Cornwall Football Forum

What the Hell is happening to my team Godolphin

Whats going wrong with the G ,they have now lost there best player Dan Perryman to St Austell only a while back G manager said Dan wasnt going to go anywhere well hes gone , The G are in a right mess at the moment before before the season started they lost nearly all there players to Newquay and they had to rebuild .Hope the G can get back on track ,the discipline at the club is still not good and the manager getting sent off wasnt a good example for the club .Needs a overhaul at the moment .

Dan was approached before the season started by st Austell and he agreed to stay at the g, unfortunately they returned with a revised offer that dan couldn’t turn down, I wish him the best of luck he’s a great lad and player!

in reference to the rest of your comments, this transition was never going to take just 8 weeks lol this is a work in progress that will take a good while probably years, the club relied on the same group of players for a long time they have gone things have moved on and so will the club just give everyone associated a little time!

as for the discipline and myself getting sent off I really didn’t see why I did and Chris the st Austell manager completely agreed! As for Cam he was really unlucky to see two yellows at st Blazey however frustrations got the better of him at st Austell after being studded in the chest without the referee protecting him at all he reacted! 

A complete overhaul as you stated is a silly notion, time and common sense should win the day

2 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

Sid - sick with it, change will take time and i’m sure those at the club understand - as do all those from ‘smaller’ clubs without big bank rolls. You have some good players there - still. 

Thankyou, the process has only just started and in all honesty it’s an exciting time yes we need to add depth like most teams! Good players are always going to be approached by the bigger clubs that’s football at every level I’m afraid! 

I fully trust the players that are there and we will be looking to add to that group ASAP 

A month ago Sid on here you said Dan was  going  nowhere and now he up sticks and goes ,i expect Joe Stone will be next to go because he is a class player .Hope the transition does materialise .The G had a poor disciplinary record last year hope its not going to carry on this season as well ,Good luck vs Portheleven Sid i wont be there to watch it my partner needs my car so i will be up watching Newquay vs Saltash.Maybe Lee Paxton will be given a more strikers role in the G team he always gives his all but he is G through and through .See you soon Sid when i will be there with my Smokie dog standing under the tree taking photos as usual .Dont really know why St Austell came in for Dan they dont need him the are scoring enough goals already and are having a great season so far

59 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Keep going SID, I think in reality everyone knows that Godolphin are in a transition period, after losing how many players to Newquay? The towns club will always have the purse strings, & budget , they should be a country mile ahead of G this season in table, let's see if they are at end 

G probably paying more than Newquay 😂

It's a transition period for the while leagues most teams have swapped and made changes this year. Look at the money supposedly spent down at halston they havent hit the ground running. Sid knows full well G have always been a  club with local players that have stuck together and played for years this goes back 15 or so years when Derek came over from st Columb minor and the same players got the club to winning east cornwall and cup. All the players that just left were known to the club and youngsters. Every so often theres going to need to.be a rebuild people stop playing. 1 thing g wont be short of is people wanting to play for them from Muff in the pub to sid on the pitch g have excellent people around who people want to play for. Tania must be one of the hardest working people in cornish football! I watched the game at st Austell. G had chances they created but didnt take them so theres positives there. Discipline is important but I feel it's more frustration that's the issue atm. They just need to gain a couple good results on the bounce to get confidence going. I'm sure G will be fine.Its actually a bit of a pointless post @100%cornish you know full well what's going one there you watch them all the time what do you expect. They are a people club but a big pay club!

@SID good luck keep going. You only get out what you out in. 

The G is a lovely club run by lovely people who really care about there club ,I agree Tania is the hardest working person in Cornish football shes a bloody marvel what she does for the G does the lot she loves her club and i expect she has blue blood running through her veins she is just so dedicated to the club but there other good people at this club ,just a shame the G are having a blip at the moment but they did beat Falmouth and that was a shock result .Hope they can get a result today vs  Portheleven pity i couldnt be there but i just get my car back from the garage and my partners car goes wrong and she needs mine to get to her work .So i am walking up the hil to see the best team in the league at the moment Saltash think there will be a lot of goals 6-0 to Saltash i predict Ryan Richards with a hat trick . All enjoy your footy wherever you are watching and be nice to the refs and officials

On 06/09/2019 at 16:29, 100%cornish said:

A month ago Sid on here you said Dan was  going  nowhere and now he up sticks and goes ,i expect Joe Stone will be next to go because he is a class player .Hope the transition does materialise .The G had a poor disciplinary record last year hope its not going to carry on this season as well ,Good luck vs Portheleven Sid i wont be there to watch it my partner needs my car so i will be up watching Newquay vs Saltash.Maybe Lee Paxton will be given a more strikers role in the G team he always gives his all but he is G through and through .See you soon Sid when i will be there with my Smokie dog standing under the tree taking photos as usual .Dont really know why St Austell came in for Dan they dont need him the are scoring enough goals already and are having a great season so far

Were u drunk when u posted this 100% Cornish??? Joe stone is not class he's not even good enough to lace his brothers boots.

3 hours ago, StarMan42 said:

Joe Stone leaving the club imminently, the G’s current run of form causing him to take a job as far away from Newquay as possible 

It’s a shame you don’t know the real reasons and think joe wants out, the absolute nonsense that is written on this forum sometimes makes me wonder if any of you understand grass roots football at all? Just trolls stirring up rubbish  

30 minutes ago, SID said:

It’s a shame you don’t know the real reasons and think joe wants out, the absolute nonsense that is written on this forum sometimes makes me wonder if any of you understand grass roots football at all? Just trolls stirring up rubbish  

Does anyone understand grassroots football anymore...it's certainly changed...a lot!

53 minutes ago, SID said:

More trolling as predicted lol 

I wasn't trolling Sid, I was merely stating the fact that these trolls only exist because people are daft enough to respond to them.  They troll to get a response, providing they get a response they will continue to troll.  You are clearly silly enough to bite and as long as they get bites, they'll keep fishing.  All the best for the season.

Newquay have got a good team Leeds they cant be all that bad to of drawn with top side Saltash who are scoring goals for fun ,they have all the ex G players plus other good payers notably the brilliant Jack Bray Evans .Dont know why Newquay played poor vs Wendron must of had lots of players out but they have got a strong squad

On 06/09/2019 at 12:23, SID said:

Dan was approached before the season started by st Austell and he agreed to stay at the g, unfortunately they returned with a revised offer that dan couldn’t turn down, I wish him the best of luck he’s a great lad and player!

in reference to the rest of your comments, this transition was never going to take just 8 weeks lol this is a work in progress that will take a good while probably years, the club relied on the same group of players for a long time they have gone things have moved on and so will the club just give everyone associated a little time!

as for the discipline and myself getting sent off I really didn’t see why I did and Chris the st Austell manager completely agreed! As for Cam he was really unlucky to see two yellows at st Blazey however frustrations got the better of him at st Austell after being studded in the chest without the referee protecting him at all he reacted! 

A complete overhaul as you stated is a silly notion, time and common sense should win the day

Heard he’s on big big money that’s what temped him away ,  and playing at the right end of the league .dont no if he is quite good enough what I seen of him at G . He was good for the g but st Austell a step up and play football . Not just a kick and rush team