway line so was close enough to be sure 🤔 Probus 1-0 Holmans. Adam fancied a bit of a rest for 10min at this point and ended up in the ‘bin of sin’ for being a cheeky so and so to the ref resulting in Jeweller ending up between the sticks. The home side took full advantage of the extra man by having their central midfielder sent off for a 2nd yellow within 5 min so that worked out well and then just to add to the issue conceded two goals in quick succession.....nearly as quick as the lifespan of two England opening batsman in an Ashes test. With the away side now 1-2 up the game petered out to finish 1-2 with the Holmans goals coming from Jack Mankee and a stewards enquiry on the 2nd as to if it was an OG from the corner or Will Snapes.........as it’s be nice to Gingers Week I will give it to Will

Not the best performance today but 5 away games 5 wins so can’t grumble at that and back to Blaythorne next week for the start of 3 home fixtures beginning with Lanner 2:30 Kick Off

7 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Couple of big scorelines this week!!! 🤔😲😳

The problem is rappo there are too many players who should be playing higher divisions dropping down playing against lower “struggling “teams 

Then you got teams in combo struggling for players to compete in that league cos the players that can are knocking in 5 goals a game in the lower trelawney league.  For example last season Carharrack and porthlevan and others at the lower end of the combo league.

then in the lower trelawney league u got teams getting  spanked double figures cos the players are too good for that league .

then you got the players in the lower league losing interest cos why give up your saturdays to be humiliated and then pay your subs for that privilege. 

Some people may disagree but it’s my opinion and you can’t deny it when you got double figure score lines 

6 minutes ago, GEACH1 said:

The problem is rappo there are too many players who should be playing higher divisions dropping down playing against lower “struggling “teams 

Then you got teams in combo struggling for players to compete in that league cos the players that can are knocking in 5 goals a game in the lower trelawney league.  For example last season Carharrack and porthlevan and others at the lower end of the combo league.

then in the lower trelawney league u got teams getting  spanked double figures cos the players are too good for that league .

then you got the players in the lower league losing interest cos why give up your saturdays to be humiliated and then pay your subs for that privilege. 

Some people may disagree but it’s my opinion and you can’t deny it when you got double figure score lines 

To be fair to us at Threemilestone, we were desperate to go up a league and although being promoted were pretty much still facing the same sides. 

Also last season loads of us went to help Carharrack as much as we could and got hammered every time we did.  

I wasn’t having a pop a tms I’m talking about the leagues as a whole . 

Last season there was a few struggling combo teams then in trelawney leagues players who was too good for that standard . And too many big score lines it’s becoing not competitive for some teams then people lose interest as people dnt want to purview diesel in car drive to a pitch get spanked then pay for that privilege.

12 minutes ago, GEACH1 said:

It’s player movement that causes the issue not the teams unfortunately and very difficult to find a solution for the league. One season a team might have a fantastic side the next they may have a mass exodus and the side is in a higher league getting thumped. Until players start showing a bit of club loyalty and becoming part of that community rather then flip-flopping from one side to another it will never be solved

had an interesting conversation with another club stalwart yesterday and we discussed this subject and kind of agreed that the indicator is probably when you come to the end of your playing days which is the side you would call ‘your club’ to go and watch and have a beer with old teammates in the clubhouse after - difficult If as a player you have moved from one club to another every couple of years 

1 hour ago, Pitty said:

had an interesting conversation with another club stalwart yesterday and we discussed this subject and kind of agreed that the indicator is probably when you come to the end of your playing days which is the side you would call ‘your club’ to go and watch and have a beer with old teammates in the clubhouse after - difficult If as a player you have moved from one club to another every couple of years 

Spot-on Pity! Matches my theory about becoming committee members when playing days are over.

Trelawny League Championship: Ludgvan Reserves 3-1 Mullion Reserves

After some well-documented struggles in recent weeks the Hurlers managed to cobble together side and got their reward with a hard-earned three points at Mullion.

A big thank you to everyone's help getting the message out and for the offers of support - it'll certainly be a long and difficult season for the club but days like yesterday make it worth it.

I'm told that four players from Duchy side St Cleer played yesterday after offering their services earlier in the week, so huge credit to them as well for making the long trip down.

3 hours ago, Pitty said:

It’s player movement that causes the issue not the teams unfortunately and very difficult to find a solution for the league. One season a team might have a fantastic side the next they may have a mass exodus and the side is in a higher league getting thumped. Until players start showing a bit of club loyalty and becoming part of that community rather then flip-flopping from one side to another it will never be solved

One thing I have noticed over the last couple of seasons Neil, is the amount of players that stay behind for a drink, or who are genuinely up for a laugh. There's not as much atmosphere or commeradary anymore. 

To me, when I started, Football years ago, it was about having a day with the lads, wind ups, Jokes, playing for each other, having a few hours in the clubhouse after a game. All that is gone. Such a shame 

55 minutes ago, Asterix said:

One thing I have noticed over the last couple of seasons Neil, is the amount of players that stay behind for a drink, or who are genuinely up for a laugh. There's not as much atmosphere or commeradary anymore. 

To me, when I started, Football years ago, it was about having a day with the lads, wind ups, Jokes, playing for each other, having a few hours in the clubhouse after a game. All that is gone. Such a shame 

Correct 

4 hours ago, GEACH1 said:

Geach, Am I right in thinking that you used to be involved with Mabe. As I remember being on the end of a 10-0 hammering from you guys playing for St Just. Funny when the shoe is on the other foot you're on the forum having a moan about players who should be playing a higher standard. 

Just went on trelawney league website to see what squad mabe had when you lost 10-0 but it says we lost points that game and came up with players ineligible.

so I clicked on the next game on from that which iv uploaded a pic of .

there was no “senior “ players playing there although since then 3 of that team have gone onto play in the combination league . That game you are talking about was 4 years ago .

5512B72F-2EF4-49A2-99AA-B8F10994857F.png

1 hour ago, GEACH1 said:

Just went on trelawney league website to see what squad mabe had when you lost 10-0 but it says we lost points that game and came up with players ineligible.

there was no “senior “ players playing there although since then 3 of that team have gone onto play in the combination league . That game you are talking about was 4 years ago .

Looks like you put 10, 13 and then 5 past St Just that season. 

Don't think the complaint was ‘senior’ players but more a case of players playing below their ability level. This was clearly the case for Mabe for a number of years.

A91190D1-AF06-4F9B-9371-A8404248C323.png

3 hours ago, GEACH1 said:

6 players 

On 07/09/2019 at 19:37, Portreathlegend said:

Poacher turned gamekeeper bundi 😎

2 hours ago, Pegs said:

Liam chinn, Ben kellow, Lewis pellow, jago Taylor - Falmouth town combo and swpl 

kier dent - penryn combo

Ryan caddy - penryn combo and Falmouth st piran 

*jago didn’t play for the swpl team, only combo 

Hell up mate I never meant to give u home work 

if you really want to throw a spanner in the work I played a few combo games last season also . But I can’t Evan catch so I dnt count 😄😄😄