Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum
Mark Jones

Falmouth V Helston This Wednesday - New Floodlights Switch on with the Falmouth Marine Band!

Recommended Posts

Wednesday sees the grand opening of the new floodlights at Bickland Park, kick off 7:30pm. In attendance will be the Falmouth Marine Band, with their drums & tambourines making a noise, aided by the loyal F- Troop! The club are doing excellent in bringing Bickland Park back up to scratch. Still plenty to do but a great start. 

Up the Town! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BIG AL said:

 Great to think I am appreciated, been watching Falmouth for 40 years!

 

That's what I call a true supporter. I'm sure if Falmouth Town pylon the pressure you would be only to pleased to press that switch on Wednesday night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rayvon said:

That's what I call a true supporter. I'm sure if Falmouth Town pylon the pressure you would be only to pleased to press that switch on Wednesday night.

Pylon:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, BIG AL said:

 Great to think I am appreciated, been watching Falmouth for 40 years!

 

No you haven't..not been for how many years now? 

But, I'm sure they would love you to do it...but you won't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Pylon:rolleyes:

No you haven't..not been for how many years now? 

But, I'm sure they would love you to do it...but you won't. 

The last full game I watched there was against Argyle, 2 years ago, and the attendance was 75!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BIG AL said:

 Great to think I am appreciated, been watching Falmouth for 40 years!

 

I can beat you by 11 years then .

6 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

The Lights have been switched on and tested  so it  is go for kick off.

Luke Brabyn is set to make his 100th.FT appearance--Joe Cooper made it 250 in Bristol on Saturday.

What year did the lights originally go up mike .I know we played crystal palace in the commemorative match for the switch on .I'm thinking 1974 ish can't remember the score either .😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First match under lights-10th.April 1974  SWL Falmouth Town 4--Porthleven 1( Town scorers Roy Carter,Len Ellery,Tony Kellow2-all went on to play for Football League clubs))

The lights were up a lot earlier in 1973 but couldn't be used because of the 3 day working week and Power cuts due to the Miners strike

Brstol City were the official opponents for the switch on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

H/T 0--1

25 min. Falmouth Town 0--Helston Athletic  1  Mark Goldsworthy set up by Billy Tucker

47min 0-2 Kai Cornish follows up a Tucker free kick

76min 1--2 Matt Buchan (former Blue) rifles home after good work from Jack Webber

FT 1--2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mike Odgers said:

H/T 0--1

25 min. Falmouth Town 0--Helston Athletic  1  Mark Goldsworthy set up by Billy Tucker

47min 0-2 Kai Cornish follows up a Tucker free kick

76min 1--2 Matt Buchan (former Blue) rifles home after good work from Jack Webber

FT 1--2

Billy Tucker ? Ex Frogpool / Cusgarne Reserves .😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to say best I've ever seen Eve park looking.

Only going to be one winner for the first 25 minutes, Falmouth dominating play and looking dangerous with every attack, but then Helston scored against the run of play and the game changed completely. 

Helston dominated for the next hour with Falmouth chasing shadows until the last ten minutes when they took the game to Helston. 

Overall a fair result in the end in front of the biggest crowd for years, l'm guessing 700+

Impressed with the ground and the new lights but could be a funny old season for Falmouth! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Got to say best I've ever seen Eve park looking.

Only going to be one winner for the first 25 minutes, Falmouth dominating play and looking dangerous with every attack, but then Helston scored against the run of play and the game changed completely. 

Helston dominated for the next hour with Falmouth chasing shadows until the last ten minutes when they took the game to Helston. 

Overall a fair result in the end in front of the biggest crowd for years, l'm guessing 700+

Impressed with the ground and the new lights but could be a funny old season for Falmouth! 

700???!! Hahaha it was 356 I hear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best Bickland has looked for years! Surface was superb too. Hat off to West and Milch for all the work they’re doing behind the scenes. A shame the ‘loyal’ F troop keep bringing the whole thing down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Blues10 said:

Best Bickland has looked for years! Surface was superb too. Hat off to West and Milch for all the work they’re doing behind the scenes. A shame the ‘loyal’ F troop keep bringing the whole thing down. 

Yes. I can see Falmouth getting into a bit of trouble with the firework being thrown towards the pitch!

Plain stupid.

But. The Helston players performing in front of the one brain cell called F troop at the final whistle was not in the best taste either! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Echo that blues10 , what westy and Miller have done is class. Good guys the both if them.

How the helston players conducted themselves at the final whistle may not be great but the abuse the f-troop hand out to all opposition players staff and officials is out of order. With that in mind I can see why the reaction was what it was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure Town will hope to be classed as a family club but unfortunately families will be put off  from attending matches if there enjoyment is spoilt by bad language and other shenanigans. I hope with a quiet word in the right place peace and tranquillity can be restored.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rayvon said:

I'm sure Town will hope to be classed as a family club but unfortunately families will be put off  from attending matches if there enjoyment is spoilt by bad language and other shenanigans. I hope with a quiet word in the right place peace and tranquillity can be restored.

Come on Ray, give the guys a break, they are 50/60 something year old guys, looking to get out for the day from their wives, hardly hooligans, couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag !! Couple even had walking sticks 🤣🤣

I was told they are even having a few free drinks thrown their way as the management & players are desperate for them to keep attending ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no problem at all with the so named F Troop Leeds all part of football culture many may say but what I am saying there will be some that don't go to a football match to hear foul language and insults aimed at the opposition and that's coming from someone who was a member of TISA for many years. How many people have come on here before and commented on the language of the Bodmin management. I rest my case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sticker Forever said:

Bodmin would love a supporter to turn up one day no doubt? Well done to Falmouth, good to see Bickland Park alive and kicking. Great old ground. Older was you on the pop counting double the crowd? My glasses aren’t the best mind!  🤓

Double vision methinks 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Sticker Forever said:

Bodmin would love a supporter to turn up one day no doubt? Well done to Falmouth, good to see Bickland Park alive and kicking. Great old ground. Older was you on the pop counting double the crowd? My glasses aren’t the best mind!  🤓

& I'm sure Falmouth would love Bodmin's trophy cabinet of the last 20 years ..

Don't get medals for how many supporters you get ... That's the wooden spoon trophy which might be heading your way 'Sticker Forever' 🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rayvon said:

I'm sure Town will hope to be classed as a family club but unfortunately families will be put off  from attending matches if there enjoyment is spoilt by bad language and other shenanigans. I hope with a quiet word in the right place peace and tranquillity can be restored.

Feelings have always run high at matches, it has been goingon ever since I first started watching. Surely this is part of the atmosphere. The silent atmosphere has existed at Bickland for years so a little bit of vocal support I would think will liven the place up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sticker Forever said:

Yes it may well Leeds but at least the club have spent their money on the facilities on a ground they own rather than hundreds on players from two counties away to finish about 5th on a council owned pitch if you’re lucky?  🤔

It appears that Sticker have spent their money looking after the supporters ( of both teams ) facilities, and the club members there, are an example to follow . 👍
In fairness you can't expect Bodmin to spend money on something they haven't got ! 😭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BIG AL said:

Feelings have always run high at matches, it has been goingon ever since I first started watching. Surely this is part of the atmosphere. The silent atmosphere has existed at Bickland for years so a little bit of vocal support I would think will liven the place up.

Does that include the use of pyrotechnics as well then AL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BIG AL said:

Feelings have always run high at matches, it has been goingon ever since I first started watching. Surely this is part of the atmosphere. The silent atmosphere has existed at Bickland for years so a little bit of vocal support I would think will liven the place up.

Never thought I'd say it but very well said big al 👍

6 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Come on Ray, give the guys a break, they are 50/60 something year old guys, looking to get out for the day from their wives, hardly hooligans, couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag !! Couple even had walking sticks 🤣🤣

I was told they are even having a few free drinks thrown their way as the management & players are desperate for them to keep attending ! 

Oh dear ,making fun of handicap and amputees, bad taste that and shows a lack of class and respect 😥

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The "F-Troop" have been good at times bring a really good atmosphere to games, and giving the team a massive boost.  Having said that they are running a very tight line with some  of their "shenanigans":

  • throwing things at Keepers 
  • flares
  • fireworks

As entertaining and good for the game as they can be, i wouldn't like to see them get the club in trouble.

JW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not wishing to throw a damp squib on the situation and this is only an observation but speaking from experience if the FA get to hear about these flares and fireworks being let off at games then they will come down on the club like a ton of bricks with fines and points deduction a possibility. It is of course down to the referee to report these incidents, perhaps they are more lenient in Cornwall I don't know,only time will tell.

By the way I felt one of my songs coming on then, it was from the Rolling Stones and "Jumping Jack Flash"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rayvon said:

Not wishing to throw a damp squib on the situation and this is only an observation but speaking from experience if the FA get to hear about these flares and fireworks being let off at games then they will come down on the club like a ton of bricks with fines and points deduction a possibility. It is of course down to the referee to report these incidents, perhaps they are more lenient in Cornwall I don't know,only time will tell.

By the way I felt one of my songs coming on then, it was from the Rolling Stones and "Jumping Jack Flash"

I thought Boom Bang a Bang by Lulu myself ! 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...