Cornwall Football Forum

Bridgewater 2 Parkway 0.

Adam Carter is on holiday at the moment. Sounded like a poor performance, and a game to forget for Parkway.

It is only one defeat though against a side that are likely to be among the challengers at a tough ground to visit, no need for post mortems or recriminations.  Huge game against Merthyr next week in the FA Cup, big chance for Parkway to put this loss behind them.

5 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

The problem is getting someone in who willing to sit on the bench when carter does  play.  I think that why yetton and annear left. Think it is an issue when he not available or injured. Where a decent replacement ? 

Good point. First though you have to find a player who can score 30-40 goal's a season in the Western League (everybody wants one, and there aren't many around), and then keep them happy when they don't play every week (Parkway only play one upfront, Adam Carter is first choice when fit and available). Not an easy task. 

Don't know much about Curtis Damerell, but I'm sure that Lee Hobbs must see something in him, and believes that he has potential at this level. He wouldn't have signed him otherwise. From the reports I have read, and the highlights I have watched, he looks busy and contributes a lot to the general play, possibly just needs his first goal to get himself off and running.

On 01/09/2019 at 08:07, Way Of The Park said:

Adam Carter is on holiday at the moment. Sounded like a poor performance, and a game to forget for Parkway.

It is only one defeat though against a side that are likely to be among the challengers at a tough ground to visit, no need for post mortems or recriminations.  Huge game against Merthyr next week in the FA Cup, big chance for Parkway to put this loss behind them.

Is Carter available v. Merthyr?